December 20, 2014 | 1662 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjh123

I really liked this product. I loved the way it made my skin look and how it felt. My skin looked almost airbrushed. Since I have acne, I got a heavy duty concealer (glamoflauge by hard candy) and a tinted moisturizer and it made my face look nearly flawless. Did get somewhat oily but wasn't noticeable. The only reason I can't use this daily is because it causes cystic acne on me. Throughout the day I would feel my skin itch and come home to feel a huge bump or two under my skin. I use revlon color stay as my everyday foundation and it keeps my skin from overreacting. But I highly recommend you try it first and see if it works for your skin, because it really does look amazing on your skin and was the funnest foundation to play with.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by KayandRich1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this product, I just don't think it covers well. I like a lot of coverage, and it is lacking a little in that department. I will say the makeup feels like it isn't even there, and it is very light. I do wear it during the summer, because I only need something light for the hot weather. I like the smell too :)
I would suggest

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by nlidyoff

I do love this foundation very much. I have been wearing it for years and love the natural look it gives. I would recommend using a primer with this foundation. The only thing that can be improved is the packaging. Loose powder does end up everywhere if not careful applying it to the skin. Also, for me personally one container doesn't last that long. I see myself buying a new foundation every month and a half and think it should last longer than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by CarolynlovesIvy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe how awesome the coverage is and it doesn't dry out my already dry face unless I use the Mineral Veil. I see improvement with my skin after each day. I even wake up the next day (when I fall asleep without washing it off) and I still look decent. I just hate the mess. I'm so glad that they have a pressed powder version now. Even though it's for full coverage with a different brush, I use it as if it is the original formula, using the Kabuki brush. Same results. Love it. I'm 47 and it makes me look younger.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Jenny221

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad i received a sample of this instead of shelling out the cash to buy it myself. because i would not have bought it with my own money. the color selection seems good, but the main problem i have with Bare minerals is the fact that the formula does not stay on my face for very long. in fact, almost immediately after applying, it all but disappears! and it does not give much coverage. not only that, but the formula isnt buildable either. all around fail. and another con is that its pricey!! and the actual container sucks, its easy to lose/waste a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by erika360

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin, and at age 40 I still break out every so often. When they advertise that this make can be slept in, it's no joke. I really does improve the quality of my skin. The coverage can be full or sheer. Feels and looks natural. Since I started using this product I will never use another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this at various points in life & I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet! I've jumped on the whole starter kit bandwagon years ago, since fell off the wagon, have used it for a spell in the meantime, then just kinda started in w the liquids/bb creams for the last few years. But since recently becoming a fan of gossmakeupartist on YouTube and finding he likes it, I've had to revisit it and upon revisiting it I must give it a 5! I think I used to be sensitive to the bismuth and get itchy. Well I don't now and I work out in it so I know a hot and sweaty experience won't trigger it. So I've found some tricks to make this work, and 2 yes 2 harsh critics complemented my skin recently with this on! Firstly the brush. The BM brush is awful! Scratchy and too floppy... I HIGHLY recommend the retractable kabuki from ecotools. It's super soft dense and large so you can really buff it in and pick up a lot of product. Which I've found is key: using a generous amount and buffing hard into the skin!!! I pour out a bunch into the lid... More than is suggested, and buff hard in circular motions. This covers pores and lines. If you do a light dusting it magnifies pores to me at least. This has lasted through sweaty workouts and all day wear. I do set this w illuminating mineral veil. It's very sparkly upon application but settles into a nice glow as the day wears on. I also think it's key to have a VERY moisturized and primed face b4 application! My skin is combo, not as oily any more since I'm using Dior one essential. It doesn't exacerbate dry patches when properly prepped. Doesn't make me oily. I usually use laura mercier undercover pot (the camouflage & concealer) before this in super red areas and circles. I do not put BM under the eye. I set my concealer w LM translucent powder to keep it young-looking and crease free. My shade is Light. I'm a true nw20 but use nc20 cause I like yellow tones to hide redness. I'm also a warm beige in bobbi brown. 'Light' is veryyyy yellow. I apply this on my rosacea-flushed neck and chest as well, but it doesn't perform as well there as my sephora spray foundation in the very yellow 'fair'. I've used many primers under this (except for the really silicone-y ones like BM ironically) and they all worked great (laura m., hourglass, Guerlain meteorites, jouer anti aging). I don't even apply my usual bronzer and highlighter with this regime. My skin glows on its own. BTW my other current fave is Bobbi's skin stick, also just reviewed in warm beige.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Lillie1004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to like this stuff when I was younger, but since I'm older and have fine lines under my eyes now. This settles into my fine lines bad!! And I have tried all sorts of primer and lotions and nothing helps. It makes my skin itchy all day, which I could put up with if it looked good, but it doesn't. I am also a student nurse and if I have to wear a mask, forget it! I took the mask off and all the makeup was on the mask in irregular patches...it was awful. There was no fixing it, so I had to wash my face in the hospital restroom. I will not be buying this ever again. If you have dry skin and fine lines, or if you wear a mask at work, this is not the foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by britsnpieces909

I LOVE this foundation!! I have noticed such a difference in my skin. I tried it out a few years ago and hated it, but once I learned how to properly apply it I fell in love!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This mineral foundation is horrible the original verison has shimmers and contain bismuth oxycloride with is a carcinagen. It can cause itching and cause acne to become worse or even a outbreak of cystic acne. The matte version is also horrible it is so drying but does not control oil and oxidizes bad. Both have light to no coverage the way to apply it is to swirl tap and buff. Buffing is just to warm up the lauryol lysine which is coconut oil to let the foundation melt into the skin. Buffing can cause micro exfoliation if you have flacky skin/ dry patches. Hard to cover if you have redness acne scars.....imperfections to covers. Not recommend for those who breakout from using anything containing coconut oil.
The mineral veil is also drying and the color is so pink makes you foundation look pink. The yellow one contains alot of shimmer.
The powder concealer contains bismuth oxycloride and doesn't match the foundation.
The cream concealer is very peachy and pink.