August 22, 2014 | 1076 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I searched for years for the perfect bronzer and finally found this one. I've been using it for about 2 months and I will continue buying it.
It's name is a bit deceiving, and I think that's why I didn't buy it before ... It's called "sun shimmer" and I don't like shimmery bronzers. But upon closer inspection, it didn't have any shimmer whatsoever! Perfect. Matte bronzers are far more natural looking.
It hasn't been clogging my pores as far as I can tell. I haven't gotten any more acne than I usually would.

It has an easy, even application. I use a very large powder brush and contour the places the sun would naturally hit on my face and neck. It blends well with my lightly tanned skin. ( I bought 002 "Sun Love"). It doesn't wipe off or transfer onto clothing. It leaves a smooth finish on my skin.

It was only $7.99 and you get a lot for your money's worth.

Love it. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by NorCalBabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few years now and really like it! I'm a fair skinned gal, and this blends in nicely with my skin tone. I also love how smooth and non streaky it is.
LOVE the price the most! :)

P.s. Watch Goss Makeup artist on YouTube, he has some excellent tutorials about bronzers and how to apply them for EVERYONE'S skin! Love him.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The name of this product misleading - the product I bought definitely had no shimmer to it. I have it in light. It's perfect for contouring as well as giving a bit if colour. The compact closes tightly so you don't need to worry about it opening in your purse. The colour is quite light but very buildable. A great bargain for around $10AUD.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

I have this in light matte, and its great for giving a natural tan (not to be used as a contour) Not very pigmented but I like this as you can build it up to look natural. The packaging is average looking but what i like is that it need a firm pushing to close so its not going to be opening in your bag. My only downside to this is its staying power. What I like to do to help it stay in place is after I apply foundation use it before it dries so the bronzer has something to stick to. I use it on the high points of my face ( where you would tan) and then set the rest of my face with regular pressed powder before using a setting spray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I kind of freaked when I first got this it was very shimmery and bricky (I got the shade 01 sunlight) but I was amazed how great this looks on my super pale skin. You can easily fix the shimmer issue by dusting off the golden overspray (it's only on the surface) with a large fluffy brush and voila you have an almost matte (but with a nice sheen) bronzer. Not orange and not red or dark brown - doesnt make my face look dirty which is a first for a bronzer. Definitely workable with a light hand. Unfortunately this has made me break out in hives so off to a new home it goes. May be a great bronzer for those who are not allergic to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Only ever owned this product so i have nothing to compare it to-but dont have any complaints about it either
I have it in the colour 'medium shimmer' although it really isnt very shimmery at all but i dont mind that. Use it to contour pretty much everyday and it does a really good job
Can't complain when it only costs a few pounds and lasts for ages

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reliable bargain

For the price of this product you really can't complain. Good colour, natural one too. Lasts well, I don't use religiously but it's good to have knocking around, and again for about £5 why wouldn't you! Sometimes doesn't blend so well over the eye sockets but that's the only con.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by tracy021

I am so pale that I HAVE to wear a bronzer, no exceptions and I have tried a bunch (shudders at the memories of looking like a clown). This is my latest one and I've been using it for about 3 months. It doesn't look muddy or orange or shimmery, but I still don't feel like it's the best it can do either. I would buy again if there was nothing else that looked good to try, but otherwise the search continues. :(
Oh I forgot to mention I bought the 022 sun bronze.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice bronzer. Quite pigmented. I have the Sun Goddess one (lighter, 3 shades) and two of them are very shimmery, great for highlighting.

Contains parabens, linked to breast cancer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I'm really pleased with this. No problems what so ever, I personally buy it in the 'light' shade, because it's completley build able, which means I can have a few layers on my cheek bones (I use this instead of blusher as i find this is a more natural finish), then I use a few less layers across my chin and fore head. I'm really pleased with this, and I'm now on my second pot of it, pot? Is it a pot? Haha!
10/10 (: