Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

4.5

PTFE, nylon-12, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, triisocetyl citrate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, acrylates copolymer, cetyl dimethicone, fragrance, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben [± red 36 (ci 12085) - red 6 (ci 15850) - red 7 (ci 15850) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 21 (ci 45380) - red 30 (ci 73360) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - barium sulfate (ci 77120) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - zinc oxide (ci 77947) - mica]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This blush is the shit! Super underrated, if you're fair or light this color will compliment you like no toger. Its the perfect winter blush imo, because its not too much of any color, its not too pinky, peachy or mauvy, its really all of them combined with a cool sheen running through it..im really light and yellow so the peach comes out more when i wear it, but on a cool toned girl the pink/mauve comes out beautifully. Just try it out. Admittedly, its not extremely pigmented like mac or nars but i love that in the winter, the lighting outside is so white and florescentish that you dont wanna overdue your blush. Its really the only blush i gravitate to in the winter :) It has a very grown up rose fragrance too which i like bc it reminds me of my mom lol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like a healthy glow on my cheeks especially after using a medium coverage foundation which gives me the blank canvas I like but needs dimension so I don't look washed out. I bought this blush for the first time when I switched from foundation using Clinique to Lancôme (thank you Clinique for discontinuing my favorite foundation). I never purchased a blush in this color and leaned toward more traditional pink blushes but I took the SA's advice and never looked back. This has become my go-to blush. I do use my MAC cream blush and a few others I have in my rotation from time to time, but I reach for the Lancôme Miel Glacé more often than not. I was worried about the glitter tones in it when I first used it, but I'm about to purchase my fourth compact of this. It's just so natural but glowy looking. It's very neutral as well and never irritates my skin which for me is a real boon since just about everything else does. I would be really bummed if Lancôme ever discontinued it. Jane Iredale makes a similar color--I think it's called Whisper--but I've stopped buying their blushes because they crumble and fall apart. This is my favorite blush in the world.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Well, I have some lovely blushes in my collection but I have a heavy hand when it comes to applying and I'm often fearful that I've put on a clown face by mistake. Enter this blush. On the display it looks totally blah - but on my NC10 oily skin it looks like a natural, radiant glow. The price is ridiculous but the results are spectacular. Would recommend for all you fair and porcelain skinned ladies. A "you but better" kind of product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Too light, silver-pinky, and slightly cool toned for my NC30-35 olive skin. I've had a GWP small size of this for months and I never turn to it - it makes me look washed out and dead. In the pan it looks a lot like MAC Margin, which gives my skin a great natural, sexy, shimmery pinky bronzey look, but Miel Glace is a MUCH lighter tone on my skin. It was just ok when my skin was a bit lighter before summer began (NC25-30), but really did nothing flattering for my face...just looks like super pale pinky shimmer - total skin clash! It does last all day, and I love the slim compact - perfect for travel. For lighter skin with cooler tones it's probably great. Not a fan of Lancome's animal testing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Blush is the one thing I blow money on constantly, because it is so transformative for me: done right, it makes my face come alive and takes years off, my eyes look bigger and my cheekbones appear out of nowhere. Getting it right is always just tantalizingly out of reach for me, so I'm always looking for that miracle product, whether cream, gel, powder or the brush to use with them. Lancome seems so old-fashioned, with its huge black compacts holding tiny throwaway brushes, topped with the gold rose and scented with old-lady rose--who would expect to find a miracle here? Well, I found two, and one of them is Miel Glace. Miel Glace looks like exactly nothing in the pan--is it beige, is it brown, is there any pink in there at all, why is there so much shimmer? On the face, magic happens. There is just enough pink for some oomph and liveliness, enough brown for some contour without any hint of orange or dirtiness, and the seemingly obvious shimmer transforms into luminosity. That would be great enough, and I've had that happen with neutral powder blushes before, but what takes Miel Glace into the stratosphere for me is the application. This blush and I just understand each other! I can reach for one of several brushes (NOT the one it came with, of course) and just instinctively stroke the right amount on the brush, and just glide it into place on my face. When I'm applying it, I can sense right away how much is enough, and where it ought to go. It's hard to describe, but so often, I'm just applying away, and can't really tell what is happening. Then I stand back and it's too much, or I'll think it's fine and later realize it wasn't enough. Of course, I'm supercritical about it--I really, really want it to look like it's my skin and not some powder. I've given Miel Glace the outdoor car side-mirror test--that's when I'll see the powder resting on my face, or even worse, the trails of mica--and it passes with flying colors. My cheeks just look flushed and glowy. I'm shocked, but it really is a more flawless application (for me) than the Hourglass, Tarte or MAC blushes I've been experimenting with. Those companies may be newer, or hipper, or more recommended, but Lancome's blush subtil formula crushes theirs. I must also add that the lasting power of this blush is insane! Miel Glace and it's somewhat deeper, matte sister Cedar Rose are the only two blushes I think I'll ever need. They've been around for decades, so I'm banking on them staying around for decades more. What will I do now with this makeup budget surplus?

Gorgeous color. Stays all day. Took one lippie off bc I don't like the fragrance and the packaging seems cheap and tacky to me. But I've been wearing it almost every day since I got it.

I have used this blush for years..decades, actually, and I keep going back to it. Holy grail..? You betcha!!

Lasts all day for me with no touch-ups. I have combo skin and this stays true to color with no changing colors during the day. When I come home after having this on for a good 10 or even 12 hours, the shade looks the same as when i first applied it.

Just a gorgeous, flattering shade...I think many skin tones could wear this. I am NC20.

In the pan, there are sparkles, but the sparkles are barely detectable on the cheek unless you really look for them. No shiny look, just a gorgeous, lit-from-within look.

If this has any scent, it is very minimal. I am very scent-sensitive and either this has none or it is so minimal that I do not detect it and does not bother my nose.

It is pretty neutral imo, but I tend to pair it with a spice pencil and a lip balm or a light gloss over top the spice pencil. Great for a natural look, or it can be a great compliment to a strong eye look and/ or a bold lip. Just very versatile imo.

Will and have re-purchase(d) many times.

This blush is absolutely beautiful!! I love it so much! It looks amazing on my porcelain skin, it offers a flush of color and subtle glow. I would have given this a 5/5 if it werent for the perfume in it, but its light enough to not bother me and it does dissipate after a few mins. For reference Im about an nc5-nc10.

I would say the color is a medium, neutral rose pink on my skin.

Pros
-beautiful color
-glowing finish

Cons
-Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently purchased Lancome Blush Subtil in Miel Glace 217. I'm fair skinned. Love it!!!
This is the first blush that I can't overdue it on my face and look like a clown! For reference, I use Eastee Lauder Double Wear in Alabaster. This blush gives me a beautiful glow and is mistake proof, for me. I wish the price were lower as, the product isn't huge. I don't use the brush it comes with. I also have very oily skin. This never disappears or melts off. Best of all, no sparkly shimmer that I cannot wear due to oily skin.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Such a beautiful blush in the pan, but on my skin you can hardly see it. I am NC40 and find this to be too light. I end up over applying trying to get it to show up and just end up looking like I applied a ton of shimmer. Didn't work for me.