August 27, 2014 | 1939 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Clarins - Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells fantastic, though fairly strong, so stop by the Clarins counter for a whiff before purchasing. Doesn't moisturize particularly well, but this is one I keep in my purse for a little moisture after washing my hands while I'm out and I don't have to worry about greasing things up (like my glasses or purse) or my hands slipping (steering wheel).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

I got this as a gift, I long wanted to try this raved hand creme. However, it is nice and lovely, but I'd not choose this one over body shop hemp one. It is quite moisturizing, and non-greasy at all. The smell maybe heavenly to someone, like grapefruit-citrus smell, quite strong, so it may well annoy someone who prefers no fragrant.
In a cold winter, this one is definitely not enough, I'd think to use it around fall/spring, summer quite all right since it does not stick. But overall, I could find cheaper drugstore ones that just has the same moisturizing quality, so I'd not purchase this one although I do like the citrus smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a 30 ml tube of this (perfect purse size) as part of a GWP. While I said I'd repurchase, I'm not entirely sure I would. It's a nice enough hand cream but not especially moisturizing, as others have said. It's great that it's not greasy but the trade off is that if your hands are really dry, it just doesn't deliver. The smell is typical of many of Clarins's products - what some people label "old lady smell" but I find it herbal and pleasant because I associate it with so many of the products from this company. I'm not sure that it makes much of a difference to my nails - I've been using Creme Abricot for my nails and that's really made the most significant difference so anything this hand cream could do. So, basically, I'm on the fence. I do like that it's non-greasy so it's great for applying during the day, at work (it means I can still turn the door knob on my classroom to get out the door!) but not as moisturizing as I might like in an "ideal hand cream".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought my second tube of this, and really like the results. My nails had grown incredibly weak, as I get weekly manicures and my nails rarely see the light of day. I decided to remove my polish for a month, and purchased this product to see if it could help strengthen my weekend nails. It did just that! I do have to apply it multiple times a day after handwashing, but after about two weeks my nails were remarkably strengthened and I like to the consistency of the lotion for daily use. I don't particularly like it at bedtime, as it's not quite rich enough. That said, it makes it the perfect hand lotion to use during the day. It absorbs quickly while leaving your hands and nails moisturized. What more could you want from a day hand lotion? Note that I do use the Clarins SPF hand treatment over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by samm23

I love a good hand cream and this has never disappointed ! I have used this on and off for years and yes I do keep coming back to it. Over the years I have also converted a number of friends to being Clarins hand cream users and I still think it makes a great gift.( I'm a strong believer that gifts should be personal and luxurious and I think this is perfect and within a reasonable budget range!!! ) I only use this product at night as it doesn't have an SPF , its light , smells divine, really fresh and I wake up to lovely soft hands. My husband also uses it and amazingly thought the age spots on his hands had faded over the time he used it so he fully endorses it as a regular repurchase ! I agree with some other comments made that the SPF 15 is too low which is why I wouldn't purchase that one, although I understand that it has been discontinued so its a mute point. This product has a bit of a cult following and to be honest I'm not surprised. It outlasts other hand creams in terms of the quantity you need to use. Its soaks in beautifully and I believe it is a treatment and does more than your average cream. It rubs in well, doesn't leave any residue and basically it works. I am a bit of a junky when it comes to products and even if I love something I will always look for another product , I figure its nice to keep trying new products. I tend to alternate but as I said earlier yes I do keep coming back to this little beauty :). I have read comments about the need to cut the tube to get the last part of the product out, I haven't actually found that. The packaging is fairly pliable so a good squeeze has been adequate. I did cut the tube to see how much product was left when I couldn't physically squeeze anymore out and was pleasantly surprised, bugger all to be honest. So yes this will always find it's way back to my bed side table.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely hand cream. Very moisturizing, lightly scented (mostly clean and citrus with a hint of floral and powder) and a nice basic package. I am a cashier so I bag groceries all day and the bags suck the oils right out of my finger tips. This restores moisture quite nicely, even when I also use alcohol based hand sanitizer. When I use up my other hand creams I will be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely one of the best hand and nail creams on the market today. I've tried so many that I was thrilled to have found this product. I get weekly manicures which has made my nails very dry, to the point where my manicurist told me not to put polish on for about a month. I purchased this cream and used it over the course of that month, and my nails have never looked better or stronger. The moisture is perfect for daytime, as it absorbs quickly yet leaves hand soft and smooth. I love that it comes in a travel size, which I always keep in my handbag. I also have the large size for home use. I can't live without this cream and am thrilled that Clarins did it again. Note that I wear Clarins SPF 40, which doesn't contain anything else but the SPF, over the product when I go outside. Clarins also sells the hand lotion with SPF 15, but I'm fair and need more SPF than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by acwires

I bought a 4 pack of this from the duty free in London's Heathrow before a transatlantic flight. The luxury of something nice-smelling and moisturising on a plane!

The texture is rich and the immediate delicate orange scent hits you straight out of the tube. Rich enough to keep the cuticles of a prolific hand-washer happy - this is a big deal for me.

My only scruples come with effectively getting out the last fifth of a tube without cutting it open, which is a bit of a bore if you're on the go, and is almost not worth the bother unless you're at home.

It's fairly expensive for something you will wash off many times in a day, but as a treat, I believe it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

PROS
fragranced if you like this fragrance
absorbs quickly
easy to squirt out of the tube
good for people who remember to moisturize their hands before they get cracks and skin splits
a good gift

CONS
not rich enough for my scaly hands
fragrance- you may not like the smell
not that effective if you have very dry skin around your cuticle area
not that helpful by the time cracks and splits have appeared on your hands

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by AA1970

HG handcream. I always end up buying this handcream again. Sometimes I try other brands, but nothing absorbs so quickly as this one. I don't mind the smell at all. To be honest, I love it. It smells a bit like oranges and mandarines... :-)