MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

wow, the best lipstick i've tried so far! From shade to staying power this is the BEST! I do use it with the Prep and Prime for lips AND the lipliner in Ruby Woo. It stays put for hours and hours, even after meals and drinks. I adore it!!

on 7/28/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Beautiful Classic Red

on 7/21/2015 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't enjoy this lipstick. It is a retro matte, so it is quite drying on the lips and application is made difficult due to the fact that it is extremely dry and chalky. It emphasises dryness and flakiness on the lips. However, the colour itself is nice and it has good staying power - you can eat and drink without it smudging - which is definitely a bonus. However, for the price I believe that you can buy a much better matte red lipstick.

on 7/21/2015 4:10:00 AM

Nice colour.it is like those high end red colour u expect(matte,elegant and neat).however,it does not last.PLUS IT IS SO PRICEY......

on 7/13/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have purchased other stuff from MAC before but I never got any of their lip products. This is my first lipstick from MAC. I saw one of my friend wearing this to her wedding, her makeup was minimal but this beautiful shade of true red gave her that extra 'oomph' effect. I had to get this after that and Oh.My.God this is just about the most beautiful lipstick I have in my collection and I have a LOT! It's the kind of red that makes your entire face glow and doesn't make your teeth look yellow.
Most mornings when I am not in the mood to get all glamed up I just apply some mascara, highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes and Ruby Woo. This routine gives me a much more brighter and healthy look and the illusion that I got a lot of rest and didn't spend my entire night watching friends on netflix.
Yes I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this.

on 7/7/2015 5:56:00 PM

Love this lipstick! Mac Ruby Woo is an amazing, very wearable red. It is a blue toned shade that stays red and doesn't turn a pinky shade like some other reds. It is matte and does have a waxy texture that can make it harder to apply compared to other lipsticks. However, the colour payoff is fantastic and you just have to make sure your lips are conditioned for the best application. I slick on a little lip balm and simply apply straight from the tube or using a lip brush. As it is so matte, you get a lot of mileage from this lipstick and it lasts for hours with minimal need to touch up. The colour is a classic pin-up red that will suit most skin tones and really brightens the face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Why is this lipstick getting rave reviews? I decided to purchase this on a whim, I'm usually more of a snob girl. Meaning that's all I ever buy, lol. Formula is absolutely awful! it literally drags across your lips like a crappy crayon. Pulls on your lips as well. And then the best part happens about thirty minutes after you put it on, it literally starts caking off. like chunks of this lipstick come off like particles! Way way way too dry for me! I love the color though, and I love the matte lipstick line by MAC but ugh this was way too drying for me. Maybe next time, mac :(

on 6/30/2015 6:08:00 AM

This is my first MAC lipstick and I absolutely love it! It lasts for hours and does not smudge. It's the kind of Red that's sexy and classy and oh, so feminine. It suits almost every skin tone and that's the best part about it.

on 6/27/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I was in a sephora class a few weeks ago and the question the teacher asked to everyone was "if you were stranded on an island what one beauty product would you have to have?" Everyone else said foundations eyebrow pencils but I...yes...I stood up proudly and said Ruby Woo Lipstick. My eyebrows could be fluffy my face could be broken out and my under eyes could look like pillows but if I have on this lipstick I'm unstoppable.

It's a beautiful blue toned red. (when I say blue I mean for real blue) try pairing this lipstick with a blue dress or shoes even a clutch and you will notice how nice the colors mesh together. It's super drying and it definitely tugs at your lips when applying but that's a small price to pay for such a bold statement. Ruby woo has been my go to red for a couple of years now and it never fails. I am a true NW45-50 AA women and this colors looks good on me and my Anglo Saxon friends. I know you've probably looked at the other reviews and have most likely made up your mind to buy this product and I'm here just to tell you congratulations and go be fierce with it!

on 6/22/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this and I only got it because I loved Dragon Girl by Nars. They are so similar. I knew all the buzz about this and finally decided I needed it. True story, I was in a store and the clerk said she loved my lip colour and asked what it was. I said it was that famous one. She immediately guessed Ruby Woo by MAC. Man, I didn't even think I looked that great. Clearly the lipstick has a power all its own.

If I need to reiterate what's been said, it's universally flattering. It's true matte. It's not a screaming red that tries too hard. It's strangely haunting yet subdued. It's like nothing else - except my wonderful Nars Dragon Girl pencil.

I alternate them with the nude/mauve look only for the pleasure of working with the products creatively. I love to change my look daily to rotate my cosmetics and give them all a chance. But my main affection right now is with Ruby Woo! I didn't buy the matching pencil but I am very tempted and will probably do it!

MAC lipsticks are $21 here; most high end brands at Sephora are $31 up to $40. Drug store brands are $2.49 to $14 or so. Thus I don't see the MACS as being too pricey for their uniqueness and quality (heavenly signature scent, wonderful case, and the promise of a free lipstick when you return 6 empties).

Popular Lipsticks