April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmers - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use a lot of body cream , lotion or gel because I hydrate my whole body everyday after my shower. I usually feel pretty meh about most of the lotion because there's so much lotion that I'm absolutely not faithfull to one product. However, this product is different! It's amazing!

I really love it and I hope I will find it again because I find it hard to find here in Quebec city.

Really moisturizing, intoxicating cocoa smell, really little price...what's not to love!

It's really a good product and one I will purchase again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been purchasing the Palmer's for years, and just love this stuff. I love the smell, and it makes your skin like silk. A definite staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by becky39

I've been using the Palmers Cocoa Butter stick for lips for years and love it, I started reading reviews on other Palmers products and was intrigued by the lotion. I picked up the lotion yesterday at CVS for about $9.00, a good value IMO. The lotion is nice and thick and smells wonderful! I had just showered and shaved my legs when I decided to take the lotion for a spin, it is great!! My usually lizard like legs were very moisturized and silky soft, they of course smelled wonderful too! I used is on my arms and hands and was again thrilled with the results, I actually went back to CVS and bought another bottle to keep in the car. I asked my 12 year old if I smelled bad and he sniffed and said "Yummmmm, cocoa butter!" he knows the smell from the cocoa butter stick we use for lips, so I guess the scent is not terribly offensive. :o) I don't however like the cocoa butter in the tub, the smell is off....too flowery not strait cocoa butter.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by CamillesNails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had used the Palmer's that comes in a tub once at my mom's house and thought it was too thick, but this stuff in the pump is fabulous!
I don't always moisturize because I dislike the oily residue that many lotions and body butters leave on my skin, but after a recent surgery, my skin was so dry it was driving me nuts--plus I have a big old scar on my wrist that I hoped might be helped by this product.
From the first time I used the lotion, I was in love! It spread easily and didn't require half an hour of rubbing and massaging to disappear. There was no reside and a fresh cocoa smell that I really like. I even started using it as a facial moisturizer since I can't find one that I like. To my surprise, it's fabulous on my face as well and this month I didn't have a single pimple when Aunt Flo came.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kyoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a bit of a skin condition—extremely dry dark patches on the back of my neck and a bit on my torso that can end up feeling like sandpaper if I don’t lotion consistently.. I have medicated cream for this and it does work but I hate using it because it has a strong odor (being medicated and all) and it doesn’t really absorb in the skin—it kind of sits on top of the skin and rubs all over my clothes. I hate using it during the day because the nasty smell lingers, and I hate using it during the evening because if I sit, lay down, etc. it gets all over my pillow. So I resorted to using Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion which worked pretty well but wasn’t the best for the rash. Also have uneven skin tone on my arms, and pretty dry skin on my legs. I’m from Minnesota so the air is always dry, unfortunately
My friend introduced me to Palmer’s Coco Butter line and I have been hooked since. It has definitely improved my horrible rash, as well as evened out my skin tone all over my body. It is very inexpensive and smells great without being too overpowering. It isn’t greasy and absorbs right into the skin. I highly recommend this product!
The only drawback is the crappy bottle it comes in. Very hard to squeeze lotion out. I just took a pump from a different lotion, cleaned it out, and use it for my Palmer’s lotion. Works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by missmills

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My all time favourite moisturiser - have used it for years. Used it when I was pregnant and have only a couple of tiny faint lines on my lower abdomen region. Makes your skin so soft and smells delicious.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my fail-safe moisturiser that I just keep coming back to again and again over the years. The formula is super rich, which is perfect for my ultra-dry, eczema-prone skin. My skin is so dry that I HAVE to moisturise my entire body every day when I come out of the shower, and only this seems to do the trick and not leave my skin feeling sandpapery before the next day. It smells of chocolate and I love the scent, but you can buy it in unscented.

As for stretch mark fading properties, they are AWESOME. This product evens my skin tone and fades stretch marks and scars like nothing else. I even use it on my face - yes, my face - sometimes to fade stubborn acne scarring and the results are pretty incredible! Doesn't cause breakouts or irritation on my super sensitive skin, either.

My only two gripes are the bottle, which is always terrible no matter whether you buy the squeeze top or pump, and the fact that this contains pretty cheap and crappy ingredients such as mineral oil, palm oil and Methylisothiazolinone (MI). If Palmer's could get rid of those nasties I could stop searching for a friendlier moisturiser that equals this one's toning properties.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by saraminebowen

This product gave me a terrible rash on my chest and arms. I've never experienced anything like it. I'm disappointed because it did seem to moisturize well, but it's obviously not worth uncomfortable rashes. It was also inexpensive, which was a plus for me. All in all, I won't be purchasing this product again because of the rash it gave me. Didn't notice any fading of stretch marks, but I only used it for a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've seen the Palmer's brand products in stores but never really gave much thought to try any until this year. I was on the lookout for a nice moisturizing body lotion since this time of year my skin becomes awfully dry and itchy. I can never stay moisturized enough by using standard lotions it seemed. I found a bottle of this cocoa butter lotion at Rite Aid and decided to give it try. I've used this bottle up in less than a couple months and really enjoyed it. This is fairly thick for a lotion and so this was deeply moisturized and was able to stay that day for most of the day. It felt heavenly on my skin and kept the dry winter itchiness at bay. There is a strong cocoa scent to this product (as one might expect) and must be stronger than I thought, since when I would apply this DH in the next room over would call out that I smelled yummy lol. I admit to not being a huge fan of cocoa/chocolate scented products as they tend to come off as too artificial or plasticy most of the time for me, but this wasn't too unpleasant I found. My one and only real qualm with this product is the damn bottle. The bottle is the fairly typical plastic bottle with a flip open top and you turn it upside down to squeeze the lotion out. This mostly works for typical runny type lotions, but this one is wayyy too thick for that. I think it would do better in a tub like most body butters, or a more easy to use bottle. I really had to strain my hand strength at times to squeeze product out. Other than that this is a recommended affordable body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very very dry skin, esp on my legs, this provides amazing relief from my flaky skin and I used this every day on my growing pregnant belly and didn't get one stretch mark, I truly believe that I have this product to thank for that.