Jason Natural Cosmetics Jason Super-C Cleanser

4.2

Not tested on animals

Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Vegetable Glycerin, Ester-C Calcium Ascorbate, Ester-C Sorbitol and Glycerine and Calcium Ascorbate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel, Ascorbic Acid, Di-Steareth-75 Ipdi, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Extract, Fragrance Oil Blend

on 9/19/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this product and follow up with Hayers Witch Hazel and Rosewater - I have very sensitive skin with acne around the jaw line and ears. It cleared my problem up in a matter of days. My skin looks more vibrant and healthy. And it feels healthy.

on 2/19/2012 12:34:00 AM

This is a great, gentle cleanser with vitamin C. It is however very runny and doens't foam much so you need more than you think. Then again, its $6 a bottle so I would definitely give this a go if you are looking to introduce vit C into your regime. Doesn't remove make up but apart from that, its pretty good. I struggle to believe that vit c deposited from a cleanser can make a difference but some is better than none and given its all natural, you cant go wrong. Mild non-offensive fragrance.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Love this. Was in search of something to replace my beloved Rachel Perry "Tangerine Dream" wash (discontinued) and this is a pretty close find. Scent is definitely a faux orange style, smells like orange candy. Might be offputting to some, I really like it though. Tall, slim bottle which I like, with a flip cap. Found it on ebay for $6, so I can't comment on the full retail price (I'm not even sure what it is, TBH). At this point, I'd buy it again.

on 4/25/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Good cleanser. I feel like it removes excess oils and the daily grime without overstripping the skin. The smell is a bit cloying-citrus. If you are very sensitive, probably best to steer clear of these Vitamin C products, but if you're not, you may be rewarded with glowy skin. I'd give this a 4, if not for the eerily similar Trader Joe's Spa Gentle Facial Cleanser--exact same scent, consistency, color and results for less than half the price.

on 3/26/2011 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think this is a terrible cleanser, but it didn't work for me.

I'd read the great reviews on here and had good luck with another Jason product (which I'd probably still be using if it didn't burn my eyes like crazy) so I was excited to try this one out. I even got a foaming dispenser to put it in because I'd read about it being very thin in consistency. It actually felt nice on my face. It was smooth and silky feeling and the smell was okay. Straight out of the bottle it reminds me of those cheap vitamin c drops, but after awhile the scent mellows out and it's more a basic orange. It didn't seem to dry my skin out either. Unfortunately it did leave it all red and splotchy. It didn't burn or itch like I've experienced with other products, but it looked absolutely terrible. A quick yogurt mask was able to take away most of the redness. I won't be using the cleanser again.

on 2/11/2010 5:43:00 PM

I actually quite like this cleanser. I ordered it online based on the ingredients and I am glad I did. At first I was a bit put off by how runny it was and the fake plastic-y orange smell. It smells like dish washing detergent to me but it's actually a very gentle face cleanser. It lathers pretty well and it's not drying at all. I don't use this everyday but when I do my skin is soft and clean.

on 2/9/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this for a few years. I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin, and this is great for cleansing without stripping. (My husband, with oilier skin, also uses this with good results.) The cleanser takes most of my makeup off, although there are still traces of concealer and eye makeup which I remove with toner.

I also love the orange smell! So happy they switched the packaging a couple years ago from the leaky pump to a spout.

on 1/24/2010 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never judge a book by it's cover. While this may look harsh and stripping it's not. I have norm/dry & semi-sensitive skin. This gets my dry face clean without drying it out and gets the make-up off. ALL the make-up - even my mascara without leaving me with racoon eyes when I am done. My skin really looks radiant, soft & glowing after use. I use it all year round which shows how effective yet gentle it is.
While I may stray and try new things, I seem to always come back to this. Can be found at Whole Foods for less than $10.

on 1/7/2010 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Edit: 12-1-10 (Love this product but just found Perfect Dupe at Trader Joe's -- the Spa Facial Cleanser for half the price--seriously)
I really like this product. I have repurchased it many times. My skin is notoriously finicky with cleansers but this one is gentle and doesn't leave my skin dry. It gives me a clean feel but not sqeeky clean. I used to use Jan Marini's Cesta cleansing gel which is nice but I wanted to try something different and so I stumbled upon this. Jason Super-C is a very mild liquid cleanser with a light orange scent. I use it to remove my Fancl cleansing oil (which really just rinses off but psychologically I still need to feel that I have removed all the "oil"). I use this cleanser morning and night. My skin care routine involves nightly application of Retin-A and other acids and this cleanser seems to work just fine with my routine. I am also prone to breakouts but this one doesn't make me break out or irritate my skin. I recommend giving this a try.

on 10/24/2009 9:21:00 PM

I've used Aubrey Organic cleansers for years and would sometimes try other organic brands at times..but I have never had a really negative experience until now. I used to be combination oily (t-zone) and now that I've gotten older..I've become combination dry (in the past 2-3 months..I think due to hormonal changes). My face was not incredibly dry until I began using this product,..within 1 week my skin became SOOO DEHYDRATED..you could see crows feet type of lines around my eyes! I could not believe what I was seeing..my cheeks and cheekbones..forehead were full of dry patches! Good grief! I could not believe what was happening..it freaked me out. This product seemed to add to my slightly dry combination skin and made it INCREDIBLY DRY COMBINATION. Well..I cannot use this anymore and have to wait until Monday to purchase my dependable Aubrey product to hopefully resolve the problem. I wanted to love this product :[

I somewhat feel bad because I hardly complain about products..some may break me out..I tend to get over it and just get something else and move on...some may dry me out and I'll get something else..and move on. THIS PRODUCT THOUGH..OMG..I can't get over how my skin reacted to this within a 7-10 day period. I'm just so disappointed at the state of my skin.