Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 6/18/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have repurchase this product soo many times because it has never failed me. But that doesn't mean it's a success.. I have acne and whenever I use this I don't see much difference. But if I use a product that has broken me out I will use this and it will bring it back to normal. It doesn't really help acne but it sorta prevents anything really bad from happening.

on 6/6/2015 9:14:00 AM

Before using this product my aging, acne driven, combination, inflamed skin was terrible. I made some serious changes to diet, and overall health before trying this product. I've paid 5x this for other cleansers, organic cleansers, brushes, masks, facials. This one product cleaned my skin gently enough to eliminate my acne. Previously each product I used was foaming in some way, this is the first lotion cleanser I can recall ever using. In short, I hardly have any breakouts now, cystic acne has all but disappeared and my skin looks better than ever. Not every product is for every person, but in my case, and that of my teenage daughter, this facial cleanser is the best we've ever used.

on 6/1/2015 12:02:00 AM

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Every single time you read anything about acne or sensitive skin, cetaphil is mentioned. Not sure why, I'm the poster child for acne prone and extremely oily sensitive skin ;( This did absolutely nothing for. It made my face feel dirty like I hadn't washed it properly. Depending on the time of the month (skin is extra sensitive during cycle) it would cause a sting on my face. Would not ever use again.

I tried this for a long time. Really tried.
It just made my skin worse and worse, i do not get on with Cetaphil products.
Instead of going on and on about what its consistency is or how to use it, I will recommend something better that has actually cleared my skin up, moisturises and keeps my oil in check.
Buy Epaderm.
It is sold as an eczema treatment/psoriasis treatment, but it has completely cleared my skin up, i look like i did as a child. Stick with it for a month. Apply a tiny amount of this wax with warm water it turns into a lather and massage into face (with makeup on) then take it off with a warm/hot flannel and wash the rest off your face if you need to. This is the miracle cleanser you need.

on 5/20/2015 7:16:00 AM

I personally like this product, i feel it does kind of dry your face out though and i wouldnt recommened it without other products, i have oily skin and i have seen a small improvement, i have been using this every night with two other products and HARDLY ever get pimples!

on 5/12/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this previously with my Clarisonic and left a bad review because I hated this stuff. I decided to give this stuff another try, without my Clarisonic, and have had great success. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this cleans your face and helps keep you shine free and oil free all day without stripping the skin or irritating it. It hasn't had really any affect on my breakouts, but I haven't had any popping up so that is a good sign. This doesn't really lather up much but it still leaves your face feeling clean. It has a slight fragrance. I would recommend this to people with oily/acne prone skin who want a gentle cleanser.

I had a really bad break out issue after I had my son. Horrible. Cystic acne all over my cheeks and chin. sigh. Anyways, I bought Aveeno Clear Complexion, made it way worse, Neutrogena Oil Free acne wash, dried out so frigging bad it hurt, Clean and Clear, and a host of others I bought at Sophora thinking it would fix it and nada. Soooo bought this after doing some research and reading reviews and holy crap this stuff is amazing! Makes my skin soooo soft and clean. Never dries it out. This paired with their moisturizer, Simple toner and my Green Tea scrub has made my skin nicer than I think I have ever seen it :D Never caused me to break out either ! Love love ! Will repurchase this stuff forever

on 3/15/2015 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. For my oily/acne prone skin, this is the perfect cleanser for my face, as it's gentle and does a great job cleaning my skin without making it feel very tight and dry. I use it night and day and have been using it for about 5+ years. Prior to using this Cetaphil cleanser, I was using a variety of products - none of which I felt as satisfied using.

Pros:
- It cleans my skin thoroughly
- Scent is light, not overpowering
- You don't need too much to get a good clean; bottles last a long time as a result
- My skin isn't left very tight or dry after I wash it off
- Product rinses off completely - no film left behind

Cons:
- It's on the pricier side, so I tend to wait til it's on sale and buy in bulk
- If you prefer cleansers that foam, bubble, etc., you won't like this one
- It *could* be a little drying for certain people - purchase a small bottle or use some from a friend before deciding to invest in a larger one. My brother (who has oily skin) didn't like this product - felt it was too drying for his skin, yet my sister (who also has oily skin) absolutely loves this stuff.

on 3/2/2015 2:22:00 AM

just tried this today after buying it a month or 2 ago, the only good thing I can say about it is the packaging and size, which is a good value. it has a smell to it that smells like the rubber cement I used to use in grade school for arts and crafts, its disgusting. I lost the receipt so I can't return it, hopefully my brother can use it and if not, I will use it to wash my makeup or hair brushes