September 18, 2014 | 1906 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I've always been a fan of the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) because of how effectively the OCM removed the toughest makeup and cleaned my skin without stripping it. This cold cream is essentially the OCM in a jar and without the mess. I take a small amount, rub it on my face and eyelids (yes, it can even tackle waterproof mascara and eyeliner), wait a minute, rub a little more, then remove with a tissue or wet washcloth. Then I follow with my regular cleanser and Clarisonic. I get the same exact results with Ponds that I do with my castor/safflower oil blend. Plus it hasn't made me break out.

This product does have several advantages over the OCM. First of all, there's almost no mess. You can find it at almost any drugstore or supermarket, so no need to hunt for oils or to special order anything. Costwise, it is cheaper: a jar of Ponds can last me a couple months, plus I don't have to worry about it going rancid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I used to really enjoy using this. Maybe it was just the extra time I took for myself.
I found it to cleanse my skin very well, make it very soft and supple.
As for leaving a film I didn't have any issues when I used a warm wash cloth to remove. It does feel like a light lotion left on the skin but once you let your skin dry and let it set in it goes away quickly. I just have no need for this in my routine. I use cleansers that remove my makeup and if I need to I use baby oil to remove waterproof makeup.
This is nice cold cream though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A cream that leaves your face clear of makeup, even waterproof mascara. I have tried many makeup removers but keep coming back to this one. As one consumer before me said, put it on, massage in, letting it work, then wipe off with makeup wipe. Face is clean and ready for any added serums or lotions you need. Miscellar waters just don't cut it IMO. Remove then moisturize is my new regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Jenn3985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product! I was iffy at first because i have tried so many facial products that have dissappointed me and this cold cream is actually the best i have ever bought. i will def buy again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by rmc0435

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I was using Dove soap but after a few weeks found it too drying & switched to Pond's. Every night I apply a thick layer, let it sit for a while, (10 min. to 1/2 hour) & remove it w/ a warm, wet washcloth. I've struggled w/ acne all my life, had skin that was so oily & shiny I would blot it 10,000 x day, had blackheads, whiteheads & clogged pores & my skin has NEVER LOOKED BETTER. I've also stopped washing my face in the morning. I just splash it once or twice w/ some lukewarm water, and/or stand under the shower but I don't wash or scrub it. I think all the washing was just irritating my complexion & now it's looking so calm & soothed. PS: I wear foundation, powder, blush, full eye makeup & lipstick during the day & Pond's removes all of it. PPS: This is kinda gross & TMI but I think another reviewer told a similar story. I had a sort of permanent zit on my face that wouldn't go away. After using Pond's Cold Cream for about a week, I woke up one morning & there was a hole in my face where the pimple was! I told my husband that Pond's just "thrust" it right out. (The hole is no longer there & my cheek looks completely normal.) The whole idea of cold cream is that the oils in it are supposed to melt into your pores & carry out all the bad stuff & Pond's really does this. I've been using it for about a month & I plan on using it forever. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I could not get past the odor of this stuff. As, its scent is very strong and unpleasant to smell, in opinion. Plus, this stuff leaves a film on your face that you have to keep rubbing to get off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by cacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom had bought this for me ages ago but I never really wore makeup to use this though I had rediscovered it in and am in love. I slather this all over my face and use a baby wipe to wipe off the makeup and the cream at the same time and I can tell you it even gets the Revlon Colorstay makeup off! The cream is rather oily which gets the makeup and excess dirt off your face which can be annoying. The packaging is great for a while since the tub is still full, though I am halfway through it and it is becoming a task so reach for the cream. I suggest that they should remodel the packaging into a bottle, or something with a pump. Overall, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by vsmini

I don't understand the people who are turned off by the jar and claiming there is a problem with hygiene. You simply wash your hands and make sure you scoop out the appropriate amount you need. Use that and you're done.
Not much else to add. I think people judge this product unfairly due to a simple technique to improve hygiene. Great product. Works for me and gives me zero acne or breakout problems

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like it. This, along with Ponds classic cream is loaded with mineral oil which leaves a film on your skin even after cleansing with water(multiple times). Also, I find you need a lot of product to loosen the makeup off your face. Finally, the packaging is also not very sanitary or practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ya know what? I'm giving this sh@t 5 stars... And here's why...

Its hella cheap (can you tell I am from California yet?). I think it's around $4 bucks, give or take. It's an outstanding makeup remover! The best I have tried so far and I have used a ton of them from Clinique, Lauder, McEvoy, Orlane, Nars, you name it. Ponds knocks them all out of the box. This works great as an eye makeup remover - just rub gently and remove with a pad using downward strokes. I also have dry skin and this serves a dual purpose; it removes all traces of foundation and also moisturizes like nobody's biz-on the nights I use it I don't have to apply any serums, lotions, or oil treatments. I wake the next morning to a lovely moisturized palette (IE my face). I get a great glow post using this, its pretty amazing considering the price.

The only "cons" or issues I have with this product is that 1) I am not a huge fan of the ingredients (it's got a lot of glycerin type crap in it). 2) If I do want to use an after product (serum/lotion/oil) its really hard to wash this off enough for those additional products to penetrate correctly. Even when I use my clarasonic it doesn't remove the layer of moisturizer laid down from the Ponds. This can be a pro though. I don't recommend this for oily skin or those prone to breakouts. I do however recommend dry skin types give this a try.

I totally feel the1950's Hollywood glamour when I apply this. It gives me a Joan Crawford beauty vibe, sans that whole "child abuse wire hanger" thing.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No