Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/21/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this , all the claims on this make up making your skin beautiful and flawless with great ingredients for your skin, that was a load of lies. I have tried drug store make up and high end makeup, not even my cheapest foundation which is my cover girl 3 in 1 broke me out like this foundation, it gave me nasty acne not the small red but the big red with white heads, and they would hurt too, as soon as I stopped using this my skin calmed down, it didn't cover much but did have a nice glow. It didn't last all day I was oily within 2 hours.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Don't go near it if you have dry patches or are flaky. This stuff clung to my dry patches like nothing else. It didn't matter what primer I used, it just wouldn't stay off.

I don't know why I ever tried anything else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This foundation breaks me out terribly! I thought it had amazing coverage & feel until I started to notice how itchy my face became. And for the first few days, I just ignored the itchiness, not realizing it was a sign of some terrible chemical ingredient! I ended up with cystic type acne from using this product, and I absolutely hate it! It left me with a scar that is taking forever to lighten and smooth out!
If you want the coverage of this type of makeup, try a safe brand, Faerie Organics is an amazing brand that didn't make me itch and breakout. Also I love Korres mineral makeup. I haven't tried PUrrminerals but I've heard they're good as well.

on 3/5/2015 4:31:00 PM

I have returned to BE after many years.. Being pregnant I am avoiding chemicals as much as I can and want to be able to sleep in my makeup when I need to. It took me a while to figure out how to best make it work, as the foundation would either not provide enough coverage (medium-full) or not last. I am so happy I have found out how to make this work and look amazing! Don't you all love when ppl tell you you're glowing? They tell me bc I am pregnant.. But there's no natural glow with a face covered in foundation.. :) How I achieve full coverage: must use BE primer (have the brightening one). Any other primer or moisturizer simply does not work! To make it last all day (and night), I use either mineral veil or other good setting powder and a finishing spray such as allnighter by UD or NYX spray. Buffing skin also helps the BE foundation set into the skin and looks so much better. Quite an adjustment coming from liquid foundations but it's worth it. Another major factor in the foundation working or being disaster: brush. I have found out that ELF black large powder brush is best (and so cheap) and Real Techniques powder fluffy works as well. Various results with dense kabuki styles. Before lining up all these, I was not super happy but as long as I remember to use the right primer (BE), brush and finishing powder/spray, I am all set and look great. My skin has not been this clear for years!! ~~~ Looking for major quick coverage without using too much? I spray a little bit of self tanner by Ulta on my face (using sponge), let dry, a little bit of BE primer. Whatever ingredients in the spray tanner make BE stick and look airbrushed with minimum product used. I'm psyched!!!

on 2/27/2015 5:02:00 AM

I always turn to Bare Minerals when I have run out of Lily Lolo or can't get hold of it. My skin tends to break out if I use anything other than mineral products, so I don't have a wide choice of things I can use, but Bare Minerals has never been a problem for me. The range of shades if very good, and you need the tiniest amount of product to get a good, light to medium coverage. It doesn't have as much of a lasting finish as Lily Lolo, but still it's good enough for everyday wear. It does tend to go a bit cakey in the heat, or if I'm having an "oily" day though. I wouldn't use it for a special occasion, such as a wedding, but it's fine for everyday wear.
The Bare Escentuals brushes are like the holy grail of make up brushes! I got the Full Flawless Face brush, the Maximum Coverage Concealer brush and the Flawless Application Face brush in the very first Starter Kit I bought about 5 years ago, and they are still going strong! I just clean them regularly and let them dry naturally, and they are good as new. The Full Flawless Face brush is perfect for basic application of the product (or any mineral powder, I also use it with Lily Lolo), then I use the Maximum Coverage concealer brush for areas that need a little extra attention, like dark circles or dark spots. I then use the Flawless Application Brush (which is like a miniature version of the Full Flawless Face brush, but the bristles are a lot fluffier and not as compact), for blusher or bronzer.
It's expensive, but so worth it, purely because the product lasts so long. You literally need only a 5 pence-sized amount tapped into the lid to do your full face and neck. Would definitely buy it again.

