April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam III

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will never not have this. It is my 'dark' shade. Not red, not fuchsia; those I love too but when I want DARK I reach for this. I'm fair and I especially love this when I have white/platinum hair because it's kind of unexpected. It just looks so sexy and almost goth-y. On me, it's a deep dark brick raisiny color. I put a ltd ed black Dior addict gloss over it for extra drama sometimes. The formula itself is super matte and long-lasting, my fave for a lippy. I don't really care for glossy satiny shades; that's what gloss is for. If you have dry lips this may not work though. I put Peter Thomas Roth unwrinkle lip on day and night/at night followed by a thick balm (bite agave lip mask right now), so my lips are in pretty good condition. This is a serious lipstick not for the faint hearted (well if you're pale. maybe doesn't look so dramatic on darker ladies). I have cool undertones btw. And every cent to AIDS? Thankyousirillhaveanother. Love love love. The worker at a store I frequent actually loved it so much she had me go buy her 2!! So I guess it looks good to ppl other than me haha.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate to break the streak of glowing reviews but this is yet another underwhelming MAC product for me. As of late, I've decided to stop being a gloss girl and get into wearing a proper lipstick. I generally lean toward glosses because I'm not big on wearing in your face colors on my lips (call it extreme conditioning from my mom who always comments on people wearing "obvious" makeup) but I've decided it's time to branch out. By branch out, I mean trying to break away from wearing 90s brown lippies that I always felt were safe and try some nudes, plums and maybe even a pink or two.

On my quest to find a nice plummy lipstick, I found reviews about Viva Glam III that claim this color is universally flattering. I decided to buy a tube despite my shaky history with MAC products. Everyone seemingly loves everything MAC and shouts their praises from the rooftop but try as I might, I can't get into anything they put out - especially the lipsticks. I find them to be terribly drying, gritty and no matter what shade I pick, completely unflattering on me. While I am self proclaimed gloss girl, I have bought four or five MAC lipsticks in the past but never cared for them (again, the drying and grit factor) and Viva Glam III is no different. The color is a tad too loud for me but I found that if I apply it, blot and apply some Chapstik or a gloss, the color acts as a flattering, plummy stain. I found that I usually end up doing this with every MAC lipstick I buy which is rather pricey (and silly) so I believe this will be my last MAC purchase.

I love that every single penny of Viva Glam lipsticks go to AIDS charities and while I love the whole hip concept of MAC in general, I'm finally just going to admit that this line ain't for me. Unless they change the formula of their lipsticks and cut way, way down on the glitter in the Lipglass, I'll continue my search for the perfect lip product elsewhere.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: I played with this lipstick, and I actually got it to work for me. I used some carmex lip balm, Mac Prep +Prime lipstick primer and Vino lip liner it looked good. Got several compliments. Sometimes you just have to play with Mac lipsticks to find out what works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing lipstick. The color just isn't for me, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lipstick in the pictures are not VGIII. VG III is a deep brown w a plum cast to it. A great dupe for the LE Fixed on Drama - literally 99.9% the same besides texture. I love it... Very 90s and since I grew up in the 80/90s I love it :). 100% of cost goes to AIDS charity too!!

NC15/NW20

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by elegantbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw a fair skinned lady on Instagram post this color and it looked very vampy and sexy so that was the look that I was going for. However after putting it on, it looked like a very sexy perfect red on my dark skin. JACKPOT!! I use it with the Currant pencil & Desire Lipglass, and it's a showstopper indeed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SiSantita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to color when I wanna do a darker look... Line my lips with night moth and add this and blend tooooo perfect!!! Great color for darker skin ladies

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by chanelchick22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the formula of all the Viva Glam lipsticks. When you go darker, you want matte, IMO. The color is different for me as I am normally a red lipstick girl (I wear Viva Glam 1 as my every day) but the SA talked me into this and it's pretty for a change. The swatch shown is way off. This is a plummish hue;not anywhere as vivid as shown. I like that I can do a more dramatic eye with this lipstick, as opposed to a red lip, so I will probably wear this mainly at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Randl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My favorite lipstick of all time. I am very pale with reddish brown hair and grey eyes and it seriously looks better than any other lipstick I have tried. It's a raisiny red that just happens to complement my complextion perfectly...which is rare! It is on the darker end of the spectrum but is totally acceptable for daily wear. Typical MAC: matte, Long lasting, can be drying at times

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am definitely not a lipstick person, although I have had various love affairs with different glosses and lipsticks throughout my makeup wearing years. On a whim, my friend convinced me to borrow her Viva Glam III, and I fell in love. I have really never thought of myself as the kind of person who wears dark lipstick, but it is flattering and not so 'goth' that I feel uncomfortable. It doesn't hurt that she shade is pretty universally flattering. It looks good on me (and I'm very fair with pink undertones), my friend (olive skin with yellow undertones), and another friend of ours who has a medium-dark complexion. I love that it gives back to charity, and I will definitely be buying this again!