October 25, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam III

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this one! Such a gorgeous rich plummy, slightly brown with a hint of fuchsia, matte lipstick. So easy to dress it up or down. It's just bold enough to get noticed but not so bold that it couldn't be an everyday lipstick. And nothing beats MAC's matte formula, great staying power and doesn't turn your lips into sand paper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I was always checking this shade out and I finally bought it I am not a fan of dark lipsticks but I like this alot id wear this everyday and the way it glides on the lips it is so smooth its MACs best lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I FINALLY got my hands on this beautiful baby. I've been eyeing it for so long and it always seemed to be sold out at my local MAC counters, BOTH OF THEM :-( but today it was finally in stock at Nordstrom so I jumped on it quick. It is such a flattering and gorgeous plummy pink brown shade and it will look good with any and every eye look that I do. I must say, I think this is my new favorite MAC lipstick. Their colors never disappoint me and I love that the mattes are not as drying as many other matte lipsticks out there. I can see myself buying a backup next time I'm around the mall....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by KarenDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful plum-brown shade. The swatch does not do the product justice as it appears too pink. I purchased this about the same time I purchased Viva Glam I. I got a bit tired of the Ruby Woo bright blue red, so I thought I would change it up a bit. While a lot of people think this is too dark for daytime wear I say go for it. Write your own rules!!! I will wear this shade and my other MAC shades: Viva Glam I, Sin, Dark Side, Ruby Woo, MAC Red, All Fired Up, Just a Bite, Flat Out Fabulous, or Heroine any time of the year. My lips, my rules.

On me it wears down to a nice soft plum shade. With my complexion I would consider this a nudeish/neutral shade, as typical neutral shades wash me out. And if I am going to wear a lip product that is about the same as my complexion, I will just buy a clear lip-gloss.

Since I am a big fan of matte lipsticks, I am fully aware of how drying they can be. If it bothers you, you should re-apply a bit of lip-balm or MAC's lip primer during the day. But just a bit so you don't fade the color.

I also love that the proceeds go to support those affected by HIV and AIDS. Yes the lipstick is expensive, but it is for a worthy cause.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will never not have this. It is my 'dark' shade. Not red, not fuchsia; those I love too but when I want DARK I reach for this. I'm fair and I especially love this when I have white/platinum hair because it's kind of unexpected. It just looks so sexy and almost goth-y. On me, it's a deep dark brick raisiny color. I put a ltd ed black Dior addict gloss over it for extra drama sometimes. The formula itself is super matte and long-lasting, my fave for a lippy. I don't really care for glossy satiny shades; that's what gloss is for. If you have dry lips this may not work though. I put Peter Thomas Roth unwrinkle lip on day and night/at night followed by a thick balm (bite agave lip mask right now), so my lips are in pretty good condition. This is a serious lipstick not for the faint hearted (well if you're pale. maybe doesn't look so dramatic on darker ladies). I have cool undertones btw. And every cent to AIDS? Thankyousirillhaveanother. Love love love. The worker at a store I frequent actually loved it so much she had me go buy her 2!! So I guess it looks good to ppl other than me haha.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to break the streak of glowing reviews but this is yet another underwhelming MAC product for me. As of late, I've decided to stop being a gloss girl and get into wearing a proper lipstick. I generally lean toward glosses because I'm not big on wearing in your face colors on my lips (call it extreme conditioning from my mom who always comments on people wearing "obvious" makeup) but I've decided it's time to branch out. By branch out, I mean trying to break away from wearing 90s brown lippies that I always felt were safe and try some nudes, plums and maybe even a pink or two.

On my quest to find a nice plummy lipstick, I found reviews about Viva Glam III that claim this color is universally flattering. I decided to buy a tube despite my shaky history with MAC products. Everyone seemingly loves everything MAC and shouts their praises from the rooftop but try as I might, I can't get into anything they put out - especially the lipsticks. I find them to be terribly drying, gritty and no matter what shade I pick, completely unflattering on me. While I am self proclaimed gloss girl, I have bought four or five MAC lipsticks in the past but never cared for them (again, the drying and grit factor) and Viva Glam III is no different. The color is a tad too loud for me but I found that if I apply it, blot and apply some Chapstik or a gloss, the color acts as a flattering, plummy stain. I found that I usually end up doing this with every MAC lipstick I buy which is rather pricey (and silly) so I believe this will be my last MAC purchase.

I love that every single penny of Viva Glam lipsticks go to AIDS charities and while I love the whole hip concept of MAC in general, I'm finally just going to admit that this line ain't for me. Unless they change the formula of their lipsticks and cut way, way down on the glitter in the Lipglass, I'll continue my search for the perfect lip product elsewhere.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: I played with this lipstick, and I actually got it to work for me. I used some carmex lip balm, Mac Prep +Prime lipstick primer and Vino lip liner it looked good. Got several compliments. Sometimes you just have to play with Mac lipsticks to find out what works.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing lipstick. The color just isn't for me, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lipstick in the pictures are not VGIII. VG III is a deep brown w a plum cast to it. A great dupe for the LE Fixed on Drama - literally 99.9% the same besides texture. I love it... Very 90s and since I grew up in the 80/90s I love it :). 100% of cost goes to AIDS charity too!!

NC15/NW20

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by elegantbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw a fair skinned lady on Instagram post this color and it looked very vampy and sexy so that was the look that I was going for. However after putting it on, it looked like a very sexy perfect red on my dark skin. JACKPOT!! I use it with the Currant pencil & Desire Lipglass, and it's a showstopper indeed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No