MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

on 10/4/2015 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Ruby Woo is my favourite lipstick!! It's a great classic red that would suit every skin tone!! It stays on all day and keeps its gorgeous colour. The product is very matte however i dont think it is drying at all. The smell of the lipstick is the same as all other MAC lipsticks which i personally love! Overall this lipstick is amazing and i will definitely be repurchasing when mines runs out!

Ruby Woo is my absolute fave colour out of all of my lipsticks.
It's a beautiful, rich, classic red that flatters my fair-medium complexion.

To prevent any dryness I make sure to exfoliate and moisturise my lips well, then to keep it in place I use Ruby Woo lip liner to fill in my lips and then glide the lipstick over the top and it doesn't affect the colour at all.

This really is a stunning, gorgeous colour and I think it would compliment most complexions but it definitely works really well for me.

I would definitely recommend it for anyone who is looking for an amazing red shade to add to their collection.

on 9/18/2015 8:48:00 PM

Yes this lipstick is really drying - mainly because it's so heavily pigmented. I have VERY dry lips already but I give them a good moisturise before hand and it's fine. I'd rather the lipstick be a bit dry than all that faffing with talc and loo roll to get a cheap lipstick to last all night.

This is, without question, the ultimate red lipstick.

I sometimes use this with a berry lip liner, well blended, for a contoured effect.

on 9/18/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have repurchased this lipstick twice but....😒 im not sure if ill repurchase. Yes, all the weehows about this particular lipstick but im not a totally fan. For one...i have to do alot of work before applying because its dry as h.e.l.l. i have to do a lipscrub before hand, then apply a lip balm. Wipe off excess lip balm (so the finish isnt altered). Then apply my mac prep and prime lip primer😒 (so many steps im getting tired of typing already....(any whooo lol).....after primer apply my vino or currant liner for a ombre affect. (im nc50 and wont be caught dead with the intensity of this ruby woo. I tried that before and heads where turning like the Exorcist) anywhooo.... After the liner i apply ruby woo in the center in blend by smacking my lips together. After one hour i can see the b&t&$ starting to crack and look dying drying(are u serious lol ) it can get messy to. Concealer with fix that. Or using a lip brush to apply. Now, ruby woo will start to look darker the longer its on your lips. Its 17 bucks a pop for most mac lipsticks. For me thats not that expensive but it might have been three years ago. Three years ago i'd opted for a crayola crayon before dishing out 17 for some lipstick. I love the sleek black standard mac lipstick bullet. Packaging is nice. ( tip...if you buy from macy or dillards save the box with store sticker in case you lose your reciept for exchanges or returns. ) looking for a darker matte red for my skin tone. I want that selena brick red. So i can stand in the mirror with my bra on pretending i can sing like selena. All and all ruby woo is OKAY. Nothing for me to cry over and start holy grailing about.

on 8/29/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I usually just use whatever GWP glosses that are lying around, but for my wedding day l purchased this. I felt nervous trying it on as it looks such a strong colour in the bullet. I did a gentle swipe and wow! 'I reckon it has magic properties' l thought... and still do! It somehow brightens up your face and makes you look and therefore feel more confident. It's flattering to my less than white teeth too. I'm NC20 and l love how you can apply it in different intensities to get a different type of finish. A thin layer of lip balm is needed underneath or it won't spread properly, and a lip brush as any inaccuracies in application will stand out. Excellent staying power. The only thing l don't like is the cheap sugary smell. It's at odds with such a classy product.

on 8/29/2015 4:38:00 AM

YES! This is the most amazing lipstick ever and I cannot be without it! Yes, it is a matte and therefore will be drying but please, please give it a go with Mac Prep and Prime for Lips and you will not regret it.
I've never gotten so many compliments as I do when I wear this lipstick and you can change the intensity and darkness by using different lip liners under it- my favourite is Brick by Mac or Redd by Mac. It's a cult lipstick for a very very good reason :)

on 8/26/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my first red lipstick. The saleslady at MAC talked me into it because I have always stayed away from anything bright on my lips because they are so full. I was amazed at how it just looked like it was made just for my lips lol. They have a violet color I'm working up the nerve to get now..

on 8/24/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I loved MAC's matte lipsticks back in the day when I first discovered MAC (circa 1992) and I wore them religiously.
Sadly, my lips could no longer tolerate matte formulas over time and I went on to other makeup lines.
Ruby Woo is my first Retro Matte lipstick and it doesn't disappoint.

It's a beautiful blue based red that doesn't turn pink on my lips (as most blue based reds do) and the formula is actually relatively comfortable. I say relatively because I still need to make sure my lips are well exfoliated and prepped with lip balm before applying this lipstick.

I love red lipsticks and I've collected enough of them in my makeup wearing years to say that Ruby Woo is a classic glamourous red that rivals my beloved Giorgio Armani #400.

Staying power is great and even after lunch, I still had some lipstick remaining. (albeit as a stain)

If you get just one red lipstick, I would highly recommend Ruby Woo.

on 8/23/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've always had trouble finding a lipstick to suit me. I'm very fair and cool-toned. My sister has the same skin tone as me and she had told me she purchased "Ruby Woo" after hearing that Taylor Swift wore it. I purchased it at one of my local MAC stores. It's absolutely perfect. It's a creamy matte blue-toned red. I think it would look beautiful on anyone.

on 8/19/2015 4:02:00 AM