August 28, 2014 | 1317 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by maleamorris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. I don't wear make-up every day. But on the occasion to I need to "dress" up for a company dinner. I use this. It covers heavier when wet and lighter when dry. My lines and open pores don't show IF I use a primer first. Blends well when I highlithg and contour my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SDSok

Oh My God I love this product. I have acne prone combo skin, oily when it's hot and dry when it's cold. I use this with Cerave PM moisturizer (Put a small amount on a small area of powder and use a foundation brush, not the pad mainly just because it's dirty). I've tried tens of foundations in search of the one that won't make me break out and this is the one. I don't wear foundation everyday, usually just when breaking out badly or when I go out at night. THis doesn't make me break out at all (but maybe if i used it daily it might), it keeps me shine free AND moisturized (use with lotion.. not water if you're dry) and my skin looks beautiful! Matte, not really glowing. Coverage is medium, and alterable. It can go on heavy or light depending on your preference. At first it doesn't look great, but after it sets for ten or fifteen minutes it looks AMAZING for me. HG product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my current favorite foundation. I use it dry, because using it wet seems to make my skin feel weird, like it can't breath as well. But since I have changed up my skin care routine and have started birth control, my skin is not as oily and I may need to start wearing it wet to avoid the flaky look. When I use it wet, it seems to use up more of the product, though, which makes me sad ): I like to conserve it as much as possible. I got this when I was mega-breaking out. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin much or cause break outs. I was getting pimples on my forehead and nose, which never happens, with the old foundation I was trying out. Then when I switched to this, those went away. So that's progress. My skin didn't really start healing until I began using Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub, Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol Free pads, and Tri-Sprintec, though. But like I said, this doesn't seem to irritate me and that in itself is something awesome. I am fair and use "laurel nude" (or something like that) and it's a terrific match. I have used "buff" in Revlon Colorstay, if that helps. I went through one package of this so far and am on my second one, so maybe I will stay with this for a while. What I do is I use a small, very densely packed make up brush, swirl it around on the powder, and then swirl it around over each individual acne scar on my face as well as on my under-eye circles. I do this to avoid putting make up on skin that doesn't need it, as I feel make up is very irritating for one's skin. Think about it, when did your skin start NEEDING to be covered up? After you got into wearing foundation a lot, I predict. Was your face very bad before you began using foundation a lot? Probably not. I realize there are exceptions to what I am proposing, but I know a lot of people that were that way and I know that I was. People who don't wear make up have phenomenal skin most of the time. Anyway, that's my routine. Hope it helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Wintersvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Better than MAC studiofix and every other sun par foundation Ive wasted my money on over the years.After using this everything else sucks in comparison.It matches my pale yellow undertoned nc20 skin flawlessly.Its lightweight and has great coverage.An added bonus is my skim has cleared up immensely since using this.The price is perfect about $11 at Sallys.Just great stuff all around.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Should've trusted my gut on this one. I thought I would experiment with using a cream to powder foundation, but it just didn't work out for me. I can see why so many people have written glowing reviews of this product -- it applies easily & smoothly, it doesn't cake, the packaging is fantastic, and the formula is lightweight and silky. But that's where the love stops for me. First, I couldn't really find a good shade (I'm fair/warm, NC20-25). I bought the Laurel Nude shade, but I was left with a darkish pinky-peachy cast all over my face. It also made my face itch (and I don't even have sensitive skin). Must be the talc? I ended up washing it all off because I couldn't stand it. Too bad for me -- I love the concept of this product and was hoping I could make the switch from using messy liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by hypnautica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought some of this due to some recommendations from here and I hate this makeup. I have oily skin but within about 5mins my face looked like the dessert and it also made by pores open up and look huge. I for sure will be taking this back and sticking with what im using now. I rather deal with good looking skin with some oil vs the desert and huge pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleToesMose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this today and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm trying to find a replacement for my beloved Maybelline Dream Matte powder and I think this may be a hit. It blurs all my imperfections and makes me look flawless! I'm not sure it holds up well against my extremely oily skin but when I get oily with this powder, it only looks like my natural skin but better. This has beautiful, natural looking, almost completely matte coverage and finish. So far, I'm loving this and the loose powder version.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having looked high and low for a good powder foundation (see all my past reviews) I *finally* *finally* found this little gem. My coloring is NC30/35 and Cypress Beige was an excellent match. While I don't think this would be a longer lasting powder (8-10 hrs), it has worked for me for the duration of 5-6 hours. I have very oily & fickle skin, and many oil-free and shine-free products that others rave about do nothing for me. I do wear a shine-controlling primer with sunscreen as a base for this, and it might be the reason why it has worked for me but not for other reviewers. I found the coverage to be very good, although shade selection is limited. You can't beat $10 for this, while higher end powder foundations sell for more than twice. This one's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this for so many reasons:

-can fly with this & it's not a "liquid" that has to be drug out in Security
- this can be applied on my "lazy-I-don't-want-to put-on-makeup-today" days with a quck swipe of the Kabuki brush all over my face in like 30 seconds
- looks great & has great coverage applied wet with the sponge on pro-business days
- coverage lasts all day, with little touch ups
- just as good (or better coverage!) than Mac's Studio fix
- it's like 10 bucks at your local Sallys - keep one everywhere for that price! (purse, suitcase, makeup drawer)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Brainlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not buildable wet or dry. Does not last long. I hit pan after 1 week of daily use. Coverage is light to medium at best. Claims to control shine and oil, does not control shine or oil. Sponge shreds before you finish product. Only plus is that it's better than BE. Will not re-purchase.