MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 8/23/2015 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder! I apply this to my t-zone once my makeup is set. It lasts all day for me. We were moving for 7-8 hrs in the summer sun, 100% humidity, no winds/fan/a.c and I looked exactly the same as I did 8 hrs prior. No exaggerations, no touch ups, no nothing..My bf said it was amazing lol because my body was drenched in sweat but my face was matte and makeup perfect. Thanks Mac for keeping a girl cute straight through moving houses in the hot summer heat.

on 7/13/2015 5:47:00 AM

Great product. Sets my oily T zone without looking cakey or too powdery and obvious. It even leaves a somewhat satiny finish on my dewy foundation, its not overly matte which is great because I hate the unnatural flat matte look you get from most blot powders (looking at you rimmel/maybelline)

Apart from the lovely natural finish it also has great lasting power. I've already repurchased once and will repurchase again in the future :)

on 11/6/2014 1:48:00 PM

oh man do i ever hate this stuff, i dont even know where to start.

First and far most importnat, this did nothing for my oily skin, in fact i think it made it worse. It just sat on my skin all heavy and cake looking i also found this stuff to just cakes on my skin no matter how little i put on or what brush i use (brushes used: stippling brush, powder puff, powder brush).

I remember vowing to never buy any MAC cosmetics that i would put directly on my skin because my skin always seems to have a problem with anything in that respect, and this product is no different. Not two days later i had 2 pretty huge pimples that took a few days to go away.

Returned this product right away. I am now using Nars pressed powder which is HG.

on 10/9/2014 11:35:00 PM

best product I've ever found for my oily skin that loves to quite literally eat foundation & it has NO TALC which is amazing and surprisingly super hard to find in a powder; now if they could only make this same formula but in a powder foundation with no talc! as talc breaks me out so bad every time and I've been using this for a week now and it has yet to irritate my skin; also it keeps my foundation perfect for 12 hours with one touch up which is amazing plus even when you touch up it NEVER looks cakey this is a magic product I swear lol

on 9/3/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great product. It is very humid and warm where I am currently and I use this on top of my Lancome Liquid Teint 24 hour foundation is keeps the shine away. I do blot once during the day. I do use MAC MATTE Primer before the liq foundation and Mac Blot powder.

on 8/11/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Beware of recent ingredient change! MAC online chat didn't confirm it but the salesperson at my local MAC store told me about when I called to report that I started breaking out from this product. Little bumps that look like a rash but are clogged pores; this, after being a faithful blot powder addict for over 10 years! He told me this used to be a corn starch-based product, now main ingredient is mica. Not totally sure if that is the culprit or it is one of the other ingredients that they changed around this time. Pretty disappointed that I have to go looking around for a new everyday blot powder and really not happy about the pimples.

UPDATE! After going around and around with MAC ( Estee Lauder) HQ Customer Service and finally sending them a photo of the different ingredient lists I had on two different boxes of Blot Powder, they FINALLY told me that Mica did go from +/- area at the very end of the list (because it used to only be in some colors of the powder) to now the first ( highest proportion) ingredient in all colors of this newer formulation. Pretty annoying since the online chat help on the MAC website was totally ignorant of this and kept telling me nothing changed. Anyway, if you are not sensitive to mica you are probably fine but I am still uncertain if this is the culprit behind my horrible skin issues that seemed to appear with using the new formula. It could be something else I was using or just my hormones going insane but MAC still didn't give me a reason as to why they decided to change the formula after all these years of making a good product with a loyal following.

on 7/25/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on my third compact. I always come back to this powder! Bought it for the first time when I2 years ago. Love it to keep my T-zone matte during summer. Will always repruchase

on 3/7/2014 5:52:00 PM

Definitely prefer this shade than dark. I quite like this one a no fuss basic handy powder for everyday use.
Seems quite gentle on the skin too. Contains no talc or any other heavy pore clogging ingredients and is great at controlling oil in the day giving the skin a nice healthy sheen.

Worth the buy and can be worn over your regular moisturiser to a very natural look or on top of a foundation for a more evening look to keep make up in place.

on 2/19/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The shades of this powder are very misleading, which is the reason I gave it 4 lippies. I'm light-medium and use the medium dark which I feel is still too light but the dark shade is too dark for me. However this has been the best powder I've found for oil control. It leaves a complete matte finish but doesn't provide any coverage.

on 9/24/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THE BEST POWDER out there for OILY SKIN!
It keeps my shine away for about 6h. My skin usually gets shiny after minutes of stepping out of the house and this powder does such a great job of eliminating the shine.
I apply it with a powder brush all over and have great results. Applying it with a powder puff when I am out works fine too. It does not appear cakey at all as the powder is very sheer and light. It does not really give any coverage or colour, just does what it is meant to do..basically BLOT your face free of oil.
I have not found any other product that is as amazing as this! MUST BUY if you have oily shiny skin that requires constant blotting.