August 20, 2014 | 2044 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mp1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, this isn't bad foundation, in no way. But I did buy it based on reviews that it was good on dry skin. Well let me tell you - it's not. I guess no foundation will ever be. Foundation is just going to do that - bring out the flakey bits in your dry skin and Double Wear does just that, just like the Revlon Colorstay foundation I've used before, which by the way is also pretty good, but less than half the price.
Double Wear is light and easy to apply.
It covers the skin well and lasts long. Does it cover blemishes completely? No. Again, that was one of the reasons I bought it, but the truth is, I was probably looking for something too good to be true. Only concealer will be able to truly cover up spots.
I like the Double Wear - I'll be definitely using it until I run out. And may or may not buy again depending on what else comes to market in the meantime.
The price could be lower. I believe 50% of what you pay for here is purely the brand name, not the quality of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Joany123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using this foundation about three years ago and haven't looked back! I have oily - combination skin, so prior to this, any foundation i would use would usually need to be re-applied two or three times throughout the day. But with Double Wear, I can put on my foundation in the morning and know it will still be completely in tact until I take it off at night. I know it's a bit pricey, but for this reason, I don't mind paying a bit more. Only having to apply it once a day (and due to the consistency of it, a little goes a long way!) means that it lasts at least two months before I have to buy another bottle. Also, the bottle itself is very sturdy. There's no chance of this bottle breaking - which I've seen happen with cheaper bottles. However, it would be more handy if the bottle had a pump. Possibly the only downside I can think of to this foundation. I apply it with my fingertips, as using a brush can leave lines on your face due to how thick it is.

All in all, I genuinely don't know what I'd do with out this foundation - It's a God send!!
Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for full, long-lasting coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by itsglamourose

I love the coverage I get with this foundation and it really stays all day long. It didn't even budge when I went to a water park! Only complaint is the bottle with no pump! It's so creamy that I need to use a qtip to get the product out of the bottle. I got it during the estee lauder warehouse sale at $12 so it's really worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

i dont like this foundation at all.. somebody bought it for me after he mistaked it for double wear camouflage (which is my HG fav foundation) ...he bought it on colour 05 shell beige,because thats the number i told him to buy (but for dw camouflage not for this)
its a very big difference between this foundations 05 colour and dw's camouflage colour 05 but colour is not the only problem here..while dw camouflage's colour looks like natural and gives you nice complexion,this foundation's colour looks very unnatural,like you had put mud on your face,very orangeish and extremly dull ..it doesnt cover my opened pores,even if i put a moisturizing cream..its just very dryish on the face..if you put clay mask on your face,thats the exact feeling of drying ,and skin tightening you get with this foundation..its very unconfortable for me to wear even if you put moisturizer,and keep in mind i got oily skin..on top of that the coverage is mediocre..i dont have acne but i have pigmented spots left by acne ..they arent that pigmented but this foundation its not able to cover them with one layer..you have to put two layers,which would make your make up look more fake and more heavy..i havent used for more than 1 hour,cause i would be ashamed to go out with this foundation on my face,so i dont know if it gives you acne..since its so dryish and sticks on the skin, im sure this foundation is long wearing and stay all day which is the only plus (well that what they claim it does after all)
i would also like to mention my skintone is fair-medium
overall ,this foundation didnt make me try a lighter shade for the reasons mentioned above..too dryish and too dull,mediocre covering..i dont recommand it because its not cheap either ,there are better drugstores alternatives than this,which gives better results

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ARLOPEZ324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is without a doubt my HG foundation. I would not put any other foundation on my face. I have very sensative and acne-prone skin and this is the only foundation that perfectly matches my skin tone while covering my acne scars AND it doesn't break me out. It also feels very light weight. It is pricey, but for me it's worth it. There is no pump, so you have to pour it out on your fingers/brush/beauty blender which kind of sucks but whatever. I love love love this foundation and I will keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by koko127

This has been my favorite foundation so far. I used to have a lot of break outs, but now that my skin is clear, I'm still left with alot of acne scars on my face, and this foundation does a good job of covering them, and it certainly does stay on all day. I've had it on for over 12 hours many times and at the end of the day it still hadn't budged (with and without powder). You do have to work fast with it because it dries very quickly on the skin. It looks very streaky when I don't blend it out right away, which is super annoying, because it really does NOT move once dried. It also tends to be streaky when my face is not moisturized. One layer pretty much covers everything, but you can still add more to any thing you want to cover, just remember not to use too much or else it would look cakey.

The price is acceptable, since it is a high-end product, and it lasts quite a long time for me. The only downside to this product would be the opening of the bottle, since it doesn't come with a pump and it's hard to control the amount of product coming out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

This used to be my HG foundation. I wore it from when I was 17 (until 22) because it was the only thing that closely matched my skin colour and didn't break me out. It often accentuates my dry patches and dermatitis, but it lasts all day with minimal transfer and fading - so it still won out for me. I'd probably purchase again if EL was cruelty free just because it was the least sh*t looking foundation on my skin I've been able to find yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by nectarines

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Massively disappointed with this foundation. I have very pale skin, with red cheeks, acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and chin. I have oily skin, and large pores, so it's hard finding something which is light enough for my skin tone, but offers a full coverage to disguise my flaws, whilst controlling my oily skin. I read all the glowing reviews of this product and watched videos on YouTube raving about it, so thought I'd give it a go. "You'll become addicted to this product", the lady at the EL counter in Boots told me...

There is a good range of colours, and the shade I have does suit my skin quite nicely....until it oxidises and turns orange! I found it hard to get a good coverage with this product, and found that even after 2 hours I had to reapply it, especially in the areas of my face where I have large pores, as it had sunk into the pores but worn off my actual skin. At first, I wondered if it was just my technique, but after applying it with a sponge, brush and even my fingers I still experience the same thing.

I achieve much better results with my £10 Bourjois foundation, which I will be sticking with in future!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by sofgrove

I recently decided to buy a high end foundation as I was sick of wasting money on drugstore foundations that didn't work well or last long on my skin.
After watching many reviews on Estee Lauder double wear I decided to take the plunge and buy it and I'm so glad I did. Although this foundation is quite pricey (I bought mine for £28.50 from House Of Fraser, which seemed to be the cheapest one out there) it is well worth the money. To start with, I love the packaging as it doesn't look cheap and the bottle isn't bulky so it fits in your makeup bag nicely. It doesn't have a pump dispenser, which a lot of people seem to mind, but honestly, I don't. If you tip it slowly you can get just the right amount of liquid out. The foundation is quite runny so when you apply it, it is easy to blend all over the face without it going streaky. The only negative thing about applying the foundation is that it does start to dry quite quickly so if you tend to dot foundations around your face before blending, then it will start to dry before you get a chance to move it. This isn't a problem if you do it bit by bit and blending as you go. It stays on ALL day so if you have to get up early and want that flawless look from morning till night then this is for you! This foundation really does 'stay in place' throughout daily activities. For example I have exercised and been on bike rides in this foundation and although I expected it to have gone a bit shiney or loose, it hasn't.
For years I tried a bunch of different foundations and got really frustrated when I looked in the mirror after a long day out (to college and back) and it had sunk into my skin and my pores looked terrible! However I am so happy that I have finally found a foundation that doesn't give me this problem. Although this product does make it obvious you are wearing foundation because it is such good coverage, it really sits well on top of your skin and does not budge or show your pores, therefore I do not feel the need for primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by roseate1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful flawless stayed looking clean and fresh for 8 hours of high humidity and 98 degree weather! Love love love it!