December 21, 2014 | 1312 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner was truely awful for my coloured medium brown hair. I left it on for around 5 mins as suggested on the back of the tube, thinking it would be a good way to keep my hair coloured without the need to resort to dyes. Well sadly it didnt work out for me! It left my hair sooooo dry, matted and frizzy! I had to condition my hair like crazy afterwards to try and restore it back to normality. It did deposit some colour, but it wasnt very nice, much like an ashy dull brown (my hair is quite a warm golden brown) and I couldnt wait for it to wash out! This is my only experience with the Aveda brand so I cant comment on the rest of their ranges, but after this I dont think i will be trying anything else considering the expense!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ababyduckwaslost

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this when I went through a "I hate being a red head" phase in freshman year and I convinced my parents to let me dye my hair brown. Since then I have grown to love my fiery hair, but when I did dye it my mom bought me some good products so I would not burn all of it off. I noticed when I use this conditioner my hair was better...like it had subtle highlight and was very healthy. I could go longer with out getting split ends and needing to go for trim.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

This is a very excellent conditioner for colored and natural brunettes alike. It really does help to preserve color and deposits some color as well. For that reason though you do need to be careful and wash your hands immediately applying it as it can stain skin and lighter nail colors as well as leaving a stain on the shower floor.

I saw amazing results with this conditioner, my hair was so shiny, soft and manageable. It's a light conditioner though so I think it wouldn't work quite as well for those with a drier type hair.

As much as I loved it I won;t be repurchasing as I am no longer brunette (I've gone blonde) however I would highly recommend it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by upandown

I have black, asian hair that's lightened to a level 5 ash brown hair. I've gotten some serious brassiness going on in my hair and picked this up hoping that the color would deposit and cover up my brassy tones. It didn't...at all. Literally no color deposited on my hair, even when used on clarified hair. It left my hair very dry as well. Definitely a disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by superblooper

I have natural, uncolored light brown hair and I didn't notice a difference in my hair color at all, even after using this every day for a week. The smell is strong, but not unpleasant and the consistency is pretty thick. It's not so great as a conditioner, I have more split ends in my hair than ever. I'm kind of bummed because I bought this and the madder root color conditioners and neither made a noticeable impact on my hair at all.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only "colour" conditioner I've tried that really works. I get my hair coloured about every 6 weeks and the colour fades badly between colouring, but using this conditioner about once a week keeps the colour rich. You have to use it carefully because it will stain grout and sealant if not rinsed off quickly, and it definitely discolours towels. I use a richer conditioner on my ends before applying this product, as it is only average at conditioning, but the colour effect is excellent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cmartin30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! Tones down brassiness and brings out brunette tones. Only used this once so it can only get better. I read about it staining hands and towels. Not true. Didn't happen. Put IT in the palm of your hand and on your hair. Great stuff and remember you get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by awong1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!! Brought my brassy orange hair back to a beautiful brunette color. I mix it with a bit of Black Malva to tone down the brass, and it's a great result.
Definitely prolongs the amount of time needed between colorings.
As a conditioner, does not moisturize as fully as others, so I mix it with some deep conditioner.
Works great - highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by newtomakeup77

I love this product. I get my hair colored every 6-8 weeks (semi-permanent). I use this once or twice a week in between visits to the salon to keep my color looking fresh. I find it doesn't cover greys, but makes them blend; they are probably less noticeable because my overall color looks better. It does stain skin and fabric, and while I was aware of my hands and my shower the first time I used it, I forgot about my back! The next time, I wet my hair, applied it outside of the shower with a towel around my neck, so my back didn't get stained, and let it sit for 20 minutes. The results were beautiful!!! I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product if you have brown hair that's beginning to get first greys. I like my natural hair colour - it's a dark chestnut brown but for the last few years I've started to notice a few white hairs, especially around my temples. I have enough now that they bother me but I hated the idea of dying my hair and saying goodbye to my natural shade permanently. The think I hate most about the white hairs is that they are a kind of yellow - tinged white and look awful against my fair skin. This product is great for blending in those hairs and making me look like I just have some natural highlights, whilst maintaining my own shade. I apply and then rinse after a few minutes and this both gives my hair a nice warm boost and turns those white hairs a light golden shade so that they blend in completely and look much better. I should point out that I don't have many white hairs - I know that as I get older this conditioner simply won't be enough to do the trick and I'll have to cave in and have it coloured, but I do feel that this product has bought me another few years before having to do that! I wish this were slightly more conditioning - I don't use it every time I shampoo simply because my hair sometimes needs something a bit heavier and richer - this is a very light product. It has a strong lavender scent - it's not really my personal favourite but it does smell natural and fresh and disappears anyway once the hair is dry.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No