November 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickluvah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I keep these little tins everywhere- in my nighstand, my drawer at work, my purse...it is a great all purpose treatment. I especially love it for cuticles, but I also use it on dry patches of skin, bumps, blemishes, bites, scratches, scrapes, you name it. It's cheap, effective, long lasting, and natural, what's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MrsLuckett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome for healing tattoo care! Also used it on my very chapped nose while I was sick and it really helped heal it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for mosquito bite. I apply daily until the itch subsided and it really works. Its a balm that leaves a waxy, alittle greasy feel. Smells herbal, not too strong. I'm very happy with this and will repurchase.

I like the tin it came in, looks very old fashion and nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love using this on any scabs I have especially after a pimple has been popped and is scabby, this heals is much faster than polysporin and prevents a scar from forming.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Mina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. I use it all the time for my 5 year old son. I love using it for him, since it is all natural and he has sensitive skin. It works great on cuts and scrapes, small spots of Egsama and it works great on sun burns. My son got a sun burn (which he never really gets) i ran out of alovera, and thought to try this product. i put a lot on his sun burn; It really gave him a lot of relive and made it hurt a lot less. I really love this product and have found many uses for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

This is the best product of all time. It is good for bug bites, scrapes, cuts, wounds. Every time I get a papercut or if I cut myself by accident (while cooking) or if I fall, I always clean the cut out and then slather this on. I swear it helps it clean ten times faster, and it takes away most of the pain/itch. I hurt myself really badly once, and I put this on. No scar! It's like magic. Only thing I own by Burt Bees, but I will be a continuous customer for this. It never runs out, but I replace it every one or two years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a very bad patch of eczema on my pinky. It was so bad it would (TMI) crack and bleed. Not only was it painful but was also unsightly. I tried shea butter, Cerave, Aquaphor but nothing seemed to help. I read the reviews on this product then went to Whole Foods and purchased a tin. I usually shy away from products that contain lavender because I have sensitive skin, but I was desperate for some relief. This product worked wonders for me. I used it in conjuction with GoW's Eczema and Psoriasis Balm and the patch cleared up in about 2 weeks. I am not sure if it was the Burt's Bees or the GoW or the combo of the two that cleared it, but I as long as it's gone I am happy. Since that time I have used it on rashes and irritated skin and it works well at soothing and clearing the skin. A def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had a tin of this for a few months and forget to use it, and it settles to the bottom of a drawer. Well, my dishwasher has been broken for days, and it won't be fixed for more than a week. I forget to wear gloves when washing dishes and I developed a deep crack on my right thumb -- it looks as if someone took a very sharp knife and make a vertical slit at the corner of the nail. Extremely painful. I found my tin of ointment, and (forgive me if this is TMI), raked my sore thumb across the top of the ointment so the crack was filled with the ointment. I also rubbed it in around all my cuticles. The split that was sore this morning? NOT SORE NOW - about five hours later. Seriously, the smallest thing hurt, like zipping my jeans, unscrewing lids, hitting the space bar on my computer, all kinds of every day things you don't think about until they cause pain. I'm going to keep the tin out on my bathroom counter so I'll use it more often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by JCakuls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING PRODUCT. CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT. As a skin-care junkie who switches products all the time, I can experience irritation for many reasons from many sources. This is my go-to for alleviating any and every irritation. Bought it about a month ago after experiencing the worst chemical burn on my face after having combined too many treatment products (10% benzoyl creams plus a 2% BHA wash, plus retinol, plus an alcohol-based toner. Yes, not smart, I know :) - and nothing, I repeat, *NOTHING* could touch my face without a fire-like sensation arising within seconds. And when I say nothing, I mean, nothing: olive oil, aloe vera, nivea ointment in the blue tin (which normally alleviates a lot of skin irritation for me), and even hydrocortisone cream with aloe, could touch my skin and within seconds, FIRE. So I had read reviews about this products weeks earlier when looking for an ointment to apply to shaving irritation on my legs, and came across rave reviews of Res-Q. I hit Whole Foods and grabbed this and Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Cleanser (great product!) as well as their Miracle Salve (also awesome) and washed with the cleanser (my skin was so bad that night, that this cleanser still irritated it) and slathered Res-Q ointment all over: eyes, face, and neck. In the morning - less than 12 hours after this regimen - my skin was 100% back to normal, and, I knew this, because I used Burt's Soapbark and Chamomile Deep Cleanser (also fantastic under normal circumstances) as my morning face wash, and there was NO irritation whatsoever; just the normal cooling effect of the very potent ingredients in that cleanser (menthol is one of the ingredients). I bought tins of this for my mom and two of my cousins, and I will never again be without this stuff. Love the smell (like very natural aromatherapy) and love the ingredients (all natural). Totally in love with this stuff. I could even rub it all over my eyes and eyelashes and NO watering of the eyes (I tear up with a lot of stuff) and NO itching or irritation; in fact, when I even used this when I had rubbed my eyes too vigorously from irritation from a totally different product, and within an hour the irritation and itching was gone, thanks to Res-Q. Cannot rave about this more. Wish it came in a 16 oz tub, because I'd use it as body moisturizer, that's how much I love it and actually LOVE the smell :)))

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an amazing product. Love the rich green colour. It is like a miracle balm. Applied on a few bleeding, cracked areas of my heels, it healed those overnight.
And, the balm does not have almond oil. Hurray!

I am getting more of these mini-tubs now. Too bad this product is not easily available anymore. BB seems to make all their better products obsolete...