August 22, 2014 | 1933 users online

Crème - Cinema Secrets - Ultimate Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by toybuyer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I deal quite a bit with photographs. I first became acquainted with Cinema Secrets from http://camerareadycosmetics.com/ And then I did more research. If this product was great in the early days for the movie industry; why wouldn't it still be good? It photographs very well. I don't need pretty packaging. The price is great. I even buy a small one to keep in my purse. I apply with a damp beauty blender, a sigma brush or the best tools--my fingers. Won't be without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am NC20 and I purchased this in the smaller pot in shade 602-65. This reminds me of Cover FX and I feel that formulation-wise these two foundations are nearly identical, although I feel that the Cinema Secrets does not transfer as much. I appreciate that Cinema Secrets has the option of purchasing the small pot because it takes me forever to use up foundation. The shade looks really yellow in the pan and sometimes on the skin, but it is the correct shade for my skin tone once it's blended out. These types of foundations aren't always good for everyone. I have drier skin that can flake and sometimes cremes can accentuate that over other formulas, possibly because my preferred method of applying cremes is to use more contact for more coverage. A sponge sprayed with NaCPA spray and then dipped into this foundation has worked very well for me. I still use Cover Fx's primer because I like that very much. Slight powder to hold it all in place and I am a satisfied customer. Overall a solid product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super light and covers great. It's the only other concealer I can use other than my Neutrogena smooth stick, that doesn't piss me off and look gross on my skin. It's water based so it smooths out evenly and it lets your skin breath. Doesn't feel like you have makeup on, unless you cake it on with a brush or sponge... Which because its consistency, you can make that mistake your first couple times using this. But when used right, It doesn't look cakey under powder and it honestly looks and feels like your own real skin... Just your skin if it had no imperfections or redness of course. Totally worth it. Their site sucks for trying to order the right color though, so maybe try calling them for shade help or going down there. I live near the area so it helps... But I still hate going there so once you get your shade once, ordering online from them is a breeze. I have medium w/ neutral undertones skin. Close to Jessica Simpson or Carrie underwood skin, and i use the shade 506(15) for concealing. It's awesome stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

PREPARATION: as my skin is dry, I usually apply a facial oil or moisturiser first, but as this is stage makeup & quite heavy, I applied primer only.

CONSISTENCY: This is a cream foundation which easily provides full coverage. Creamy & smooth but quite dense & heavy too, applied using the beauty blender & finished with Ben Nye banana powder.

QUALITY: Excellent! Full coverage + didn't budge all day. Great pigmentation

RE-PURCHASE? Unfortuntely, no : ( I finished taking Accutane 7 years ago & this foundation gave me my first recurrence of 2 HUGE cystic acne pimples on my cheek, after wearing it 2 days in a row. I purchased samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $4, each little pot contains enough for a bit more than 3 applications so I've been using it as under eye concealer with no problems so far.

ETA: Have increased my rating from 1 lippy to 4 - I've tried this again with no break outs so my skin was obviously just being weird the first time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this baby! I bought this mainly because I could never find a foundation that suited my skintone and this offered a wide range of cool and warm toned colors. It is very blendable and smooth and a little goes a long, long way considering it's full coverage. It doesn't have SPF so I assume it would photograph well. It also comes in a small pot so it fits easily in my makeup bag whenever I travel but you get enough to last you a while. Highly recommend you try it out, especially if you can't find a shade for your skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by EyeshadowArtist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't order this from the site, when I go get a facial done the woman sells these to me for the same price that the website does. I guess she has immediate supply.

Since she matched me, I have a perfect matching shade, so that isn't a problem. However, I have oily skin, and apply a sunscreen under, but no primer. The sunscreen isn't oily, but doesn't help it stick. I also have rosacea (red cheeks, or discoloration, as some call it) What I figured is that I first put it on with a stipple brush from elf, and then I use a triangle sponge applicator on the super red spots that you can buy by the bagful for like two bucks. You have to be really careful when applying with the sponge, because it might end up looking super dark or cakey. But I like it, you have to play around a lot to figure out the best application look.

So this is my HG. I'm going off to college now, so I have to find a ne one (UGH) but basically, as an NC20, this is 602-65? It's a dream, especially since it cancels out my rosacea. What you have to do it apply it with a sponge or singers - not a brush, or it'll go on thin and you'll waste product. I learned that lesson. My only thing is that it is not cheap. One day when I have money I will buy this again maybe though hopefully I won't need foundation any more, by then. Anyway, that's the only reason I don't give it five stars, the cost. Because it costs 20 bucks to get a small pot, 30 bucks to get a large one, and I just don't have the moolah. oh well, time to go to covergirl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

For reference, I'm a C2 (light w/yellow undertones) and use 602-65 for a spot concealer.
I can't really comment on packaging, since I've only ordered a sample size of this from Camera Ready Cosmetics. The sample should last me quite awhile though, as I only use it for blemishes and only wear makeup once or twice a week. It does cover nicely, but you've got to learn how to make it work for you personally. I do wish it were a little drier and waterproof, as the creaminess of it makes it sometimes smudge off as I'm trying to blend. And you absolutely have to set it with some sort of powder, which can also be tricky to get on.
But, I like it and will most likely purchase the full size (which is very cheap in comparison to other concealers) when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sputnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a foundation but it was just too much for me. So, I used this (in shade 602-65) as a concealer to match my liquid foundation (Nars sheer matte in Deauville). For me, this was a good replacement for Mac studio finish in NC20, which broke me out. This one doesn't break me out, nor does it oxidize on me.
This is so much easier to use because it's softer and you need very little because the pigmentation is fantastic. It's really easy to apply and blend (I use The Body Shop's synthetic eyeshadow brush), the finish is like skin, and it stays put when done right.
This is a good concealer, it will last for ages. Definitely worth checking out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Scazza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after great reviews here. The colors are very nice but they completely burned my under-eye skin. Cannot use it as a concealer, but still useful for the red neutralizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hopefullytx

I just have to say that I LOVE this foundation. I ordered several pallettes and placed them right into my kit!! I love the fact how little you actually need to create a flawless finish. I used the good old wet sponge technique to smooth and blend out this foundation. I was very impressed on how smooth it makes the skin look on camera...my client was speechless when she saw the photos!! If you are an artist and want a great addition to your kit...grab them!!!