Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Broke me out...way too thick for day time

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer. I have incredibly dry skin, so dry that I have issues with peeling in the winter (especially on my nose) that nothing has been able to stop until this! I have tried more expensive creams like clinique and cerave but nothing worked like this.

Pros:
- the price! I got 2 for 6$ (CAD) at Walmart
- texture is amazingly creamy, you need so incredibly little to cover your entire face so one tub will last forever
- no irritation on my sensitive skin and has made a huge difference in terms of moisturizing
- it is a thick, great moisturizer - for the warmer seasons I think I will reserve this for night time use but during the winter when my skin needs extra moisture I use this in the morning and it works fine under makeup
- sinks into skin, no greasy gross feeling, leaves skin feeling nice and plumped and dewy

Cons:
- I am super smell sensitive and this does have an old-ladyish scent but honestly it's not that bad and it does not linger at all (and I am very critical of product scents as they often give me migraines, this one does not)

If you have very dry skin (or your skin is suffering in the dry winter) I would definitely recommend trying this! For the price especially it is definitely worth it! I will repurchase this and I've already given a tub to my sister who also has dry skin!

So for a long time this was my go to for treating acne...that's right, ACNE! I use panoxyl wash and my skin is often dried out but this took care of the dryness and left my skin feeling balanced. Plus, anytime I got a zit I would just slather this on and it was gone within a few days...no scabbing or scarring (yay). Suddenly about a month ago, I got the worst breakout ever. Like..ever. And I don't mean two or three big zits-I mean TONS AND TONS of inflamed acne ALL OVER my chin. Every square inch of my chin was covered. Little bumps, big bumps, whiteheads, blackheads you name it-it was somewhere on my chin. Freaking out and in an effort to figure out the problem, I changed everything about my routine. I bought new foundation, concealer, and moisturizer. I stuck with the panoxyl though, because it's the only product I've ever used that really seems to keep my acne away.'my skin cleared up a bit but the dryness came back. So little by little I started re-adding my old products to find the culprit. About a week after using this again, the SAME thing happened to my chin and surrounding areas. It could be hormones that come along with that time of the month-but im not going to risk it. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with it. If you have acne prone skin, I would stay away.

This did help my dry skin I have had for weeks due to a reaction, but it came at the cost of instant breakout. Maybe it's because I have sensitive skin but I would not recommend this due to my extreme breakouts from it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I initially bought this because I wanted a moisturizer....when I first used it I LOVED IT!
Good smell, great amount of product, made my face soft! A moisturizer! It did what it was supposed to do! Moisturize.
I used it at night after cleansing (or after a sheet mask) and in the morning to prep for foundation.
Unfortunately, a few days later, like four pimples show up. 2 symmetrical ones on both of my cheeks (kinda nice) and 2 on the left side of my lips. :(
What's sad is that I'm not one who breaks out easily! Only the OCCASIONAL pimple during my period (or stressing about my grades).

Maybe I used it too much? Maybe its not good enough for me? (or im not good enough for it....) but it was a good try. I'll just go back to my Shiseido Ibuki samples from my favorite saleslady, Patricia.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The name of this product says it all-- it is a dry skin cream, period. I've seen many negative reviews here and on other sites, mostly written by people who said it was too greasy or heavy. If you have oily skin, skip this product! But if you need some serious moisture for a good price, look no further. Normally my skin is combo/oily, however I use a prescription retinoid and currently live in a very cold, dry climate. Both of those factors mean that my skin is suffering right now, and I swear to you, after two uses of this my flakes are completely gone. I've never had a product work that fast on my dry skin. I'm seriously impressed. I wouldn't use it for daytime, and it would be too heavy for summer, but for the winter it's awesome. I also kinda like the whole "grandma cream" aspect of it...I feel like a lady from Mad Men when I use it. Lol. And you can't beat the price!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I have combo skin, but have patchy dry areas on my cheeks and mouth area. It works extremely well on those dry patches! I found a jar of this at my mom's house and have been hooked. My mother has been using this for quite some time and I see why. I will always repurchase, but it takes a long time to finish a jar!

The Dollar Store is my haven for affordable skin and hair stuff.
This cream is AMAZING. Despite the old-school packaging (not everyone likes jars) I think it's the best I've used.
Normally, I dislike fragrances but this one is light and non-cloying. It absorbs fast, makes my skin so soft like velvet, and doubles as a body cream. It's one of those "my mom's generation" looking products which delivers, for ANY GENERATION. Basic, effective, smells nice, doesn't feel tacky, doesn't stain, and you can find it everywhere.
Enjoy!

Recently, I had a bad experience with a face mask from the Body Shop which left my skin feeling super dry. I picked this up while I was in the beauty alley of the grocery store. My skin feel so much better already! It is a very basic cream with a nice texture and it leaves my face feeling extremely soft. I don't know if I will continue to buy this as my skin is a combination type but for dry skin, this is the best cream.

I picked up the travel size at target for a weekend away and fell in love with it during my first use. Makes my skin feel like butter! I purchased the larger size and have it next to my bed so I can use every night. It can make me look a little dewy but I don't wear much makeup so I don't mind so much.