August 30, 2014 | 1610 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Elitsabeth

Don't waste your money -- spend the same amount on Banana Boat's self tanner and get way better results. This stuff dries an orange shimmery color, and is streaky no matter how well you rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by MazeyKizer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I enjoy this product ALOT. I've only just put it on last night and I already love it. The color guard is really nice. It makes my skin really pretty and soft. I know some people don't like the sparkles/shimmer it had to it, but I think it gives my skin a nice glow. I've had no streaking so far. I used a plastic glove to apply it and it's smooth and pretty much flawless. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who has yellow undertones or REALLY fair skin. I have something closer to a medium skin tone, but my skin has a lot of pink tones in it rather than yellow, and this comes off really red tinted to me. But this works really good for my skin. It doesn't stink like some other self tanners I've used. It smells almost tropical when you put it on, and now it doesn't have any smell to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by littlestarrett

Ignore all these bad reviews. Yes if you use this alone it will be streaky and sticky and glittery. Well how do you fix that?? MIX IT WITH YOUR BODY LOTION. This makes it more gradual and natural, makes it smoother, less glittery and more glowy, and smooths out the streaks. Just try it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Splotchy on the legs. Sticky. Put it on my legs last night, spent 15 minutes wandering about to let it dry. Went to work today and found my legs looking uneven in color and most unattractive. Won't use again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've purchased this several times but I won't be purchasing it again now that I've found a better replacement. I have fair/light skin and I use this on my legs, neck/chest and even on my face at nighttime. (I've never had a breakout or reaction from this). I use the Medium color because the Light one does nothing for me. This works well to give color, however, the scent is very overpowering and it has glitter in it. I usually put this on at night because I don't want to look like a glitter bomb during the day. I have found that the Ulta brand of the Bronze Glow self-tanner is much, much better. I can wear it during the day and it almost instantly gives you color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for my legs. It has LOTS of sparkles in it but the next day they r gone. IMPORTANT: when u put it on it doesn't do anything but I put more and more on bcuz it wasn't doing anything..the next day I was going to a pool party and my legs were oopaloompa orange. So only out little on the day before Then you'll get tan. And it washes off with a shower.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by AlexsGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this at all... I bought the Sublime Bronze Tinted Gel for face and body, and I'm not pleased at all. First when applying, it went great. It wasn't hard at all and I was very careful when applying. The gel was tinted, and was very manageable. It dried really fast, which was great, but I felt sticky for at least an hour or two afterwards, which wasn't as good. I massaged the gel onto my entire body. It said on the package that it was going to be shimmery, but this was waaayyy to shimmery than what I hoped for. It's supposed to be instant color, and I did notice my skin being a shade or two darker and I was pleased with the color then.
The morning after (I put the gel on before I went to bed), was a catastrophe. My legs were dark orange and patchy. It looked like I had been scrubbing it off in some places, even if I did exfoliate before doing all of this. And the smell was just - horrible. It had that typical self-tanning smell, and it was awful. I had slept with a white t-shirt, and it was stained. It looked like I had taken a powder bronzer and dabbed on the shirt.
I got up to take a shower, and most of the shimmer and the "powder" got off my body, but the smell remained. The only thing that looked good was the color on my face and neck. Luckily, I didn't break out with this gel. But I didn't take as much on my face, as on my legs of course. I had to scrub and scrub and scrub for an hour before getting most of it off (it was christmas). I saved the day with my Dove Summer Glow, thankfully. BUT, the smell STILL REMAINS. I'll probably finish the bottle, but I'm only applying it to my face. I won't repurchase this. The only reason I gave it 2/5 was because of the easy application and how it looked on my face and neck. BUT MAKE SURE YOU PUT A THIN LAYER ON IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON USING THIS!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by janmarbol1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not like it one bit, it is too orangey, too dark, too fake, too sticky and yes, it streaks and takes forever to dry. I am blond but have a nice tint to my natural skin so it is not like I am very pale either yet it was still too bright, orangey for me. Wont be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MorganLovesBrody

I've used a ton if self tanners, so when I see bad reviews of good ones it's usually because people don't know how to use them. I love this stuff. To get the best color though follow these steps. Don't wear this as lotion alone! Before you go to bed mix this w a dab of lotion and apply. In the morning it will be very dark! Take a shower and shave as well as use a loofah w body wash. Afterwards it should be the perfect shade. This stuff is very concentrated and dark so I wouldn't recommend for light skin tones.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Don't buy this self tanner! It is really sticky, dark, and way too glittery. It is really hard to apply as your whole body feels like it is covered in glue. And I had to put gloves on because it got all in my fingernails.

The tanner makes your skin look blotchy. Even though you can see the color application, I can never apply it to get an even tan. Also, the color turns orange when it dries. It will transfer onto your light-colored clothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No