April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Mango Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a small one of these for $3 (supposed to be $6) as a buy-2 get-2.
Smells nice - fruity. Scrub is a bit oily.

Nice for a stocking stuffer but by no means a HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

This is a very harsh body scrub which i liked at first texture wise but my mum said it made her hands sore when scrubbing legs and when I saw my legs bleeding I realised it was harsh! The salt and sugar crystals are quite large. Good if ur partial to body scrubs. I got it as a body scrub and has lasted ages but I am not keen on mango scent in general or the smell of this product. Guess it has a slightly exotic smell. I have tried quite a few body shop products but this is my least favourite smell of the fruity ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Nofan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Mmm.. Am useing this scrub twice a weak .. And yes it does smells good and make you feel like a baby soft skin last for a long time .. But, It doesn't scrub my body as it supposed to be. To me i prefer rougher scrubs !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

What I like most about this scrub is the smell, it isn't too abrasive and melts quickly. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is quite oily and leaves a greasy film on your skin and shower. I prefer to use this scrub in the summer, especially on my legs when wearing shorts, dresses, etc because it can feel gross under pants. It does leave bare legs looking smooth and glowing. Moisturizer isn't needed after using this, my skin feels silky without it. The scent also lingers for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lazybones101

I seriously don't know why this product got low ratings but perhaps its a bit too moisturizing for people with oily skin. For me however this is HG stuff.
I have eczematic skin which worsens during winter because the climate I live in is cold and extremely drying. My body skin suffers the worst and I've always had to use a shower cream to clean and then johnsons baby oil plus a body butter to moisturize after every shower. Got this scrub as a gift and was surprised to see that I didn't need my shower cream, my oil or my butter after using this scrub with exfoliating gloves. It not only removed the dirt and flakiness, it also moisturized amazingly well. Next time will try a tip posted by another member and use it on dry skin and then rinse off. The smell is great!! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So...I just got out of the shower after using this product. I got this at a sale so it cost by SGD$6 and right now, I'm pretty glad that's all it cost me!

Again, I didn't read the label properly and it says for 'very dry skin' :( I wouldn't recommend anyone with moisturized skin to use this product! The granules are not very big, and they melt away pretty quickly when you rub it into your skin to leave behind a layer of mango oil. The product smells fantastic, as all body shop products do! Unfortunately, due to the layer of oil left behind that I can't seem to fully towel off, I can't really tell whether or not my skin is really smoother, though to a certain extent it does feel so. I made a big mistake by piling on some mango puree body lotion after scrubbing, and I feel so heavy and oily right now! Not a light feeling. I think I may have over done it! But I did not put lotion on one leg (haha) and it feels pretty promising there :)

I'm pretty on-the-fence with this scrub, it smells fantastic but it doesn't seem to suit my skin very well. I'll have to wait and see where the oil ends up and give another update on the end result. For now, I'm sure I will still use it maybe once in 2 weeks in the future, but I definitely will not put on any kind of lotion after!

Hope this helps! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The scrub is comes in a jar. It is quite gritty but not scratchy at all. When applied to the skin it melts easily. Actually I wish it was more abrasive to provide a slight massaging effect. I also find that the product is way too oily for my combination/oily skin. Guess it would suit much better someone whose skin is drier. Yet I love the smell of mango.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Shaughnessybby

I bought this product as an exfoliator before my spray tan and since you can't apply deodorant or lotion before you tan, I find this to be great because after you wash it off it leaves the skin extremely soft and silky. The smell is amazzzzzing. The price, eh. But it's a great product that will last awhile because you shouldn't exfoliate but once a week. Def will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Luminous666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for a little while now, I first came across this scrub when I received a bodyshop mango gift box as a present and the scrub was one of the products that came with it.

Good points: this scrub is particularly good if you have any areas of dry skin, it leaves skin unbelievably soft. I quite like using this product after shaving my legs as it makes your legs feel fantastic.

The smell is lovely (however if you don't like mangoes this would be a bad point :), )

It is very grainy (some cheaper scrubs don't have much 'bits' in them and don't seem to exfoliate as well)

Bad points: for being a scrub I find it quite pricey, so I tend to wait till they have offers on it, usually after Christmas they seem to be half price so stock up then :)

Overall it is a good product and I will continue to use it,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells nice & feels nice going on it the shower. However the greasy film it left behind on my skin is noooot worth it! I think my skin feels soft underneath the grease but it's hard to tell. I rinsed off in the shower for almost 10mins & still feel greasy. Not to mention after getting out of the shower little pieces of lint, hair etc are all sticking to my skin. Definitely will not repurchase!