April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Bronzer in Golden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by JillyBalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer. Love the colour and how evenly it applies. The only bronzer I bother purchasing anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

The price is okay for me because I have access to duty-free items; where this product costs approximately £16. I've listed the most notable points of this powder below:

*The FINISH is unobtrusive because it's talc-free. It doesn't accentuate the hairs on my face as I find happens with talc-based powders.
*There is GLITTER in this powder, but it is not an iridescent powder. The basic coloured powder itself; I would describe as satin/matte, but there is a dull type of glitter thrown in along with it, if that makes sense. The individual pieces of glitter themselves do not shine very much, but you can see small pieces of a dull, light gold. I find the glitter a redundant addition to the powder because it's not shimmery, making the powder seeming less even in daylight.
*It's BUILDS A LAYER OF OIL very easily on top; something I find to be unacceptable for a high-end powder. You can forget finger-swatching it or using a brush that isn't the cleanest.
*The COLOUR IS VERY SHEER. I am fair-skinned and I use this as a finishing powder! If I have no fake tan on then it warms up my skin tone, but if I have tan on then it works as a finishing powder. Therefore, this is not really a bronzer for me. I have amongst the fairest skin naturally and feel that it would be more worthwhile (and worth the money) having a more intensely-pigmented bronzing powder - if you wanted to have only a sheer wash of colour, you can use a more intense powder light-handedly. It's more efficient that way, as well...

Overall: what makes this a nice powder for me is that it's talc-free (nasty ingredient, in my opinion). The colour is nice as a finishing powder but I still find myself using Bourjois's Chocolate Bronzer (in light) to add depth... it cost me £5!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was one of the first bronzers I ever purchased, and I found the results to be typical MAC. Disastrously orange tinted that I am not sure how it would work on any skin tone! I tried applying the smallest amounts and still got the orange tint, as well as the melting cakey feeling on my oily skin. I also don't like how much it transferred and sparkled. Made it very hard to do anything without transferring your orange, sparkly, oily mess.

I never finished or came even halfway to finishing this bronzer. I now use Benefit Hoola which is a proper tan color with a matte finish. It also doesn't make my skin melt into an oily mess and I can use a small amount or highlight with it and it looks normal. I have also purchased Too Faced Tan Without the Twinkle. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I am looking forward to using it when I have a chance as it claims to have a shimmer free and sparkle free finish.

Overall there are so many other brands that make a much better bronzer than MAC. You don't turn orange and sparkly when you tan, so why would you buy an orange sparkly bronzer to highlight your face?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Iammelody

I love the shade on my skin ( CS Buff, CG 3n1 classic ivory), how it blends flawlessly and doesn't lean orange or muddy. This has been by far the best match for me as far as color goes. Benefit Hoola is 2nd runner up and I've been through many a trial and errors.

But I'm rating it a 3 for these reasons:

I don't like the glitter. A lot of people say that it doesn't show up on the skin, but I clearly see it. I see it in the mirror at home and I see it in the car mirror. If I can see it, everyone else can. Sure there isin't a lot of it, but I don't like glitter where I don't want it to be. In this case, on my face. I don't understand the appeal or the reason why glitter (not shimmer) is put in face products that are meant to be used on a daily basis.
I don't like the fact that after a few uses it becomes difficult to get it out of the pan. It seems to get hard and bumpy after the first few layers. I use the 187, but I've tried with denser brushes and it doesn't really make a difference.

I'll most probably buy it again, because despite the cons, the color is close to perfect on me. However the next best thing that comes along will be taking its place.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is power bronzer that comes as a compact. The packaging has a mirror which is handy when taking with you. The colour is quite subtle so would suit light and light to medium skin tones as might not show up much on darker skin. I like the colour since it doesn't look too obvious and orangey on my cool toned (NW20-25) skin. The product has some glitter in it when you look in the package, but when applied to the face the glitter is not seen it all. The bronzer looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all - this is a great bronzer. But unfortunately I'm too tanned to use it (I'm a NC25). It shows up on my skin, but it doesn't really do much of a different. I have to use such an amount that it can look a little cakey or unnatural. But for those fair skin ladies I would definitely recommend this! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by florencesophieallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good bronzer if you have fair skin. I am nw15, and this is a good match for me, it looks natural. I think the packaging is nice and the mirror inside is very handy. But seeing as you pay quite a lot I would expect nice packaging. Seems to last all day when I wear it. Easy to apply. The only reason I only gave it 4 is maybe because the texture is quite matte, but then that's what you get from a powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

This has been my bronzer of choice for the past couple of weeks. By no means is it perfect, the texture is a little chalky and I do have to really swirl my brush in the pan a couple of times to pick up some colour, but essentially, I love the 'golden' shade. It's actually impossible to over-apply this bronzer, which is great because sometimes I have a tendency to get a bit slap-happy with my brush. There is no orange to the bronzer whatsoever, you won't look dirty or muddy at all. It's not matte, there are some sparkles, but since I wear another blush over the top it doesn't matter to me. I apply it to my cheeks and tip of my nose for that sunkissed look. If you're super fair-skinned, I think you'd like this, it just about shows up on my NC25 skintone, so anyone NC30 or more, don't get this bronzer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by georginaaah

I HATE this bronzer. This was the first bronzer I ever purchased, and I had very high hopes for it. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get anything out of the pan. I thought at first that it might just be too light for me. But I'm barely a NW20, and if this bronzer is too light for me, there's something seriously wrong here! I hope that I just got a bad pot, but it's too expensive to have that happen. At around $40 australian dollars, I will never purchase this mess again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am an NC35 and this was the first bronzer I ever bought after being helped by the SA at Mac when I was 17. When i was younger this was my HG bronzer since you can barely see this bronzer on your face and it gives off a more subtle natural glow especially with the slight shimmer it has. I loved this so much that I've bought and completely used 3 in this color. Presently I don't think I will be buying this again since I tend to use bronzer more as a contour now and this is way too light for my skin. I must admit that over the years I've started using more and more makeup and trying out new products and though I loved this when I was younger it just doesn't work for me anymore. I do remember that when I would use this everyday it would start to clog my pores so I had to use it minimally and switch to Fresh's Face Luster in Marbella Gold, which is sadly discontinued. Now I'll use either Mac MSF in Medium Dark or Too Faced Soleil Bronzer.