L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 5/16/2015 2:54:00 PM

I bought this stuff in the pump/foam form - one word, brutal!

First off, I was able to get one leg done before the pump broke. The product started to come out of the sides of the pump, it was so messy and horrible. I spent over a week going back and forth with L'Oreal to have the situation rectified.

I managed to figure out how to use what I could anyway - since I already had one leg done. NOTE: Prior to use I shaved, exfoliated, and moisturized.

I was really excited to find this product, I can never find "drug store" versions of foam self tanners.

It applied sort of streaky while still wet, but not horribly. Once it dried, it settled into some of the pores on my legs, which I think looks really bad! I also find that this only happens w/ self tanners that have shimmer in them. I never had this issue w/ Vita Liberata. It also dried very streaky.

The product feels very sticky on your body, it took more than a couple of hours to feel "dry". The next day was a real test, I was outside in the hot heat at a baby shower. The product seemed to smudge around with any sweat/moisture. My legs looked muddy. I could not wait to get home and just scrub it off!

If you can get this product to work - all the power to ya!

on 3/25/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this from boots as I love testing out new self tanners I am very fair skinned but I tan almost every day with good results from most of the tanners I've used so I would class my self as an experienced fake baker!
This stuff though is really runny takes along time to rub in and even soaked through my tanning mitt turning my hands orange! The smell is very strong and chemically the colours a very unflattering shade of orange and glittery which looks really unnatural I also found it hard to get off and very drying on my skin and it clings to elbows and hands!
I expect to go slightly orange as I'm naturally very pale and I do wear a lot of tan but this stuff is the worst save your money st.moriz is better

on 2/25/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This tanner works well on my fair skin with warm undertones. I moisturize before and use very little to make sure I don't get any streaks or blotches. Yes it is very sparkly and the smell is tough but the color is nice lm warm undertoned ladies :) however if you're cool toned I would run away.

on 1/23/2015 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just don't learn as I have used this several times hoping for better results! I earned the nickname Streaky after using this before a trip to Hawaii. I am very fair and very used to applying self tanners, however I just could not keep this product from going on unevenly. It was unnatural and seemed to get worse as time went on. Unfortunately it did last a long time. I was a weird orange color and streaky to boot! Might work for darker skin tones but I would recommend you stay far away from this one if you are fair.

on 8/21/2014 7:50:00 PM

Don't waste your money -- spend the same amount on Banana Boat's self tanner and get way better results. This stuff dries an orange shimmery color, and is streaky no matter how well you rub it in.

on 8/7/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I enjoy this product ALOT. I've only just put it on last night and I already love it. The color guard is really nice. It makes my skin really pretty and soft. I know some people don't like the sparkles/shimmer it had to it, but I think it gives my skin a nice glow. I've had no streaking so far. I used a plastic glove to apply it and it's smooth and pretty much flawless. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who has yellow undertones or REALLY fair skin. I have something closer to a medium skin tone, but my skin has a lot of pink tones in it rather than yellow, and this comes off really red tinted to me. But this works really good for my skin. It doesn't stink like some other self tanners I've used. It smells almost tropical when you put it on, and now it doesn't have any smell to me.

Ignore all these bad reviews. Yes if you use this alone it will be streaky and sticky and glittery. Well how do you fix that?? MIX IT WITH YOUR BODY LOTION. This makes it more gradual and natural, makes it smoother, less glittery and more glowy, and smooths out the streaks. Just try it :)

on 6/24/2014 6:52:00 PM

Splotchy on the legs. Sticky. Put it on my legs last night, spent 15 minutes wandering about to let it dry. Went to work today and found my legs looking uneven in color and most unattractive. Won't use again.

on 5/15/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've purchased this several times but I won't be purchasing it again now that I've found a better replacement. I have fair/light skin and I use this on my legs, neck/chest and even on my face at nighttime. (I've never had a breakout or reaction from this). I use the Medium color because the Light one does nothing for me. This works well to give color, however, the scent is very overpowering and it has glitter in it. I usually put this on at night because I don't want to look like a glitter bomb during the day. I have found that the Ulta brand of the Bronze Glow self-tanner is much, much better. I can wear it during the day and it almost instantly gives you color.

on 3/8/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got this for my legs. It has LOTS of sparkles in it but the next day they r gone. IMPORTANT: when u put it on it doesn't do anything but I put more and more on bcuz it wasn't doing anything..the next day I was going to a pool party and my legs were oopaloompa orange. So only out little on the day before Then you'll get tan. And it washes off with a shower.