The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2015 10:03:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love this scrub. The scent is juicy fresh mango, and I find it exfoliates really well with no irritation. It does leave a more oily feeling than other BS scrubs, but I like that....the climate where I live is very dry, especially in winter, so this is the perfect scrub for me. Bonus that it smells like summer or Mexico. I have the body butter, the oil and the body spray in this scent, and they're all great.

on 5/24/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because my legs were getting ingrown hairs from epilating and I needed a good exfoliator to combat this. What can I say, the smell is divine and it makes my legs glow!

on 10/16/2014 4:49:00 PM

Really like this sugar scrub. It is quite rough and the crystals are quite large, so it wouldn't be great for people who don't use scrubs often. If your new to scrubs I would suggest the Palmers coco butter body scrub, it's so thick and creamy and super sensitive. Anyway, back to the mango scrub! The smell is lovely and stays on the skin for about 2-3 hours after, the oily residue it leaves in the skin after is actually quite nice and moisturising, personally I quite like that feeling of knowing there is essential oils on my skin to soak in after the shower. I would probably purchase another scent next time just to try the others out.

on 4/14/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a small one of these for $3 (supposed to be $6) as a buy-2 get-2.
Smells nice - fruity. Scrub is a bit oily.

Nice for a stocking stuffer but by no means a HG.

This is a very harsh body scrub which i liked at first texture wise but my mum said it made her hands sore when scrubbing legs and when I saw my legs bleeding I realised it was harsh! The salt and sugar crystals are quite large. Good if ur partial to body scrubs. I got it as a body scrub and has lasted ages but I am not keen on mango scent in general or the smell of this product. Guess it has a slightly exotic smell. I have tried quite a few body shop products but this is my least favourite smell of the fruity ones.

on 1/14/2014 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Mmm.. Am useing this scrub twice a weak .. And yes it does smells good and make you feel like a baby soft skin last for a long time .. But, It doesn't scrub my body as it supposed to be. To me i prefer rougher scrubs !

on 1/14/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

What I like most about this scrub is the smell, it isn't too abrasive and melts quickly. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is quite oily and leaves a greasy film on your skin and shower. I prefer to use this scrub in the summer, especially on my legs when wearing shorts, dresses, etc because it can feel gross under pants. It does leave bare legs looking smooth and glowing. Moisturizer isn't needed after using this, my skin feels silky without it. The scent also lingers for a while.

on 1/11/2014 3:56:00 AM

I seriously don't know why this product got low ratings but perhaps its a bit too moisturizing for people with oily skin. For me however this is HG stuff.
I have eczematic skin which worsens during winter because the climate I live in is cold and extremely drying. My body skin suffers the worst and I've always had to use a shower cream to clean and then johnsons baby oil plus a body butter to moisturize after every shower. Got this scrub as a gift and was surprised to see that I didn't need my shower cream, my oil or my butter after using this scrub with exfoliating gloves. It not only removed the dirt and flakiness, it also moisturized amazingly well. Next time will try a tip posted by another member and use it on dry skin and then rinse off. The smell is great!! Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/3/2013 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So...I just got out of the shower after using this product. I got this at a sale so it cost by SGD$6 and right now, I'm pretty glad that's all it cost me!

Again, I didn't read the label properly and it says for 'very dry skin' :( I wouldn't recommend anyone with moisturized skin to use this product! The granules are not very big, and they melt away pretty quickly when you rub it into your skin to leave behind a layer of mango oil. The product smells fantastic, as all body shop products do! Unfortunately, due to the layer of oil left behind that I can't seem to fully towel off, I can't really tell whether or not my skin is really smoother, though to a certain extent it does feel so. I made a big mistake by piling on some mango puree body lotion after scrubbing, and I feel so heavy and oily right now! Not a light feeling. I think I may have over done it! But I did not put lotion on one leg (haha) and it feels pretty promising there :)

I'm pretty on-the-fence with this scrub, it smells fantastic but it doesn't seem to suit my skin very well. I'll have to wait and see where the oil ends up and give another update on the end result. For now, I'm sure I will still use it maybe once in 2 weeks in the future, but I definitely will not put on any kind of lotion after!

Hope this helps! :)

on 9/19/2013 10:53:00 AM

The scrub is comes in a jar. It is quite gritty but not scratchy at all. When applied to the skin it melts easily. Actually I wish it was more abrasive to provide a slight massaging effect. I also find that the product is way too oily for my combination/oily skin. Guess it would suit much better someone whose skin is drier. Yet I love the smell of mango.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products