September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Kinky

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by avril18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is competing with L'oreal everstyle curl activating mousse for #1 worst mouse ever!!! I don't know which one is worse. This mousse it's so bad, it made my hair sticky it didn't help with frizz whatsoever, my curly hair was a mess, not even hot mess, that's too nice of a word.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by chrissyislame

Short and sweet, I do like this product. I don't have many complaints about it. It's a decent curling spray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Got2b kinkier spray n'gloss spray gel.

I got this for sale at a bargain grocery store last Summer and it's become my favorite curl friendly product. My hair is thin and wavy. Drying without any product results in loose, S-shaped waves on the under layer of my hair and in the layers around my face and fatter, barely waved hair on the upper layer in the back. The only way I can get uniformity is with a curling iron, and that's too damaging for my fine hair. This product helps me get some curl out of the non-curly parts of my hair, and also makes the curly parts of my hair come out tighter and in beautiful spirals. It doesn't weigh down my hair at all, it's not too drying, and doesn't result in that wet gel look that looks very 1980's. If you get that crunchy wet look, you sprayed it too close to your head. That's what I've found when I did that 1x.

Anyway, here's how I use it: I put this in my towel-dryed hair with a bit of leave-in conditioner. It works better when you have very moisturized hair, I've found. Used this yesterday after using a thick deep conditioner, and my curls came out even more defined and tighter than usual so I recommend trying that.

What I really like this product for is 2nd day hair. Just get a spray bottle of water, wet your hair till it's barely damp, and then spray this 4-5 times around your head at a distance, do the same with a spray conditioner and if you want some thickness, a spray or two of sea salt spray and then scrunch a few times to encourage the curl. Then leave it alone until it dries. If you have fine hair like me, it should dry within 15 minutes if you didn't wet your hair too much. This is so easy to do when you are running late for work in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by PillarofAutumn

I have wavy, thick blonde hair that extends past my hipline. My hair type tends to get oily on the top, and is neither excessively dry or oily everywhere else. I love the mousse and spray gel in this line. They give my waves shine and definition and make them significantly curlier. I usually brush my hair out while still very wet, scrunch out some excess water, scrunch in the mousse to make sure I have some nice shape, spray with the spray gel, and either airdry or diffuse (looks better with a diffuser). The only negative about this product is that if you use too much, it does tend to weigh hair down, but then again, I have very heavy hair to begin with, so this may not be an issue for others. It's definitely worth a try, Walgreens puts in on sale BOGO free pretty frequently and that makes it a fairly good price IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Its not bad, its not that great either. Maybe its just because my hair is suuuper thick when I wear it curly, idk. The curls it DOES define look flawless and beautiful. No matter how hard I try to apply it everywhere, it just doesnt seem to do the trick all over my head, so I look a bit ratty by the end of the day. The packaging is cute, and the price is good, I dont wear my hair curly all that often, so its good for now. Probably wont repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this mousse iv tried tons of mousse's and I fell in love with this one. I have natural curly hair, when ever I apply this after a shower with damp hair, I work it and scrunch it in, then throw it up in a tight bun overnight, wake up, take the bun out and my natural curls look flawless,frizz free, and shiny..... sometimes ill go through it with a curling iron really quick because im a perfectionist but it works so well by its self, it is kinda pricey but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product but I just didn't. It may just be that it's not formulated to work well with my hair. I have straight hair I wanted to use this for whenever I curl it with my 1 1/2 inch curling iron just to define the curls and tame fly aways it didn't seem to do anything but weigh down my hair, I didn't use much product either. I was expecting it to smell better too not that it smells bad but I've smelt better cheaper mousse products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by covergirllover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to use this product after my herbal essences tousle me softly mousse ran out. I have long wavy but frizzy hair so I always straighten it but this really did the trick. It made my hair wavy without the frizz and without sacrificing feel or volume. My hair doesnt feel crunchy or sticky but it does have a bit of a holding bounce to it, overall i really like this product and will continue to use it on days when i dont feel like straightening and blow drying :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by wolfiemistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so I used this product with a friend of mine while we were bored one day. For her, it worked great. On me, it really didn't do anything. This product is probably better for people who don't have really thick long hair like I do. My friend's hair is chin length and kinda thin, while mine goes way down my back and is three times as thick as hers.
So, I'd only recommend this to people with thinner or shorter hair. Also, you have to use a lot of it. And the thing about that is, it makes your hair sticky and kinda gross. So obviously, I won't be using it ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I know everyone else is talking about the mousse but I'm here to write about Got2b Kinkier curling spray gel. I started using spray gels about a month ago because they gave my hair more body and, if I was lucky, curl. But they still left my hair frizzy and dry. I didn't want to add a de-frizzing product as well because my hair goes flat with both "smoothing" products and/or too many products.
On a whim, I tried the latest spray gel on the shelves by Got2b and, for me, it's the best one yet. My hair is curly with body and it also looks soft and shiny..not dry and frizzy. I just spray on wet hair, scrunch and let air dry.
***update: am removing two lippies. After using this product for 2 weeks, it created build-up and started weighing down my hair. sigh.