April 24, 2014 | 1831 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having looked high and low for a good powder foundation (see all my past reviews) I *finally* *finally* found this little gem. My coloring is NC30/35 and Cypress Beige was an excellent match. While I don't think this would be a longer lasting powder (8-10 hrs), it has worked for me for the duration of 5-6 hours. I have very oily & fickle skin, and many oil-free and shine-free products that others rave about do nothing for me. I do wear a shine-controlling primer with sunscreen as a base for this, and it might be the reason why it has worked for me but not for other reviewers. I found the coverage to be very good, although shade selection is limited. You can't beat $10 for this, while higher end powder foundations sell for more than twice. This one's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this for so many reasons:

-can fly with this & it's not a "liquid" that has to be drug out in Security
- this can be applied on my "lazy-I-don't-want-to put-on-makeup-today" days with a quck swipe of the Kabuki brush all over my face in like 30 seconds
- looks great & has great coverage applied wet with the sponge on pro-business days
- coverage lasts all day, with little touch ups
- just as good (or better coverage!) than Mac's Studio fix
- it's like 10 bucks at your local Sallys - keep one everywhere for that price! (purse, suitcase, makeup drawer)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Brainlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not buildable wet or dry. Does not last long. I hit pan after 1 week of daily use. Coverage is light to medium at best. Claims to control shine and oil, does not control shine or oil. Sponge shreds before you finish product. Only plus is that it's better than BE. Will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by CharleneA

So let me start off with saying I have sensitive dry combo skin with a crazy oily t zone. Now with that out of the way I LOVE LOVE this foundation! It doesn't stick to the dry patches on my cheeks. It gives a matte but not flat finish. It gives your face a healthy glow (not dewy). If you use it dry it gives a light natural looking coverage. I really like using it on top of a BB cream then you get a medium coverage with a beautiful finish. I get so many compliments when I wear it like that with a little bronzer and blush. I haven't tried it wet and I don't really plan to. I like the finish when I wear it dry. I don't use the applicator it comes with I apply it with a kabuki brush. I can wear this all day at work and then go to the gym and when I clean my face with a cleansing cloth there is still product on there. I do have oil break through on my t zone about 6 hours after applying but there are no long lasting claims on this product. It also doesn't break my face out. I will definitely be buying this again and again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mariscrane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the "dry" aspects of this foundation because I haven't and probably won't use it wet. My Ulta doesn't carry Palladio products so I waited for the price to drop online, and yay finally it did ... Come to mama! The reviews for this have been great and now I can say I totally agree. My skin is NC20-25/Dior 021/Laura Mercier Powder No. 3 and I matched Laurel Nude. Compared to LM foundation powder (also a wet/dry formula): this is less creamy, a touch more translucent, and much more economical. The staying power is the same (a few good hours) and the coverage is definitely a solid medium. Also, the Palladio powder feels very lightweight, similar to Revlon's Nearly Naked powder (which is great for setting but not coverage.)

I brush this over Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (Nude) and just on its own for mid-day/evening touchups. (It's VERY effective if I'm too shiny.) Usually if I carry powder in my purse I have to stuff a retractable kabuki in there too, but I was happy to find that the applicator that comes with this compact isn't bad at all. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetsparkless

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It stays on all day. You can use it dry for light coverage or wet the sponge for a heavier coverage. I have used it every day for a little over 3 months and about ready for a new one. Sally Beauty and Ulta both carry it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I was really hoping to like this product, as I had been reading reviews for a while. I finally bought the lightest color on sale at Ulta for around $9. I have to preface this by saying that this is my first powder foundation. I tried several different ones at Ulta. But this is my first purchase.

The lightest color was too dark and muddy for my NW15 complexion. It doesn't control my oily T-zone and barely covers blemishes. Most of all, I hated the coverage. It was like a wash of color with a paint brush over my face...not concealing anything.

Overall, I am returning this product. My review may be biased because I haven't tried a powder foundation that I liked yet. The packaging is great with a handy sponge applicator in the 2nd compartment. There are holes in the bottom to vent the wet sponge, as to avoid collecting bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by lolitagrl0808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation. It made my skin look amazing and lasted for a good 5 hours without any need for blotting on my super oily skin. And it was so easy to apply too. However, it broke me out so I unfortunately won't be buying again :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. No irritation. Applied dry flawlessly, not powdery, adequate coverage but the lightest color "Laurel Nude" looked muddy on my fair, pink-cheeked NW20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No