Palmer's Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Orange 4 CI 15510

on 8/20/2015 12:37:00 PM

I'm been using this lotion on and off for over ten years now. I initially got it because of stretch marks as a growing teenager. It doesn't do anything to minimize the appearance of stretch marks once they've already developed, and mine had already faded to a light tan so I can't comment on if this lotion helps with that.

I love this lotion. It's cheap, moisturizing, and doesn't leave my skin greasy. My hands are dry to touch as soon as I smooth this in and it doesn't cause grease smears when I'm using my iPad. They've changed the fragrance of this within the last few years. It used to have a very natural, very edible-smelling light vanilla/chocolate perfume but now it smells acidic on my skin. It's still a chocolately smell, but it smells more sickeningly sweet and strong now. I keep this by my desk to keep my hands soft and use it on my legs and arms. The lotion is very thick, having a consistency close to toothpaste or thick cake batter. I keep the bottle inverted so that I don't have to whack the end of it like a ketchup bottle to get the lotion out, but even like this it takes a lot of effort to get out when the bottle starts getting empty. I even use this on my face during the drier winter months. This thing never fails to get rid of dry patches, hang nails, and scaly skin when I use faithfully it for more than a week. It's never broken me out or caused any irritation or itching.

My husband had a large rash on his leg caused by a gym injury (he scraped his shins with the barbell and it got inflamed and pretty infected). I bought him a bottle of this and it was able to soothe the skin and heal up with daily use after a couple of weeks. He had previously been putting cortisol cream on the rash which did little for the itching and did nothing to help the rash heal. I swear, as long as you're not sensitive to anything in the fragrance, it is the most gentle lotion ever.

If this had SPF, it would be the perfect lotion for me. I get wooed and wowed by new lotions and scents but will always come back to this because it works so well. I've been rebuying for over a decade now and I don't see any reason to stop. I wish they would go back to the old scent, but the new scent won't keep me from using this.

$6 for 8.5 oz.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cocoa Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 (CL 19140), Orange 4 (CL 15510).

on 8/13/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Palmer's is a classic! It is inexpensive and smells just like chocolate. Their Cocoa Butter Formula is very thick, a little goes a long way, and it absorbs into the skin very quickly so you are left with a lot of hydration but no greasy skin. I love this product and will continue to use it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is great for my skin and I love the smell it has!

on 7/22/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this lotion for over 20 years and I LOVE IT it smells like chocolate to me, and a lot of people who have smelled this on me have asked me why I smell like chocolate, what girl doesn't love chocolate right!!! Anyways I used his through the pregnancy of my daughter on my stomach and had no stretch marks and it helps tone skin and makes it SO SO soft! Also sometimes from dry skin we get those little bumps on the backs of our arms in the winter and this on a daily basis makes all those disappear I LOVE THIS STUFF and never use anything but this 💗💗

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This lotion softens and moisturizes my skin all day long. I really like using this on my feet, especially in the winter time. My only and I mean only complaint is the scent. I'm not crazy about the scent of cocoa butter, but it's not even to prevent me from purchasing this again, but I will be.

on 6/16/2015 12:16:00 AM

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE TUB OF BUTTER, not the lotion.
This stuff trumps my Cetaphil every day and twice on Sunday. I use it and Vaseline, which not only calms my skin BUT with only a small amount, absorbs fast and makes my skin like satin. I don't care for the lotion--the fragrance is overwhelming--but the tub of butter doesn't smell like a cocoa bomb and actually works much more effectively.
I recommend for sensitive skin that doesn't like heavy creams and smelly lotions at a totally reasonable price. I can't believe I almost passed on this because I never used a buttery skin therapy before. But simple is often better, which is why I returned to good old petroleum jelly and this light, miraculous, lightly scented butter tub.
I LOVE it! I'm so thrilled that I want to stand on a mountain shouting praises to Palmer's, but I'd look like an idiot.

on 4/30/2015 2:26:00 PM

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E body lotion is a great product for dry/very dry skin. It has a very thick, almost custard-like consistency and really made my skin 'velvety soft' as it says on the label. My sensitive skin took well to this formula, however I found it a little too oily to wear on my face, as I have extremely acne-prone skin. It is also a little sticky for the first 10 minutes, but that will pass. A little definitely goes a long way and is great value for money. However, as the lotion is so thick, a bottle is probably not the best packaging as it is extremely difficult to get the cream out. I think in this case a tub would be a better option for packaging but all in all this is a great, valuable lotion that I will buy again! x

on 3/25/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because I'm pregnant and I was hoping it would work on my stretch marks. It didn't. In fact, I had a crap ton of stretch marks after I used it (I don't know if that's related to the actual lotion) I think this moisturizer is actually really good for moisturizing and hydrating the skin, I just don't think it works for what they're advertising it for. The smell I don't mind so much. I actually really love it. I don't find it too greasy either but I think that might be because it's still cold here and feels winter-y in Canada. I think the price is kind of steep for what you're getting but maybe that is just me. Overall, if you're pregnant and you're looking for. Good stretch mark lotion, don't get this. It won't do anything. But if you're looking for something to hydrate your skin then this might just work for you.

on 3/19/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this for my legs i was travelling and I needed something cheap. I didn't like this product in fact I threw it away. The smell isn't so bad it didn't bother me but I could've done without it. I was travelling somewhere ridiculously hot, it felt too greasy and with the heat it was just disgusting and oily and I don't even have dry skin so I don't know why I got it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

smells amazing and one tub will last your for a long timeee. works on dry crack heels