March 1, 2015 | 1706 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2015 5:15:00 AM More reviews by AnnaThunderroad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Up until I found this product, I was a mascara hater. Gotta admit, I didn't really look around much, since I haven't worn any in years. But I was willing to give this one a try because I love Clinique products. I absolutely hate that clumpy messy spidery smudgy look that some mascaras give you. This is the first time I have bought mascara that isn't from a drugstore brand, and boy, can you tell the difference. This is exactly what I was looking for. It looks super natural yet still dramatic enough for my taste. When I first heard of this, I was worried that one would barely see any effect since so many people talk about how natural it looks. But it's great! It doesn't give a whole lot of volume but makes your eyelashes instantly and visibly longer. A lot of times mascara would give me this "dirty" look that I hate so much that I haven't worn any in years. I love a really clean and fresh look and this is totally in line with that. Also, my eyes tend to swell up and/or the skin around my eyes would get itchy with some mascaras out there, but this really is suited for people with sensitivities/allergies. I also highly appreciate that it doesn't reek like other mascaras, doesn't smell like anything at all actually. I recommend this for a sophisticated, elegant and pure look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2015 9:19:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wish they have a waterproof version

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2015 9:05:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this mascara after wanting a change of mascara, I used to use a simple cheap drugstore mascara, but I got fed up of it. I tried some benefit ones but they were cutting it for me so I found myself here.

Packaging/Wand- I like the dark green packaging of the mascara, very simple with a nice silver lid and clear writing so yo know what it is. The wand is a bristle wand. The size of the bristle is medium I would say, its not too thick and its not too thin, making it easy to apply. The brush also gets thinner at the end making it easy to apply to the bottom lashes and inner corners.

Formula- The formula of this mascara, is of normal consistency for a mascara, not runny but not tar like. Available in 2 colours, black or brown.

Wear- When I apply this it makes my lashes, longer and thicker, but for me doesn't curl. The colour of the black is a good deep black though some people have mentioned that it looks grey or faded sometimes, which I haven't discovered. With every new mascara I have to wipe some off the wand back into the tube which is what I had to with this one as there was just too much on the wand. The formula doesn't clump (after i removed some from the wand) and did well separating my lashes. I find this easy to apply on my bottom lashes too, and generally does the same with my bottom lashes as it does with the top. The formula for me didn't flake after a full day at work and well into the night. It also didn't irritate my eyes like some mascara's both high end and low end have done in the past.

Price- 17.50 which I think is very good!

Overall- I will be purchasing the mascara again when it runs out. I know use this for my bottle lashes, as I found my HG mascara which is the YSL Luxurious Mascara. Which is 25 (ouch I know) I want to see how long the tubes lasts, if lasts a good amount of time I will carry on using that if not I will purchase this again and use it as my everyday mascara for both bottom and top lashes, but at the minute I am using this for my bottom lashes as the YSL is amazing!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2015 6:56:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara runs like crazy! Also, not sure why, but my eyelashes started falling out at an alarming rate when I used it. I tried it for a few weeks but had to toss it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2015 7:45:00 PM More reviews by icceti

I received this twice as a gift when buying Difference Gel. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I have super oily skin, and I got raccoon eyes by a few hours later... :[

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 7:11:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Boo! I wouldn't gift this to my worst enemy. Ok, I exaggerate - but I am trying to get a point across here. That point being this is a pretty cr@ppy product.

First off, the shade off black is one of the lightest shades of black I have ever encountered- its very... um, I dunno, dull? A little hard to explain but that turned me off right away. Secondly, what do they mean by "High Impact"? I got absolutely no lengthening or volume out of this product. There was absolutely nothing impressive abt this product, even when I curled my lashes about 35 times. Lame!

I am soooo glad I got the sample version of this. I really am a Clinique fan so at some point in my lifetime as an over spender I am sure I would have paid the $17 to try the full size and I woulda been mad as heck. There are so many drug store brand mascaras that knock this out of the box. Do yourself a solid and stay away from this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara from Clinique, because the naturally glossy is not available in the Netherlands anymore, bummer.
It is a nice smudge free mascara that comes of easily. It doesn't make impressive lashes, but that is also not what I want. Before it was finished it became a bit thick and didn't seperate my lashed very well anymore, but that happens with a lot of mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 11:03:00 PM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was prepared to dislike this since other Clinique mascaras I've tried have been unremarkable, but I was pleasantly surprised! Goes on really smoothly, and builds a lot of volume without getting clumpy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like the pigment of this mascara and the wand was okay too. I have to really layer this product to get more lengthening and volume, but it is doable with about three coats. I would not repurchase this product, but I do not mind having it in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Geekwmakeup

This is my HG!!! The price is so amazing for the quality. I suddenly couldn't wear drugstore mascara one day (without raccoon eyes, waterproof versions or not) and had to bid farewell to my former cheaper HG loreal voluminous, which is super amazing if you can wear without raccoon effect.

I was worried that I'd have to spend $$$$$ to fix this problem, but this is certainly not bad at all price wise compared to other non raccoon mascaras. Also it's build able from conservative to super thick. Thank you for saving me clinique!!