October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Foundations - Erno Laszlo - Absolute Finish Finishing Mousse Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rainsim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Working from the great reviews, thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, great disappointment for me.
Colour match is pretty awful. I had to mix 2 different shades, but even then, couldn't quite get it right. Looked both too ashy and dark for me. I've used mousse foundations before but this one seems different - it's difficult to spread evenly. Settles very quickly too and gives a quite mask-like effect, rather than the sheer colour I like. Tried thinning it down with moisturiser, but you need quite a bit.
Worst of all, it broke me out. Bad thing for a supposedly all-in-one product. Cause blotchiness, whiteheads and cystic acnes - and I usually have clear skin! I thought it was because it was the additional stress or my new moisturiser, but I isolated everything else out and this seem to be the offending product. Stopped using it, no new breakouts. Must be something I'm allergic to.
Quite an expensive failed experiment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I went to a lot of trouble to get this. My local Nordstrom's did not have my color (bisque) in stock, so they had to ship it from another store. I only purchased this because of the positive reviews. I have to confess that I always considered Erno Laszlo to be kind of a has-been. Well, this foundation did not do anything to disabuse me of that impression. First, the color is alarmingly dark in the jar, but it was actually acceptable on my fair to light skin. I don't know if there is a defect in the jar that was sent to me, but the plastic cover that I would normally discard has to be on top of the jar in order for the cap to close. Otherwise, it is too large--it keeps turning and turning but doesn't tighten. But like the other negative reviews noted, I find that this accentuates dry areas, and pores, and doesn't really do what you would expect foundation to do--even out the skin tone, camouflage imperfections, etc., especially for the $50 price tag. Big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by kattepillar

This foundation is incredible! I bought it online without having ever tested it (never even heard of Erno Laszlo before now anyway) in the lightest shade, Porcelain. It does look quite dark in the tub, but melts into my fair skin wonderfully, and really does make your complexion look flawless. I've never found a foundation that glides on so airily- i tend to apply with my fingers, and a little dot on my cheek somehow manages to extend SO FAR! it's incredibly pigmented, feels like you're applying a second skin. For the first 2 weeks i just used the foundation stuck to the lid of the pot before i even had to touch the pot itself. This will truly last you for a long time, and while a little pricey, is 100% worth the money. My holy grail foundation for sure. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by broncica

I bought Erno Laszlo Absolute Finish Mousse Foundation just few days ago and I must say that this is the best foundation ever! It´s pricey, but the effect is unbelievable. I have some breakouts and pores but after using it my skin looks flawless and beautyful, not like a mask. I am disspointed that I cant buy Erno Laszlo´s products in my country, but i found them on Amazon so now I can purchase more :) I recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I bought this in bisque because of the great reviews. The color is an orange mess on me. It settled in all my fine lines and made my skin look dry even though my skin is NOT dry.

Off to swap land for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by eggsandwich97

this is the best make up that i ever used for a natural looking foundation and i used a lot and theres quite a few good ones but none ever as perfect as this for a natural looking foundation as long as i moisturize or use an illuminating primer and you just have to use very few and it should last and it doesn't break me out it has the fewest ingredient list i ever seen and it blends great with my fingers and sonia kashuk flat top kubuki.it is more like medium airbrushed with the kabuki brush and fuller but still natural with fingers. If you thing its to heavy or feels to heavy or doesn't spread well, try using less or using a primer that works well with on your skin type and how the makeup is with your skin also another thing you might need to do is exfoliate or moisturize i thing it can be the perfect foundation for anyone as long as you do use it correctly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by michelle888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I will certainly buy this product again. I found out about it (I mean who talks about Erno Laszlo lately? it's so hard to find anywhere) by reading MUA, there's a little column now on the far right hand side of the page where it shows the top-recommended foundations. Curious, I ordered a jar sight-unseen from eBay and was lucky enough to have picked my absolute perfect skin color, Bisque, which is the second-lightest shade. It's a mousse-like texture and looks rather dark in the jar, but when you spread it on your face, and I use a sponge wedge, it simply GLOWS! I had my eyebrows done yesterday while wearing this foundation, and my eyebrow lady, who is also a makeup artist, raved about how great my skin looked and wanted to know what I was using. For reference, I am about a Mac NW20, very neutral skin, usually use the lightest- or second-lightest shades in foundation because I HATE to add color to my complexion and would rather err on the side of too light and use a big of contour and blush than too dark/orange. This foundation absolutely glows and melts into your skin and I find it comparable in quality to La Prairie, and my second favorite that I own, next to Aveda Inner Light Dual foundation. Try this stuff, you won't be disappointed!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by karianaforero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily acne prone, sensitive with seborreheic dermatitis. This is definitely a great foundation, I got in Tan, it is unbeliveable a perfect match! (Mac NC42) the texture is like mousse and it goes on very light, i couldnt feel it at all. it covers well. its buildable as well. it did not cause me to break out, as most foundations do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a really nice foundation -- very pigmented and I like the short ingredient list. I also like that it contains a BHA. You get a lot of product in the tub, especially considering how pigmented it is. I would buy again, but I don't see needing to for a while because one tub will last forever. I don't use the same foundation every day, but if I used this every day I would see it still lasting for many months. There are a few things I would change about it, so I took a lipstick off. One, I wish the palest shade was paler. It's a little too dark for me, but because it's pigmented, I blend it in over my zinc oxide-based sunscreen, and it works really well. And I wish it provided more moisture. It's quite matte. I like it better when I use a moisturizing primer underneath. But all in all, this is a really nice foundation I'm impressed with it and will keep using it. If I don't think I'm pulling off the color (I really do wish Porcelain was more porcelain than it is), I may end up offering it for swap, but it will only be because the shade isn't perfect for NW10 me because I really do like the formula. If you can find a shade that works for you and you like cream/mousse foundations, you should love this one. This is what I hoped the L'Oreal Magic Souffle would at least be a little like.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I had to update my review because although I was not entirely happy with the color match (Sand), I found it a tad bit grey but a close match . For reference I am Dior 021 Linen and I mix Shu's 974 and 964. (I look best in yellow toned foundations) I stopped using this and was liking diorlift for a while in the winter months because it seemed moisturize my winter skin well and I though it was good coverage,This one when used by itself can make your skin appear dry , but I mix it with my Shu Face architect cream and I must say I am very happy. The coverage is about as full as any foundation I have tried without looking like a mask. It sets after a while making it very long lasting and my skin has been looking very flawless since !

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No