April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Compact Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by hufs

I just love this powder foundation.
I use 010 ivory. Very good coverage but natural look.
See attached photo. I have a lot of acne scars and it seems to cover it pretty well.
I am very picky when it comes to foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Joya83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have acne prone skin and tend to break out easily, this is the best foundation on the market! I have tried TONS of foundations and they either did not give me enough coverage or made me break out. This foundation gives you great, buildable coverage and does NOT clog your pores. I have not had 1 single pimple since using it! And I usually get pimples from EVERYTHING!! Also, it makes your skin very smooth and the extra SPF is a plus. To me, it's worth every penny and I won't ever switch back to the cheaper brands. You get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is truly one of the best powder foundations out there ........ I have a tendancy to break out here and there and for nice medium coverage, this works fabulous, however, I absolutely hate the color selections (which I am taking away one point) ....... I purchased the lightest, Ivory 010, and it is too dark ....... I just finished a review on BB's new Illuminating Powder Foundation as while Dior is far more superior and excellent, unfortunately, BB's Alabaster works better for my NW skintone ..... it is a shame that a powder compact cannont be produced with the excellent coverage of Dior's Diorskin powder with the coloring of BB's Alabaster.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by luxylexi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. It just melts into my skin and looks totally natural. It's not great with oil control but i swipe on a loose powder over it that controls oil and my skin looks airbrushed. The packaging is very sturdy and pretty, the pan of makeup never cracks or breaks. It usually lasts me about five months. This has no talc with is great, and no comedogeneic ingredients, though the sunscreen in it could break you out. But i always breakout from sunscreen and this hasn't given me any problems.

Ok here's a little tip from a makeup pro: Wet the sponge, squeeze out all excess water and blot with a towel, then apply makeup by stippling NOT swiping. When you're finished, clean the sponge with soap and water, again get out as much moisture as possible, then spritz with rubbing alcohol. This will ensure a fabulous makeup application and keep your sponge clean and free from bacteria.

If you're prone to breakouts from makeup try this: Pat on Mario Badescu's Special Healing powder on FIRST, then dab you're powder foundation over that. It's done wonders for my clients, the powder helps heal current breakouts, plus it gives you a soft, smooth canvas to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by azonayouzi

This product is with very tender texture and the color covers well;only the package is with poor quality: the powder box soon detached from the base box after several weeks of my purchase.I could not believe Dior pressed powder has such low quality package.maybe I should have gone to their counter for an exchange?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is by far the best one out there. I know it's a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny. The powder is super fine and goes on smoothly. It doesn't look cakey and covers imperfections. It just makes me look like I have perfect skin. Before I found out about this product, I used Mac's studiofix. And I made a mistake of buying mac again after I finished Dior. Well, I ended up stashing the Mac powder away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this powder foundation better when it was more simply packaged in a little oblong oval-shaped thing, very nice to slip into your purse. This newer, more complicated compact takes an hour to open, although I suppose the separate compartment for the sponge is more hygenic, which might be a plus for some people. I've been happy for a while using only Clinique's mineral anti-redness powder over sunblock on my pale, yellow-toned skin. However, I'm due to give birth in 7 weeks and I want a compact to take to the hospital and to use for traveling this summer (it's impossible to travel with loose powder or mineral foundations imo). The main reason I chose this is because of the color choices. Most powder foundations are too pink or peach for me. "Cameo" is a perfect match for my skin. Also, this stuff is very fine-milled and glides on smoothly. It never looks powder-y and the coverage is suitably light. It just does what I want it to do -- evens out my skintone a bit and provides spf protection during the day. However, I wish it were less pricey.

Edit: I ended up returning this as I felt it really did feel a tad heavier on my skin at the end of a day than I would prefer, and I felt for the money I could do better. I really did prefer the old formulation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by M3

This powder is nice initially but I'm not convinced it's worth the price. I l do notice that it seems a little cakey around the eye area. I see little sparkles in the powder in the pan. This doesn't keep my T-Zone matte for too long it seems to oxidize quickly so I've been carrying some Revlon Colorstay powder in my purse to touch up the oil throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 5:49:00 AM More reviews by amylaic

Small in size, and wonderfully portable, this powder foundation glides on beautifully, and blends like a dream. The coverage is perfect, and makes me look like I have perfect skin! The only con is it does cake a bit after a long day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Just what i need when im in rush.Provides good coverage and it absorbs oil and doesnt make my face look oily for a long period. And it's long lasting too. However, it does magnify my pores a little when i apply it a little too much. Usually i apply it with a sponge for coverage and i use a powder brush to brush off the excess and all i have is natural looking face.