October 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tracalang

I needed a new to-go powder, and this caught my eyes while shopping. I like what the packaging has to say about the product, but using it was such a let down. The biggest problem I have is that it is difficult for me to get any product on my applicator ( I like using kabuki brushes). I had no problem picking up product on a kabuki brush with other pressed powders (Neutrogena). Even with the powder puff, I have to literally scrape off product to get any. This is a total no go with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder....just not so happy about the packaging as I find it difficult to get the product from the corner of the compact. For reference, I have C3/NC20-25, very oily, acne prone, sensitive, and slightly aging skin...I'm 36 :( I used MAC Studio Fix for years and years (big mistake!!!) and transitioned to Neutrogena pressed mineral powder for a short period of time per my dermatologist, but as my skin was not clearing up good enough for me I decided to give Almay foundation and powder a try. I don't use products with bismuth oxychloride because I don't want a "dewy" or semi-matte finish....I want a TOTALLY MATTE finish...and my skin cannot tolerate artificial fragrance or chemical sunscreens so finding makeup is a challenge...not to mention my Asian skin is hard to match. At first I bought the light/medium shade but surprisingly it was too dark!!! So I got the light shade and it was perfect! So I use Almay Clear Complexion foundation in #600 Sand along with the light pressed powder and they are a perfect match for me. Keeps me shine free for a few hours, not all day...I'm so oily I don't expect any face makeup to keep me shine free ALL day...and my face is not cakey and I have not experienced more acne outbreaks....however, I don't believe using this actually "healed" the occasional pimple I may get.

Everyone's skin is different which is why this powder probably got some bad reviews...but for me I love it!! On a sidenote...for touch-ups I blot the oil on my face BEFORE applying this powder. If you don't the product will end up getting hard.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I started to wear makeup, a friend recommend me this press powder.
I love it. It didn't clear my acne at all.
I would buy again be my powder preferences has advanced.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by theecorrina

So I bought this super cheap, on sale at London Drugs, it was only 7.99... Which is pretty good for an Almay product (even though, literally every single product I've used by Almay sucked so bad)... Dont even get me started on the Smart shade primer. Yikes. Disaster in a bottle. So the first time I tried this, I used the applicator it came with. In my house, it didn't look too bad... however, when i got to work and looked in the mirror I almost cried. I looked like Snooki or something, It was awful. I almost gave up, but decided to use my kabuki brush on it- and it was SO much better. You don;t really need a lot, it is a very dark color even though in the package it looks rather light, and perfect to my skin tone. So, I gave this product a 3 (even though the first day i used it I literally was ready to toss it)... As for the way it covers, it's wonderful for that. I couldn't see any imperfections on my face the second time around. So I suppose it depends on how much you use of it. I won't repurchase ever again, however... for 7 dollars, not bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought this powder in two shades: first in medium, and it was waaay too dark, then I bought it in light and was STILL too dark. I'm not a pale person by any means, and most of the time the light/medium or medium tone powders work perfect on me, but not this. I have very oily skin, and this powder gets even darker as soon as my skin starts to get a bit oily. This doesn't control my oily skin at all. And if you're looking for coverage, this powder doesn't provide any. With time the powder becomes hard to use and you basically have to "scrub" the product in order for it to get into your brush or puff. The only two things I like about this product is the packaging and the fact that it has salicylic acid in it, but other than that, I don't like it, which means that I wouldn't recommend and won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packageing is cute and comes with a little mirror and the powder match my skin tone it didn't chalk up or make me flaky. I don't like that it was chalky and the lasting power was not very good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I wanted to like this powder so bad! I have been running out of my setting powder/blot powder so I decided to get this powder on a whim because it advertised as a powder for oily and acne prone skin. For over $10 this powder is horrible. It is hard as rock and my brush cannot pick up any product. Even when applied, it oxidized into an orange color and did not keep my oil down at all.

Pros:
Good ingredients, no parabens, paraffins, and etc
Good intentions with the acne clearing medicine and oil-free... etc

Cons:
Oxidizes within hours
Does not have any oil control
Hard to apply...
Expensive for a drugstore brand

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by becca108

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would definitely buy this product again. in fact, I need some NOW because It's litterally all used up. this powder does a great job of setting foundation, helping to create a flawless look. the only problem I have with it, is applying it with the little cotton pad that comes with it because it tends not to spread it around your face evenly. I would suggest using a kabuki brush with this product to create an even coverage. It is GREAT for sensitive skin and doesnt create any breakouts which I LOVE. The price...i'm not crazy about. I can usually find it for around $10 which isnt too bad but it's still on the higher side. I would definitely reccomend this to anybody who is looking for a lightweight coverage and has sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by MMarieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of pressed powder to try to control my oily skin, I've been let down by quite a few. Almay is my favorite face makeup brand. I have their foundation and blush, absolutely adore them! I picked this up a few weeks ago and have been using it along with my Clear Complexion foundation. I get a really pretty complexion and a few strong hours of oil control. Summer will be the real test with this powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

I really like this powder! I don't understand all of the negative reviews it has gotten. But to each their own.
I like the packaging it is i think fun and different to have a white compact in my make up case, not like your basic boring black.
I use the sponge it comes with only for touch ups on the go, otherwise i use a powder brush. It blends into the skin really nicely, and the color "100 light/pale" is perfect for my skin, it doesnt turn orange throughout the day.
I have acne prone combination skin, and with other powders i have tried i look greasy mid-day, but with this, i don't know how the powder does it but mid-day i look more "dewy" rather than greasy and i love that.
It has blemish-clear technology so the package says and i have had no problems with it breaking me out.
I like that it doesn't have too much coverage, to me full coverage and powder together spell "cake!" lol
My only con is that the powder is a little hard to pick up.
I will purchase this again when i run out, and it will be replacing my Rimmel Stay matte which i've been using since my teens.