Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

I love Lip Smacker! I use it sometimes as a base under lipstick, by itself, or over matte lipstick to get that glossy look. I have so many favourite flavours, it would be hard for me to list them all. When I started using lip smackers, my lips were peeling, chapped, dry, cracked and bleeding. And (seriously) after one day of heavy use of my lip smackers, my lips were COMPLETELY HEALED! SOFT AND SILKY! This stuff is better than ANY lip balm I've ever used! And of course, the wonderful scents and flavours are a HUGE bonus! As a kid I collected them all, as an adult... Well, I still do! Thanks for reading my review.

on 2/19/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Lipsmackers strike a good balance between oily and waxy so they go on smoothly and stay on for a decent amount of time. I'm not crazy about the flavoring since I feel like it encourages me to lick my lips, therefore chapping them and necessitating more balm. However, now that I'm older licking my lips is not a problem for me and I can appreciate that Lipsmackers are a solid well-priced product that does the job. Even though the scent is a big draw, it usually isn't too overwhelming that other people at a casual conversation distance will be distracted or comment which I appreciate.

Overall, a fun and good value product that works. I do prefer lanolin for more heavy duty moisturizing or unscented balms for daily use, but I can always appreciate a Lipsmacker.

on 2/17/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using these since I was 4 and started getting them in my Easter baskets and Christmas stocking. I keep about 10-15 assorted flavors in my nightstand as they keep my lips moisturized through the night. Favorite flavors are watermelon, bubblegum, dr Pepper, hazelnut chocolate, kettle corn, blueberry pancakes, and coconut cake. I will probably use these forever. Can't beat the price!

on 2/14/2015 4:37:00 PM

Best balm ever for my lips. Hands down. I've tried Carmex, Nivea, Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, Vaseline, Maybelline, Weleda, Alba Botanica, Nuxe, Go Smile, Kiehl's, Jack Black, and just about every lip product you can find at Whole Foods, and I always come running back to this. It makes my lips feel soft, smooth, and pillowy, and does not cause clogged pores around the lip line like I've experienced with many other products. Cheap and fairly easy to find in the states, and I spotted them at Accessorize in the UK. I especially love the root beer, thin mint, and bubblegum flavors.

on 1/18/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Has always been a nice little lip balm.
Plenty of flavors and scents to choose from. There should be something for everyone.
I can't imagine growing up and never trying this.
I have since passed on to my little sister and daughter as well.

on 12/31/2014 12:37:00 PM

I just turned 17 and even though I wasn't even alive in the 70/80's I still remember these from my childhood! My mum would always carry around a few, mainly the strawberry and watermelon ones and I remember slathering them all over my lips. I eventually stopped paying attention to them and even though mum would bring them out to give to my sister and me to put on before school to stop our lips from drying out during the day and it lasted from about 8:30am to maybe after lunch at 1:30pm and after that my lips would feel dry. They're cheap, although about $4 here in Australia for an individual one. I've recently gotten really into lip balms and even some more expensive ones dont seem to do the same job. Even Burt's Bees in pomegranate doesnt make my lips feep super smooth but lipsmackers do. Some people who get irritation might be allergic to (I think) the lanolin in some or all of them?

on 11/9/2014 9:16:00 PM

I just bought the "favorite flavors" 4 pack at target. It had vanilla, strawberry, watermelon and Dr. Pepper. I have used these lip balms since I was a little girl and I'm 32 now. They're amazing. They seriously are better than a lot of expensive lip balms as other viewers have said . I will always use these until they stop making them !!!!

on 4/26/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Cute, delicious and effective lip balm. They come in an almost overwhelming variety of sizes, flavours/scents and colors. Lip smackers are great for a touch of color and a healthy lips look. They even sparkle sometimes :D I just wouldn't say they are the solution to people who have seriously dry/chapped/bleeding lips.

Super fun and always coming out with something new, Lip smackers are a right of passage for every lip balm initiate (if that's even a thing I mean come on it's lip balm not rocket science). Go find your favorite!

i love lip smackers!

on 11/15/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Back in the 70s/80s these rocked the world And there's a reason for that. They were fun, they tasted great, they lasted a long time, they came in every flavor under the sun. Recently I've picked up several of these, out of nostalgia - some from the drug store, some "big sticks" from That Big Auction Site - and they still rock. The formula back in the day was more waxy, which I prefer to the current version with much more "slip," but they still moisturize well, taste great, and are fun. The price isn't that great, but then this isn't the 70s/80s, so I take that into account. Lotsa fun and good lip treatment. Really glad to see they have survived through the years. Love 'em!

Recommended for Medium Skin