Palmer's Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Orange 4 CI 15510

on 6/16/2015 12:16:00 AM

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE TUB OF BUTTER, not the lotion.
This stuff trumps my Cetaphil every day and twice on Sunday. I use it and Vaseline, which not only calms my skin BUT with only a small amount, absorbs fast and makes my skin like satin. I don't care for the lotion--the fragrance is overwhelming--but the tub of butter doesn't smell like a cocoa bomb and actually works much more effectively.
I recommend for sensitive skin that doesn't like heavy creams and smelly lotions at a totally reasonable price. I can't believe I almost passed on this because I never used a buttery skin therapy before. But simple is often better, which is why I returned to good old petroleum jelly and this light, miraculous, lightly scented butter tub.
I LOVE it! I'm so thrilled that I want to stand on a mountain shouting praises to Palmer's, but I'd look like an idiot.

on 4/30/2015 2:26:00 PM

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E body lotion is a great product for dry/very dry skin. It has a very thick, almost custard-like consistency and really made my skin 'velvety soft' as it says on the label. My sensitive skin took well to this formula, however I found it a little too oily to wear on my face, as I have extremely acne-prone skin. It is also a little sticky for the first 10 minutes, but that will pass. A little definitely goes a long way and is great value for money. However, as the lotion is so thick, a bottle is probably not the best packaging as it is extremely difficult to get the cream out. I think in this case a tub would be a better option for packaging but all in all this is a great, valuable lotion that I will buy again! x

on 3/25/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because I'm pregnant and I was hoping it would work on my stretch marks. It didn't. In fact, I had a crap ton of stretch marks after I used it (I don't know if that's related to the actual lotion) I think this moisturizer is actually really good for moisturizing and hydrating the skin, I just don't think it works for what they're advertising it for. The smell I don't mind so much. I actually really love it. I don't find it too greasy either but I think that might be because it's still cold here and feels winter-y in Canada. I think the price is kind of steep for what you're getting but maybe that is just me. Overall, if you're pregnant and you're looking for. Good stretch mark lotion, don't get this. It won't do anything. But if you're looking for something to hydrate your skin then this might just work for you.

on 3/19/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this for my legs i was travelling and I needed something cheap. I didn't like this product in fact I threw it away. The smell isn't so bad it didn't bother me but I could've done without it. I was travelling somewhere ridiculously hot, it felt too greasy and with the heat it was just disgusting and oily and I don't even have dry skin so I don't know why I got it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

smells amazing and one tub will last your for a long timeee. works on dry crack heels

It has fragrance ugh.My skin is very very sensitive and it gets irritated so easily.I don't like the smell.It is WAY too strong!

I wouldn't buy this again...I'll just use vaseline.

on 2/7/2015 10:24:00 AM

What a great moisturizer!

I absolutely adore the chocolate smell, it is quite strong but not overpowering (in my opinion) so if you don't like sweet chocolatey scents you might want to avoid it. The lotion is very thick and takes a little longer to absorb than other lotions but it is completely worth it because it is so moisturizing. If you have dry skin anywhere on your body, this will work. My skin isn't dry, but my sister sometimes gets little scaley bits on her legs. This works really well for her, her legs look a lot smoother pretty much straight after application. Use it once a day, and any dry patches will disappear. I don't find it to be stick or greasy on my body, but I don't really like it on my hands. I usually wash my hands after using it, but it feels absolutely fine on my body. Must just be me. Very cheap, really easy to find, and very good quality. As long as you don't mind sweet smells because you can smell it for a while after application (which is definitely not a bad thing!) then I would definitely recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this product. It sinks in immediately after application, and the smell is divine. It doesn't linger for too long, but leaves a subtle chocolatey smell afterwards. My favorite part about this product is that it doesn't leave a greasy film, it's "matte" on your skin right after you use it. My favorite lotion! Others I like are Cerave (this leaves a weird film afterwards though) and Vanicream.

on 1/13/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. In all honestly I have never liked 'chocolate' or sweet smelling products at all, however this smells absolutely wonderful. It comes off strong from the bottle, but once applied it is quite subtle and not at all sickly. The main reason I absolutely love this though is because of how soft it leaves your skin. The consistency is thick, which I adore. When used alongside the palmers cocoa butter oil, it leaves your skin feeling like a baby's backside. It is amazing. I used to buy all sorts of expensive, nuxe, l'occitaine, you name it products not being aware of the fact that this was just as good but a much more cheaper price! I will definitely be buying this again. The only downside to this product is that once it is almost used up, it is pretty much impossible to squeeze the remaining lotion out! This has to be my favorite body butter of all time.

I like this very much! I bought it mainly for my legs. the skin on my legs is dry and flaky due to daily shaving n i am the type of person who easily attract mosquitoes and insects bites. the bites always leave scars after recovery. daily shaving is the main cause to make my skin getting more sensitive and that causes itchy and scratch marks. i bought a small trial bottle as i have read some reviews that it helps to moisturise dry skin. it really does an amazing job by just a little application-my legs are soft and silky and less itchiness! no more flaky skin and it soothes the tightness feeling due to dryness! even after shower, i can still feel the effect of smoothness and still so soft to touch. it also fades the scars and uneven skin tone. the scent of it is very chocolatey and vanilla sweetness.i feel like 'eating it' whenever i use it. the scent lasts for whole day as if i have used deodorant or perfume. reasonably priced and does what it promises! a very wonderful and promising product!