November 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Humectant Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by cgarcia5

Just finished reviewing the shampoo, nothing but good things to say about this pair from suave. The conditioner may not be as thick but it does a great job at leaving my hair soft with no tangles at all. Those of you who have dry hair definitely try it out and with the price you can't go wrong with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't impressed by this, it left my hair feeling greasy and not clean. Also it has the weirdest residue! It was all over my hair, coated my scalp, and my back wherever my hair was touching broke out into pimples. The scent was really boring. It took all the will power in the world to finish my 32 ounce bottle, I will never buy it for myself again, not even for a penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a bargain for dry hair! I pay $1.99 or less for a bottle of this and it's as good or better than the expensive ($20 a bottle) stuff I used to use.

Sometimes I leave a little in, just as I would with Humectant. I can't tell the 2 apart based on my hair, so why spend the big bucks?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by briekeller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to buy this stuff in bulk all the time because I love a) the price tag, b) the way it cleanses my hair and c) the scent. I also love that I can squeeze out as much as I want. I had a problem with a different shampoo and conditioner that has kind of scarred me for life because now my hair continues to get super oily and gross RIGHT after I was it (obviously from product buildup) and I thought I could use this stuff as a quick go-to shampoo and conditioner that would leave my hair just beautiful, but now it seems to gunk up my hair, too. So disappointing. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarcandy1994

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In comparison of Nexxus Humectress conditioner with Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner: I used Nexxus hair care a few years ago and I was really happy with the the moisture it gave my hair, both brands smell similar, the consistency of Suave is not as thick as Nexxus. I will be honest and state that I cannot compare perfectly how the results differ in my hair because it has been about 3 years since I used Nexxus products and I also had hair dye in my hair back then. I will however, state that Suave did moisturize my hair, left it soft with a nice soft flow. I've only used it once at night and let my hair air dry, I will keep posting if I see a difference. My hair products had too much protein in my hair and was leaving my hair "crisp" after it dried. I purchased this as a cheap and fast solution, I've only used one other Suave product which I did not like at all. I am 99% natural with a bit of hair dye in my tips, very wavy and curly hair, and I am a brunette, I have dark chestnut brown.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A few years ago, I had a real hair trauma (most of my healthy long hair simply broke off a few inches from my scalp, over the space of a couple of weeks) that was caused merely by using a salon shampoo for a very short amount of time (the story of which I detailed in some of my other shampoo reviews here).

After that situation occurred, the only product line I could find that helped my hair in the slightest was Redken All Soft - the old formula of All Soft which had avocado oil in it (not the current formula with argan oil in it). The old All Soft was just perfect for my hair and I used it for a couple of years. Unfortunately, they changed the All Soft ingredients list and ruined it for me, so in the last year I've had to expend a lot of time, effort, and money to try many other lines of shampoo/conditioner in order to find something that worked EVEN SLIGHTLY for my hair and didn't make it look terrible and behave badly.

I've trialled $50 sets of shampoo/conditioner (Pureology from a salon) all the way down to $2 sets (White Rain from Dollar Tree).

Surprisingly, given its inexpensive price tag (often less than $4 a set), the "least worst" option, which I've now used for a couple of months, is Suave Professionals Humectant Moisture shampoo and conditioner for dry hair - available in most drug stores and supermarkets etc.

I don't mind paying a higher price for products that work for me, but I have now tried so many ranges at all price points, and this is still the best one for my hair that I've found.

It doesn't have the same great effect on my hair as the old formula All Soft - I guess nothing ever will.

But it makes my hair reasonably conditioned, reasonably shiny.

At the point of being halfway through my first bottles (which were the 16 ounce size) of the Suave shampoo and conditioner, that's when my hair kind of fully adapted to it and appeared to be doing pretty well with it, and that's when I decided that I'll stick with this brand for now.

By the way, some say that this Suave formula is a duplicate of Nexxus humectant shampoo/conditioner but I do not find them to be similar, at least on my hair. (I tried out the Nexxus versions earlier this year.)

The Suave site itself says this about this product line: "Salon proven to moisturize as well as Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo and Daily Treatment," so it seems they are now trying to duplicate that Paul Mitchell line instead of the Nexxus one.

Note: The Suave Professionals Humectant bottle looks different now than it appears in the main photo on this listing, which seems to be a few years old. I've added a photo of the current bottles (it is photo 3 above). I also think the formula ingredients might have changed, over the years, as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by woolandwater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have been using Nexxus Humectress shampoo and conditioner for years. Recently, my mom bought this for me to try out while out shopping and I was very skeptical. My hair is very picky about what I use; it either works well or leaves my hair feeling like garbage. I am biracial (black/Italian) with curly/frizzy/fine hair. I LOVE this stuff. My hair feels so incredibly soft and manageable without that gross feeling build-up. My curls are defined, shiny and healthy-looking. It works exactly like Nexxus' Humectress line but for way less money. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Njayraye15

I absolutely adore this product. I'm biracial, so naturally speaking my hair falls in half curly/half nest. Also, I don't always relax my hair when I should and this causes my hair to turn dry and increasingly damaged looking. Which i is.I live with a family that has totally different hair type, I have to go along with what they buy for conditioner. My step-mother bought this and I was skeptical. I used it and when I dried it the next day and straightened it, it was like magic I straighten my hair like a religion And its able to withstand the heat I have use and remain soft, shiny, and smooth!It was like I had almost actually just gotten a relaxer. My hair was super smooth and crazy shiny. Let my explain something. My hair is crazy dry and after using it it was like it had given my hair moisture steroids. I'm hooked and I'll never ever switch. Stunning results yet totally affordable. I can also use Suave Professionals Sleek and get the same results. The only thing I would change is the smoothness only last a few day. Pro? I can wash my hair more ( something that's hard for me before, having dry hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the conditioner immediately following the shampoo of the same brand/type. I think the scent is supposed to be coconut, which is just ok...not really a fan but I did not find the scent over powering. I used about two tablespoons to cover all of my hair, which is shoulder blade length, thick and wiry. I wear it flat ironed most of the time, so it's really important to me that the conditioner is coating my hair with enough moisture to help protect it when i hit it with a 450d. flat iron.

I distribute conditioner with a rubber bristled brush - I find that I use less and I can make sure that every strand is coated. This softened my hair immediately, making it really slick and silky - even wet, in the shower. It's loaded with silicone which I l actually like for my hair type. The really nice thing about this conditioner is that I barely had to brush through it. No tangles!

I used my microfiber towel afterwards and noticed that my hair did not get as dry as it normal. It took me a little longer to blow dry and even them my hair was still about 90% dry when i was tired of blow drying. My hair was also very straight, straighter than normal, even before i hot it with the flat iron.

The shine and moisture are the main things I wanted from this product and it did deliver these things. I could run a comb through it very easily. It completely moisturized the ends of my hair so I did not have to add extra product, which was a nice surprise. My hair felt clean, super soft and shiny. It does smell like coconut, but I guess I can live with that. I will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Kellywilson28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first used this, my hair felt great. It smelled fresh, was detangled, and very soft. After 3 uses my hair got used to the product and is not happy when I use it. My hair is not moisturized or detangled at all. Will not repurchase but will use up. I might try it as a co-wash but it does have silicones. It's cheap but you pay for the quality that you buy.