December 21, 2014 | 868 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by mlyavull

I absolutely love this! I was a little unsure at first because I use a heavier foundation and this seemed pretty light, but after using it I am completely sold! My skin has become so much better just after using this product! Breakouts are very minor and so much better than I have had in the past. It feels great on and keeps my oil at bay all day long! It is winter for me, so it will be interesting to see how it holds up in the summer. Definitely can see dry spots, so you want to be moisturized prior to use. Hands down my go to! Your skin is your bodies largest organ, why not spend the money on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by flaca70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simply.... fantastic. I bought this product after reading so many positive reviews. I use the Sisley creams (night and day) and was curious to try also the makeup. This foundation is perfect, I am the kind of person who absolutely drinks makeup (after max 2 hrs disappears) and with this foundation I noticed that now it remains all day!!!! the texture is fantastic, I took a 3+ colour. then just add my Guerlain terracotta, some blush and I am ready! I would absolutey buy this again it is pricey (like all Sisley products) but I feel that it worsk on me and is also good for the skin. I suggest you to try it well before purchasing for the colour. You can ask to Sephora to have a sample and try it some days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Concealergeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think my search is over. This is my HG foundation. I have used it for two moths and I cannot be happier. I think is perfect for a skin like mine: oily combination, no acne but pimples and hormonal breakouts and starting ageing. The coverage is on the light side, so no suitable for covering major problems. It stays in place for 8 hours and it does not emphasise pores. What else can I ask? The colour range is bad though. I was lucky to fit in 4 , but most of the shades have pink undertones, which is a problem for me. It is expensive , but worth every euro. I have wasted so much money on foundations that did not work that I feel this is a good investment. Will repurchase forever. Please, don't discontinue it!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by puxa

I've been using this foundation for more than 10 years and each time I decide to try something new I keep going back to it. The color (I use no.2) is perfect for my skin tone and it gives my a flawless complexion. It has excellent lasting power and glides on smoothly. My acne-prone skin has never broke out and it's like a second skin. I hate the glass bottle (which makes it inconvenient for traveling) and its pricey... But worth every penny for the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by andreeadriana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After almost a month of using this I can't say I'm too impressed. I bought this in Ivory and it matches my skin tone very nicely, but that's the only positive thing about it. My main problem with this product is that it makes my skin gradually more congested and inflamed, and it's definitely made my acne worse. I don't like the oily-powdery texture on my face, and that combined with the ever-growing number of inflamed cysts is making me very disappointed with this foundation. Unfortunately I still haven't accepted the fact that I paid £60 for this product so I keep using it with different moisturisers, primers or powders in the hope that it will be a little more forgiving for my skin. Time to go back to Transmat i think...
Edit: thanks to my hormones normalising a bit this foundation works a lot better for me now that my skin isn't nearly as oily as it used to be. I'm on my 4th bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by carcas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to take up the hunt for my HG foundation again (you know how it goes), and the reviews were so good that I couldn't not try this one. I had been using the MUFE HD, only at times when I wanted to look more polished, or when my skin was acting up. At the time I decided to try this, my skin was not super (various dark spots, whiteheads, uneven in general), so I found myself leaning on the MUFE more and more, and liking it less and less (the texture change towards the end of the day, the reddish oxidation, and the suspicion that it was not helping my clogged pores any).

I visited the Sisley counter at Neiman's and got color matched. Right away I was impressed. The texture going on was unlike any foundation I'd ever tried- very smooth, and very ight-feeling. It was a medium weight, and only a small amount was required. The immediate effect was like someone had taken the blur tool to my skin- it looked perfect, with a very natural, barely velvety finish. The rep "oohed" and "aahed" - and while I'm usually not taken in by sales reps' enthusiasm, I felt it was actually warranted this time. I requested two sample packets to take home and try over the next couple of weeks. She had used a brush to apply, I wanted to try with my own brushes, my fingers, etc., with my own moisturizer, etc etc.

The only problem turned out to be the color. In the store, it was perfect as perfect can be. If only I lived out my life inside Neiman Marcus! Outside, it had a slightly reddish cast (my color was Sand 2+), but I decided to give it a chance, experimenting with different applications, etc. After 2 weeks, I found that it was perfect in every way...but the color just looked off, which obviously defeats the whole purpose. In some light (indoor lighting, and even flash photographs) it looked great, but in natural, outdoor light, it was obviously not a perfect match. I even went into Neiman's again, determined not to give up, and tried the next shades up and down, which were immediately too light and too dark, respectively. Hell, I even tried the same shade from the tester bottle again, hoping that the packets were somehow a fluke and had been sitting too long- but when I walked out of the store to check it out in daylight, it still wasn't right. BUMMER.

Conclusion: I LOVE the formulation - I would have happily paid the hefty price tag if I had found the perfect color match. Unfortunately, their range is just not as fine tuned as it could be, in my opinion. The "+" shades are meant to have yellowish vs pinkish undertones, but I found my closest match in that category to be too ruddy to look natural on me.

Recommendation: If foundation is something you wear every day, don't be put off by the price- it's totally worth it if you find the right color. But absolutely, as common sense dictates with any foundation or perfume, wear it for at least a full day before deciding.

*The packets I got each lasted a good week each, and I could have gotten more out of them if I'd tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best!!! Been using now for 5-7 months, makes your skin look younger! Looks better as the day goes on too! Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Lynne3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best foundation available. It goes on beautifully and actually looks even better as the day goes on. It is quite expensive, but so worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by drok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, this is not a foundation, this is a tinted moisturizer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by bearo6321

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation on my combo, slightly sensitive, slightly aging skin. With oil free moisturiser, a good primer and a touch of setting powder this stuff will last all day (it passed the wedding day test!) and will just seem to look better and better. I work in a plastic surgery clinic so having nice looking skin (without caked on makeup) is necessary. Patients are endlessly complementing me on my skin, and really I can't take all the credit for it.

I like the pump, even though it will sometimes become clogged at the tip and makeup will shoot out in random directions. I also find it oxidises slightly with a base of SPF under it (which really is essential for daytime usage) and I do wish it was less expensive, but for now I'm happy to keep repurchasing, and hoping it doesn't get discontinued.