Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

2.3

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin Oil, Butylparaben

I very much dislike this product, but not for the reasons everybody else seems to. I do NOT wear waterproof mascara so I had no pulling, tugging or rubbing my eyes. This is so oily.... it actually makes my mascara liquefy and stretchy, stringy. It runs deep deep into my eyes, in every crevice and corner and so far up under my eyelids that I can't get it out. And when I think I may have gotten it out of my eye I keep finding more of it for hours afterward. Also, it blurs my vision from the oil getting into my eyes. I would rather just use soap and water then have use the awfulness that is this product. It can't be good for your eyes. And I do NOT wear glasses or contacts but this is probably 100X worse if you do, so beware of this.

Oily beyond compare and couldn't get any of the stubborn bits of make up that fell between my eyelashes. I felt like I lost a handful of eyelashes from all the tugging I had to do and all the oil made my eyes feel uncomfortable.
Should have known better than to grab the closest bottle from the shelf I guess.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is amazing! I don't understand all the bad reviews on this product. Though it can be a little greasy, it removes all my eyeshadow/liner in one swipe and completely breaks down waterproof mascara/liquid liner. But, I've found there is a best way to use it. Pour a VERY small amount on a cotton pad, and rub it over your eye gently until all the makeup is off. Add a little more remover to the cotton pad if needed, but as little as possible. Once you've removed all the makeup, wipe/pat your eye area with a clean wash cloth to remove the oil that's in the remover. Once you've washed your face and done the rest of your skincare, the greasiness will be gone and overnight your eye area will get so moisturized! I believe I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle, and I'll definitely keep repurchasing!

Nope. This makeup remover is no good. Its basically mineral oil and chemicals. I should have just looked at the ingredients before I bought this BUT I remember liking it when I was a kid (middle/high school).

This is useful for spot removing mistakes after applying makeup because the nozzle is so small its easy to squeeze onto a q-tip. But for use on the whole eye...its not good. It takes a lot of rubbing and tugging to actually remove makeup and I dont even wear waterproof mascara just the regular kind. Also like I said before..its basically just mineral oil (and chemicals).

I just purchased the boots soothing eye makeup remover and its a million times better than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The worst make-up remover I have ever tried.

Not only it doesn't remove waterproof makeup (or regular makeup either), it also just leaves an annoying film IN your eyes unless you wash and scrub with soap afterwards, which I am not keen on doing because I don't want to dry out my eye contour area (I usually spray away makeup remover residue with SodiumPCA enriched water).

Price and packaging are ok, but I would never buy it again. On the other hand, their clean express line is awesome, removes makeup fast and leaves no residue. Huge plus, the wonderful fragrance!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did not remove eye makeup effectively, and it left an oily film in my eyes for several hours after use.

I am surprised that so many people find this product to be unsatisfactory. Yes, it is oily but I find that I desire such consistensy when it comes to taking off eye products and for me it is working out very well taking off my stubborn eyeliner that gets right into the lashline. I have sensitive skin and this feels good against my skin and works quickly to remove eye product. I have no complaints.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This product is very bad, it burn my eyes and gave me some kind of allergic reaction and it didn't even remove my mascara

Love it! It removes EVERYTHING with very little effort. It is very oily, which some people hate, but I actually enjoy the feeling. Sometimes when I wear harsh eye makeup for a while the oiliness is very soothing. I just use this first and then wash my face. I've used several other eye makeup removers including some much more expensive brands and this is my favorite so far. I got mine for $3.50. It does not irritate my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Eh. This product is okayy if you have to use it, but it just leaves a mess of its own. Sure its moisturizing, but whenever i try to use it it leaves such a greasy, oily mess all over my eye. It gets the job done with eyeshadow and eyeliner, but it takes some work with the mascara. I have to be sure to wipe every bit of it off before i open my eye, otherwise it will blur my vision if it gets in my eye, if only a little bit. I wouldn't use it.