August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Pressed Powders - Stila - Pressed Powder Compact

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel like this is the type of powder that women who pretend they don't cake makeup on their faces just love. Okay, it's not that bad. It is an okay powder and if it had an okay price I'd rate it a lot higher. It goes on smoothly and looks matte throughout the day, however it does look cakey. I asked my husband, with one half of my face cheap powder and the other half Stila, which he liked better - he pointed at the Stila side and said "that looks like cakey".
For the $37 price, I was not happy with my purchase and returned it. My $6 Covergirl is better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by laniscat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way this powder feels. It is finely milled and feels like silk. It soaks up the oil in my t zone without looking powdery. It is a little expensive, but the compact is pretty and the medium shade is perfect for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Kristyann

This absolutely sucks!!! First of all... its extremely expensive for a powder.. a pressed powder at that. I ordered the darkest color they had... keep in mind that I have fair-medium skin and naturally blonde hair, so I am pretty light... well even the darkest shade looked chalky white on me. This powder is extremely soft and feels great on the skin, but it does absolutely nothing else for me! DO NOT BUY!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder for over a year and I love it. It's a great powder and although it comes in two shades I think it will suit many different skin tones. It's finely milled and doesn't look cakey even if you've applied several layers throughout the day as I do. I love that it's a simple powder and not some multi-tasking product. It's rather expensive at $28 and that's the only reason I wouldn't buy it again. I think that other drugstore products work just as well at half the price. But ignoring the price and lack of different shades it's an excellent powder. And as far as packaging goes; it's a simple compact with a mirror and room for a make-up poof..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

I'm really surprised at some of the negative reviews of this compact. I think it's great for a good finishing powder or for touching up. I never used the sponge that came with it, but instead a fluffy powder brush. After the product was gone, I cleaned it out and use it as a flip up mirror since the compact was too cute to throw away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

i have this in fair which is actually white!!!! but doesn't show at all whitish on skin. it is finely milled and does a fantastic job on keeping my oily t-zone shine-free even without a primer!!! i am amazed! the thing i love about it is that i never get the powdery look and only need a small amount to dust over my whole face!!! LOVING IT!!!!

oh! i bought only the refill and glued it into my own pan because of all the bad reviews on the compact. it saved me money and all the frustration!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

The compact sucks. You have to buy the product and the compact to hold it in separately for just about every stila product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Janvier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The consistency of the powder is good, but there are not enough shade options.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by jc2239

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i purchased this partially because i'd heard good things about its oil-absorbing qualities, and partially because i thought the packaging was darn cute and would fit well in any purse. BAD idea. first of all, the puff that they include with the compact sucks, and became disgusting after 1-2 uses. luckily, as i was checking my reflection in my compact while waiting for the subway (the only thing i use this product for), the puff got lifted up by a puff of air and flew about 20 feet before landing on the subway tracks and i was rid of the darn thing.

as for the powder itself, i think i have about the greasiest t-zone known to man, with kind of dry-ish cheeks, and somehow this powder completely dried out my skin without taking care of the oilies. it made my skin look flaky and gross, and as other ladies mentioned, the packaging is very flimsy. i dropped the compact (another day in the subways of course) and the powder popped right out of the compact and cracked in multiple areas. not that i particularly cared since i had no intention of using it for anything other than a mirror.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by CancerianPrincess

Powder is absolute crap. Oily. Doesn't do a thing to minimize shine and broke me out pretty badly. There's corn oil in it or something like that. The packaging is gorgeous, but the powder is so bad that I returned it after one day and one use. Gross, gross, gross. Coty loose powder for $7 is heads and heels better than this Stila powder. Save your money, girls. Look elsewhere.