October 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner in Smashing Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Saandes2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this cream eyeliner in caviar and midnight brown. I'm just now running out of the midnight brown now about a year later (embarrassing not sure how long this eyeliner should be kept) but i have rebought the caviar after running out. both colors go on very smooth and I use the smashbox eyeliner brush. What I like about this cream eyeliner is i find it does not dry out in the jar and it does not make my brush cruddy. When i was using the MAC gel eyeliner no matter how I used it it would build up in my brush and I had to full on clean it every night, eventually ruining the brush. This liner also does not bother my sensitive eyes when I tightline my top lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by shadowlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff so much. If you hate it then send me yours. You have to know what your doing, have a great eyelid primer and patience. Best used with dark eye shadows over it. At first I thought I had wasted my money on it. But then poof... One night I got bored, sat down and took my time. Once I got the hang of it and realized you must put on a layer... let it absorb into skin a bit, add another layer and keep going until desired effect is reached. Also helpful to set each layer and not blinking eyes a whole bunch until it is set. Seems like a lot of work but it isn't once you realize what you can do with it. Total time 5 minutes for dark smokey eyes. Best used as a shadow not eyeliner. Tends to smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by hannahxbxo

I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. I find it stays in place perfectly after application, it doesn't transfer or smudge at all. Might it be due to a difference in product formula depending on where it's manufactured? I bought mine in Canada... I find it to be thick, rich, and very smooth to apply with zero tugging. I never have to wipe it off and try again. I apply it with a liner brush from QUO and it's great. I find it really easy to control the amount I put on, it could be a really thin line or a thicker one for more drama. I've played with liquid liners for quite a few years and I was getting tired of the look, it's quite harsh, and cream liners add drama while being a bit softer. Not sure what else I can say, this is the first time I've tried a cream liner and it's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Really shocked that this product isn't rated higher because it's been of HG status for me.

Bought over 12 years ago with the flat liner brush from QVC, this has to be one of the best value and most versatile make up products I have ever owned. I have tried others over the years including Bobbi Brown etc and always go back to this. At one point it did go a bit dry, this was inadvertently solved by my accidently leaving my make up bag in the sun on the window sill, product came back to life and still going strong.

I think the Caviar shade suits my blue eyes well because it is not as harsh and solid as some of the other back shades around. I do line the upper inside of my eyes with a Rimmel Kajal pencil prior to applying this as I have blonde eyelashes and hate that line of skin that's impossible to get to any other way. I love the way you can vary the application from a natural day-time look to a really dramatic night-time look.

Absolutely love it, love the packaging, would 100% buy again if it runs out in my lifetime

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well first of all, reading the reveiws of this product has reminded me that I have to get new eyeliner..haha. I wear this crap everyday and I don't know why except for that I keep forgetting stop at a cosmetics store to get something different. Now on to my reveiw:

The very first time I applied this eyeliner I loved it. Glided on smooth and even, a perfect fine line. I have a great super fine eyeliner brush that always makes fine lines so I didn't have a problem with heavy or clumpy lines that some people said they had. So anyway, I loved the product, the lines were perfect and the color and pigment were also great. But I agree with the reveiwers who said it's a smudging smearing nightmare. Within a few hours of having this on I have gray smudged circles under my eyes and it's impossible to wipe them away. The more I try to get rid of smudges the more they seem to smudge. If only the original line would stay put as well as the smears do.

I haven't had much experience with eyeliners as I have worn pencil liners only for my whole life. I have tried liquid and I didn't like the results of that at all. Too difficult to work with and too harsh looking. I need a new eyeliner that is similar to the sb cream liner for making great looking eyes but that will dry and stay put. Perhaps a gel liner?

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by LdyNRd

Ive been using this product for over 5 years now. I love the way it glides on and the color is deep black! However, I have found that lately it has started to clump on me! This product definitely smears but who goes smearing their eye makeup anyways! I probably won't buy this product again since I hate that it smudges and wears off on my water line! I need to find a product that stays.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by LadyRay713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

at first, i didnt like this product. the texture wasnt that great a little chalky.... not smooth enough for fine lines. but i decided to keep it in my car makeup case, well one warm spring day it pretty much melted, was very soft... so i mixed it up tossed it back in the bag and ever since then ive loved this product... i dont know what chemical reaction happened but it is perfect now the black is shiny and you can make the sharpest lines, it glides on with little force now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tinimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying the jetset gel liner and it's awesomeness I knew these would be AWESOME. lies! These don't dry! They're alot creamier and go on smoother than the jet set but you get that awesome line right above the crease like with cheap pencils. SUCH A LETDOWN. I have a few colors, too. image, a dark olive with gold shimmer, is gorgeous and I wish I could use it ): much better options out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, its creamy dreamy and sits well over my eyeshadows, and does not budge in heat. I did not have a problem with smudging, I guess because I put it over my wet eyeshadows, and after I applied the liner, I set it with MUFE mist and fix.

The reason why I like cream liners vs. liquid liners because liquid can create a harsh straight line as I can wear cream liners and its more subtle black which can be worn in the day time. This is a perfect example of a very black cream liner. I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by organicfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On the up side, this product is really easy to apply with the Smashbox cream eyeliner brush . However, this has got to be one of the worst eyeliners I have ever tried in regards to smudging! Literally 5 seconds after you apply, your eyes will look like a raccoon. That being said. Im sure this product would be great if you were wanting to do a smokey eye. Wont be repurchasing, OR using :(