on 2/16/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I used bare minerals for years and decided to try new things...now I on,y use the moisturizer and mineral veil. This is a great starter product if you want something basic and easy. I love the powder for a light coverages, but that isn't my thing anymore. I wear the tinted moisturizer user my foundation everyday and love it! My skin is combination so I do have to blot through out the day. The only time I buy bare minerals is around the holiday when they have great prices on sets or when the deluxe sizes go on sale. I love bare minerals cause the product last longer so you don't have to buy as often.

on 2/2/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have used and loved Bare Minerals for over a decade. I have melasma/hyperpigmentation issues, but I don't really care for the look of foundation and this covers nicely without looking like I am wearing makeup. I use this over Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer and the combination is perfect for me and provides great coverage for about 10-12 hours. Every time I think I want to try something different, I wind up being sorry. I wear the shade Golden Tan, and I am glad they finally came out with in-between shades since I used to have to mix colors to get the right one. I know some people don't like this product, but it's performed spectacularly for me. It works well without being garish or fake-looking, like some liquid or cream foundations can since they don't really blend into your skin. You do need to find the right color or it can make you look sickly---but any foundation color can do that if it isn't right for you . I also use Bare Minerals Warmth as a bronzer or contour, and I like that product also. It is very nice and natural-looking.

on 2/1/2015 12:04:00 PM

This make up reminds me of movie reviewing on IMDB. If you don't like X,Y,Z movie you just "didn't get it". What I mean is that- often times whenever someone has a complaint about BE, people will chime in and say "you were using it incorrectly; you used too much, you didn't buff enough, you need a setting spray, you have the wrong color" etc. Well let me tell you! I've experimented over the years- probably over seven years to give this a REAL try and uh I'm done. Since I love make up and have problematic, combination, super oily, large pored fair skin of course I tried this. And also- of course I try numerous foundations and have a plethora to satisfy different needs/occasions.
So I've tried different high quality brushes and up to including the Kabuki and the general all over face brush that come with these kits. I've also purchased, separately besides the starter kits, a foundation which for me was the Golden Fair.

Too bad though. No matter what technique (and this is billed as being super easy and doable w/out paying the slightest attention to where you are swirling in all of the demos right?) I use this stuff just makes the large pores on my nose highlighted with a huge sign saying HORRIBLE PORES LOOK RIGHT HERE MAN!

And that is why I have to give up on this finally. Right now I have the "warmth", my Golden Fair foundation, a huge amount of Mineral Veil and a couple of the other foundation colors that come with the kits. They sit in my foundation basket untouched. Occasionally I will stupidly and naively think "oh - I should add more coverage to my very sheer liquid foundation and use that Bare Minerals!". Only to be disappointed yet again. Idk- it can make you look ultra ashy, worsen the look of large pores and does a horrible job of any actual true good coverage for blemishes or scarring. Another contender for the mineral make up is that Sheer Cover line- I noticed in their kit they include a more traditional cream based CONCEALER. Meanwhile BE insists that their powders can conceal- I was near about to dive in a purchase the Bisque that they market as a superior concealer but have decided to give up on mineral make up as it just doesn't work IMO nor for anyone with truly problematic skin. I have hormonal adult acne- what this means is that my skin breaks out about once a month..a few, but that's bad enough. This leaves a lot of red scarring afterwards since my skin is so fair- mineral make up does nothing to make my skin look better.

on 1/28/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was surprised that I like this. I rarely use powder foundations as I need full coverage to hide melasma and I have dry skin. But using this in the shade 'light' in conjunction with all of my medium coverage foundations (drug store and high end) has amazing results. I now use this daily as the base powder in the Goss method (ie. Primer - powder - foundation - concealer) and I get a real kick when I dust it on and see my imperfections already starting to blur! It works well over liquid foundation too but I like the Goss method for achieving an airbrush smooth finish. This is the first powder I've been pleased with for both texture and coverage. Unfortunately it's still not quite enough for me to use alone but for anyone with remotely OK skin will enjoy the simplicity of great coverage and smooth finish in just a powder step. I'll definitely repurchase.