NARS Lovejoy

4.4

I debated getting this. I thought, do I really need another blush..? But I am so glad that I did.

I ordered this online because I just got tired of waiting (I live over an hour away from Sephora). When I got it and first opened it, I knew I was going to love it!!! It reminded me a lot of my all-time fave blush, my holy-grail, Lancome Miel Glace..only a tinge more pigmented (which, as I am currently tan, I appreciate).

My skin in the last couple of years seems to literally "eat" blush, meaning, no sooner thna I apply it, it disappears and looks like nothing is there! I am not one to re-apply blush during the day. This lasts on me a good 6 to 8 hours before even beginning to wear off.

And this is a beautiful, natural, lit from within, glowing shade. I think you could wear this with many eye looks and many lip shades and I think many skin tones could wear this.

It does not turn funky colors during the day, either, and it is not a glitter bomb type blush, which I really appreciate. There is a very slight shimmer, but by no means the glitter disco ball look. The shimmer just provides a nice soft 'glow'....

It is also quite pigmented, so a light hand is best, and you can build up color as needed. Which I appreciate versus my Lancome Miel Glace, which I always had to layer pretty heavily, even when I was pale. Not to keep comparing the two, but to show that this is I think a better blush.,,

I am glad to have found a backup to my beloved Lancome Miel Glace. In fact, this may have taken it's spot as my holy grail blush, I love it that much....Lovejoy, perfect name in my opinion!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This blush is somewhere between a bronzer and a blush for me. It gives my tanned skin a bronzed/sun kissed look with a hint of being flushed . . . like I've been running in the hot summer sun lol. I doubt I will ever run out of this, as I only need a swipe or two whenever I use it. Will definitely put this to good use in the summer!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This blush is great because i can use this as a blush & slight contour with a light hand, looks beautiful on both me and my mother and we both have different skin tones/ hair color!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This was applied to me in Sephora by the MUA and I thought it was lovely. I couldn't buy it right then, as I was trying to exercise some self control. I just remembered how much I loved it and finally got it about a month ago. I've been wearing it every day since and I get lots of compliments. It's gorgeous on me and also is long lasting. If I ever run out, I will repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This Lovejoy blush was my first foray into NARS blushes after a decade-plus loyalty to Bobbi Brown. Took a lot of trawling through online swatches to decide which shade I wanted as I don't have access to NARS outlets in Dubai.

I've always worn Bobbi Brown's Tawny and/or Almond, so tend to look for dusky rose to brown hues in my blushes, which go over my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder to add some colour to definition. I wanted to stay along the same theme with my NARS pick.

The product looks like a burnished brown in the pan, with some reddened hues. I was quite perturbed by the sparkles as I wear my blush just under my cheekbones and shadows aren't supposed to sparkle! Fortunately, the glitter hasn't translated to wear so far.

The colour on my skin shows up as a blend between my two Bobbi Brown blush shades, so I was happy. The texture of the pressed powder is a lot looser than what I'm used to, so I picked up a shocking amount on my brush during my first use. On application, the powder is also chalkier than Bobbi Brown, but this makes it easier to blend as the powder doesn't immediately stick to my skin for good.

Durability is good, and I don't experience any fading (worn over non-foundation/primed oily skin) for 10+ hours.

I also bought Dolce Vita and can't wait to try it out.

I don't really use blush anymore. I used to always use light pinks, tbh. But when a pro mua introduced this beautiful bronzey red-pink to me, I had to try it! It's very pigmented and gives me an amazing glow. BUT APPLY THIS WITH A LIGHT HAND! This is a very pigmented product (all Nars blushes are.) And I would recommend anyone this blush!

By far my favourite blush! I am very fair, so I am always told to wear peachy or pink blushes, but I keep coming back to Lovejoy. It adds so much warmth to make face and helps contour my cheek bones. It is a bit on the pricier side, but it last forever and it's worth every penny.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was laying neglected and unloved in the inactive pile until I pulled it out the other day. This bronzy pink is perfect for getting a summer face without putting on bronzer. For my fair neutral complexion it reads as though I was really in the sun - but in a nice, country farm way. Very fresh faced and very young. I tap a little of the Matte Multiple in Laos on the apple and it makes it all look so natural but attractive at the same time. Finish off with Fresh lip balm in rose petal.

I have several Nars blushes, but this one has quickly become one of my most used. The color is gorgeous. My skin tone is fair with yellow undertones, brown eyes, dark blond hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had this blush for several years and I really enjoy the color. To me it is a sunsmooched (more than sunkissed, but not burnt) flushed color. I am fair (Mac matchmaster in 1.0 is best match) with blue green eyes and blonde hair. One reviewer said that this wouldn't look good on blondes, I disagree. This gives me the I spent a week in the tropics doing exciting, slightly dangerous things look. The glitter doesn't read obnoxious IMO. I find this blush to be beautiful on my cheeks and unique to my collection and to most available makeup lines, which is why I would repurchase. Is it my everyday blush? No, but it gets worn at least once a month. I can't say that about 80% of my blushes (current count is around 30, eek!!). I personally love the look, but it's not for everyone. Most people just want a "pink" blush, not a blush that reminds one of escapades on the beach. :)

Top Rated NARS Products