February 1, 2015 | 1257 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I searched for years for the perfect bronzer and finally found this one. I've been using it for about 2 months and I will continue buying it.
It's name is a bit deceiving, and I think that's why I didn't buy it before ... It's called "sun shimmer" and I don't like shimmery bronzers. But upon closer inspection, it didn't have any shimmer whatsoever! Perfect. Matte bronzers are far more natural looking.
It hasn't been clogging my pores as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten any more acne than I usually would.

It has an easy, even application. I use a very large powder brush and contour the places the sun would naturally hit on my face and neck. It blends well with my lightly tanned skin. ( I bought 002 "Sun Love"). It doesn't wipe off or transfer onto clothing. It leaves a smooth finish on my skin.

It was only $7.99 and you get a lot for your money's worth.

Love it. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by NorCalBabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years now and really like it! I'm a fair skinned gal, and this blends in nicely with my skin tone. I also love how smooth and non streaky it is.
LOVE the price the most! :)

P.s. Watch Goss Makeup artist on YouTube, he has some excellent tutorials about bronzers and how to apply them for EVERYONE'S skin! Love him.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The name of this product misleading - the product I bought definitely had no shimmer to it. I have it in light. It's perfect for contouring as well as giving a bit if colour. The compact closes tightly so you don't need to worry about it opening in your purse. The colour is quite light but very buildable. A great bargain for around $10AUD.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

I have this in light matte, and its great for giving a natural tan (not to be used as a contour) Not very pigmented but I like this as you can build it up to look natural. The packaging is average looking but what i like is that it need a firm pushing to close so its not going to be opening in your bag. My only downside to this is its staying power. What I like to do to help it stay in place is after I apply foundation use it before it dries so the bronzer has something to stick to. I use it on the high points of my face ( where you would tan) and then set the rest of my face with regular pressed powder before using a setting spray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I kind of freaked when I first got this it was very shimmery and bricky (I got the shade 01 sunlight) but I was amazed how great this looks on my super pale skin. You can easily fix the shimmer issue by dusting off the golden overspray (it's only on the surface) with a large fluffy brush and voila you have an almost matte (but with a nice sheen) bronzer. Not orange and not red or dark brown - doesnt make my face look dirty which is a first for a bronzer. Definitely workable with a light hand. Unfortunately this has made me break out in hives so off to a new home it goes. May be a great bronzer for those who are not allergic to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Only ever owned this product so i have nothing to compare it to-but dont have any complaints about it either
I have it in the colour 'medium shimmer' although it really isnt very shimmery at all but i dont mind that. Use it to contour pretty much everyday and it does a really good job
Can't complain when it only costs a few pounds and lasts for ages

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reliable bargain

For the price of this product you really can't complain. Good colour, natural one too. Lasts well, I don't use religiously but it's good to have knocking around, and again for about Ł5 why wouldn't you! Sometimes doesn't blend so well over the eye sockets but that's the only con.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tracy021

I am so pale that I HAVE to wear a bronzer, no exceptions and I have tried a bunch (shudders at the memories of looking like a clown). This is my latest one and I've been using it for about 3 months. It doesn't look muddy or orange or shimmery, but I still don't feel like it's the best it can do either. I would buy again if there was nothing else that looked good to try, but otherwise the search continues. :(
Oh I forgot to mention I bought the 022 sun bronze.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice bronzer. Quite pigmented. I have the Sun Goddess one (lighter, 3 shades) and two of them are very shimmery, great for highlighting.

Contains parabens, linked to breast cancer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I'm really pleased with this. No problems what so ever, I personally buy it in the 'light' shade, because it's completley build able, which means I can have a few layers on my cheek bones (I use this instead of blusher as i find this is a more natural finish), then I use a few less layers across my chin and fore head. I'm really pleased with this, and I'm now on my second pot of it, pot? Is it a pot? Haha!
10/10 (: