Avon Waterproof Glimmersticks

3.5

on 7/6/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the best eye liner I've ever used, but that doesn't mean it's great. The price is pretty good, I bought mine for about $6 each (I have the brown one and the black one). I have large eyes, so lining my waterline is often essential for more dramatic looks, and this does the job. It glides on, is pigmented, and lasts for a pretty decent amount of time. Any other eye liner disappears after 15 minutes - and trust me when I say that is not an exaggeration. I also really love the fact that you can twist these up, as I hate having to sharpen pencils. However, this is really difficult to apply in that I bawl my eyes out every time the liner comes within two inches of my face. My eyes are really sensitive (almost in a "ticklish" way), and it's lucky these are waterproof because my eyes always spill over. I do have to drag this over a second time to make sure it lasts, but once I've got it on it doesn't bother me again. Maybe it's something to do with the hard texture of the liner?
Overall, I won't repurchase because I do want to continue experimenting, and Avon unfortunately tests on animals.

on 3/15/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It doesn't last. I didn't like it.

on 2/27/2013 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So far in my 42 years of life, this is by far my favorite eyeliner! I would not be caught without it!

on 11/22/2012 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner stays on, but is really tough to remove. Not worth the damage of tugging on lashes & rubbing. Also, it can irritate eyes if you wear contacts.

on 11/19/2012 12:52:00 PM

Really love these - best eyeliner I have tried. Bought one in Saturn Grey and tried it on honeymoon (Indonesia - this stayed on!). It doesn't drag and lasts all day, which I haven't found with any other brands - generally they've melted off by elevenses (including numerous high-end ones, which have ended up in the bin). Brilliant.

on 9/16/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Ive repurchased this about 100 times. I use the blackest black color and it last me all day. It does smear but i just put liquid liner ontop and it doesnt smear anymore. I love how the color is truly black. I really love it.

on 9/9/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this eyeliner for years. This waterproof eyeliner really does stay put. I like that it doesn't need sharpening, but I wish it went on as easily as the regular glimmersticks eyeliner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this liner. I wear eyeliner daily, but have never been a fan of the liquid kind. That said, I've tried virtually every kind of non-liquid eyeliner out there and this is hands down my favorite.

First, when AVON says 'waterproof and smudgeproof' they really mean it. This stuff stays put for hours, even in hot muggy weather. I'm an avid theme park visitor, so if this liner can outlast 10 hours at Disneyland in July, it's A-OK in my book! Plus, it has very pretty yet subtle shimmer which really makes basic brown and black liner something different.

Oh, yeah and did I forget to mention this stuff is right around $3.00?! Perfection.

on 8/2/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG eyeliner. I liked the original Glimmersticks eyeliner, but I love this one. It really does stay put even in hot, humid weather. I've tried other eyeliners that claim to be waterproof or "stay put", but they always smear regardless of what they claim. This is the only eyeliner I use, and I buy it in a couple of colors. It also doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

on 5/17/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is well pigmented and it is waterproof but my oily eyelids disagree with this eyeliner. By the end of the day my eyeliner is smudged :( I really wanted to like this product but anyone with oily eyelids are better off using liquid eyeliners than using pencils.