November 28, 2014 | 1915 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by stayintruetosoul

BEST powder I have ever used, hands down. No caking, super light, no weird color, nice scent (I like the lavender one) and a little goes a long way. I find that this stuff even helps blend makeup nicely over pores. There is nothing I don't like about this! It is the only powder I use. (I don't like a lot of powder, if any- but with work, it is just enough to hold my makeup in place, reduce shine, but look like it is not there). I highly recommend this stuff. And yes, I love the packaging. Lovely design, lovely box, too.

To address the issue of how fine it is and how it goes everywhere ... I was frustrated with that at first, too. What I've done to remedy this issue is use a small, fluffy brush ... like a mini blush brush (cheek brush)... or very mini kabuki brush. I found one like this at CVS. It picks up just enough of the powder... and I just give the container a small jolt before I open it, and there's enough powder there to use and then some. Seriously, a little of this fine dust goes a long way if you swirl it lightly over makeup. I don't recommend using the puff that it comes with, or any larger brush- don't use a full-sized kabuki. You'll waste it. That will be frustrating, and I can see why people have a hard time with it. This is literally the finest ground powder I've ever seen or used. With a little practice and the right tool, you will come to see why this is some of the best finishing powder out there. I hate to read that people have broken out from it, but everyone's skin reacts differently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by jesssparkles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product! For someone who doesn't like caking up the face, this works very well. It instantly mattifies, and without it my skin is very different. It blends quite well, and using the sponge type thing that it comes with creates quite a natural finish, however it also works well with a powder brush. It's smells very fresh and feels nice on my face, and it lasts months! I really love this product and I will be purchasing it again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Liked the oil control and the smell but it consistently causes cystic cheek acne 1-2 days after wearing it all day. I have the citrus one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by gummiibears

Damn.

That's the first thing that came to mind when I looked in the mirror after being out all day after using this powder for the first time.

And that was a good "damn".

My skin has grown quite oily lately, which is very, very annoying. I was using the wrong cleanser on my face. It stripped out all the oils and made it go into overdrive as far as oil production goes. So I've been taming it for the past month and have been desperately seeking a powder that could keep me from having to blot my face like, two or three times a day.
Well--this is it. I put the powder on in the morning before heading out, and then I don't need to worry about looking disgusting and greasy for the rest of the day. It's amazing, it's wonderful, and I wish all problems in life were solved so simply and quickly.

This isn't cheap, but it's not nearly as expensive as some. Actually--this is about the same cost as Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying powder, which used to be a favorite of mine, except the powder smells so bad and the compact itself was so poorly designed that it kept breaking on me. This compact is quite sturdy, which is nice. The included puff is pretty good also (unlike the crappy scrap of fabric in Chanel compacts).

Bottom line: this is the best powder, and I am a powder junkie. I don't wear a lot of makeup, and I have no qualms about splurging on powder. Get the citrus scent if you have oily skin, also.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I have the citrus one & it smells great, & leaves my skin feeling like silk, as the name suggests. It makes my makeup last all day & it even makes it look better as the day goes on.

The only con is the packaging. It looks nice & all, but it's very hard to get the powder out...

Other than that, however, it's great. The perfect translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I cannot believe I have not reviewed this angel dust. It's the only powder I have bought twice. I had the lavender one first and the rose one now. It feels so pleasant and smells so good. It keeps my makeup from getting greasy but still looking dewy. My hg, my only annoyance is the price, it's an Australian Brand but it's still cheaper to get online than in stores. Stop ripping off your fans close to home please.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using this product for a while now and I still love it.

Pros: It really really does suck up the oil off your skin. I love the feel of the powder on my face, light and fresh. The smell is just beautiful (citrus for me as I have oily skin) and it blends onto your face really well. I have a fairly olive complexion and this dosen't make me look pale or washed out. It does almost (in my opinion) give your face a matte appearance.

Cons: For as long as I've been using it, it's really hard to get out of the package. It could be easier and quicker to apply apart from the constant need to tap at the container to get the product out. Because it's so fine I find that mine clogs up the small holes where it is released from the package. Annoying.

Apart from that I do like this product very much. While I am a Jurlique fan not all of their products float my boat. This one does. It feels great on your skin, especially if you are not a girl who likes to use a lot of products on her face. The smell is great and apart from getting the product out I've never had the container break or split and I've been carrying mine around in my bag for AGES. It lasts a long time so per useage cost I find is actually pretty reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow I love this powder! I have the rose one,and it smells Devine. The powder is superbly fine and does not cake on at all,but glides over and leaves such a lovely luminous finish. It does not make me look white at all,but I am a light skin tone. I find it looks better and better as it settles into my skin,and leaves it looking fresh and glowy! I use it over my foundation in the morning,and it really helps to hold it and my makeup to last alot longer. I love the compact it comes in too,and pop it in my bag with a little powder brush for through the day touch ups if needed (if it has been particualarly hot) in which case I apply it with the little velvet puff and just lightly buff off excess with my little brush. In the morning I apply it with a big powder brush,by just tapping out a little on the back of my hand and sweeping on to my brush from there. I find this the easiest way for me to use in the morning with my big brush.
This lasts a very very long time,as it is so fine and you need so little to do the job. It is one of my all time favourite makeup products,and on my top ten HG can't live without list. Just gorgeous! It is pricey...but worth every cent. Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by lessisabore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This felt lovely in the store and smelt divine but to actually use it is close to impossible.

Like others have mentioned, it is so fine that it goes everywhere as soon as you open it. Despite the fine texture it is really noticeably white on your face, even if you only use a wee bit.
Great for a sweet-smelling ghost make-up effect, but that is it.

The packaging is a bit rubbish too, the lid has cracked which means if I as much move the tub it drops powder everywhere.

Because it was so expensive i am reluctant to just get rid of it (not really logical...), so I have mixed some with some other toned loose powder in a compact, but it's far from perfect.

A pity as I normally really like Jurlique products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by thejokerx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

clogged my pores... seriously don't know why.

smelled good, looked good, but it gave me little pimples and clogged pores!! what a shame :( gave it to my mom