October 1, 2014 | 1518 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Discontinued. Had mine for years. Adds pretty glimmery glow to face

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by squeakoid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though this line is discontinued, I thought I should write a review.

I have 3 of the products. The lotion and stick in natural light, and the powder in golden light.

I've had the lotion and powder for years. I think at least 7 now. I have yet to finish either. I love the lotion and use it mixed with foundation for special occasions (I love this stuff sooo much that I don't want to use it up).

I recently purchased the stick, but I found it to be a bit hardl
    I find the stick to be ok, but I don't like the bumpyness or the chunks that get left behind. I do wish the stick was more softer so I could blend it easier.
    I have been using this on my face directly after moisturiser and after blending it in, I wait a few minutes for it to set then apply mineral powder foundation on top and find that it gives an amazing flawless look.

I haven't used the powder for years, last week I remembered I had it. Upon testing it, I much prefer my BB Shimmer bricks for day time use as it has a more subtle shimmer than the powder. I do love the powder for use on my legs and arms. I really like having it in a bronzy colour as I can mix it with moisturiser and apply it over my legs as a sort of skin tint - I have keritosis pilaris on my legs and always worn jeans or stockings to avoid showing my legs, but I find that using the powder with mosituriser, it gives me a flawless look :)

I do wish they re-release this product as I love it so much and would really love to try out the different colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Took me forever to figure out how to use this.

The lightest touch may be too much for this. Mixing this with translucent loose powder (NYC brand) and applying to bridge of nose and under eyebrows makes me look so..awake in the morning. I use an ELF bronzer brush.

Luckily this stuff will last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Argogirl

I recently took a makeup course at a college to simply gain more skills in makeup application...the woman who taught the course was a previous Clinique Employee who was now working for Revlon. I was told by said instructor that one of the most important items in her makeup bag was her Revlon Skinlights Powder and someone piped up that they had it. She then said "hold on to that and don't let it out of your sight -- there are a lot of people out there that would like to get their hands on it"...this ignited my curiousity in this product and I began to do some investigation...as she said, it was discontinued (much to her frustration and disappointment it seemed) and I became obsessed with finding it. I DID and I wanted to share it with those of you who are looking for it -- it is at http://www.buymebeauty.com/ for a reasonable $9.95 (or so)...which is fabulous considering that a) it's discontinued and b) apparently it lasts "forever". After all the hype I ordered two in different colours: Golden Light and Warm Light. As my complexion is somewhere between J.Lo and Halle Berry, I opted to try the "Golden Light" first as the sticker seems a lot closer to my skin tone. It has a beautiful, subtle shimmer...but still too much (I think) for the office. I would definately wear this when I was going "out out" though (date, formal function, clubbing, etc.)...I don't know about making you look 'flawless' as other reviewers as stated, but mind you, I just came home from my allergies acting up at my moms because of her damn cat, so it might not be the best time to try it out -- couldn't help it though! But there is a gorgeous, non-tacky shimmer happening, esp. visible on my forehead. Very nice -- looks high end (if a powder could look that way!)

I have oily skin so hopefully this 'try out' doesn't make me break out (since something else I learned at that class was to only aim for things that are "non-comedogenic") so stay tuned.

Took two lippies off as for some reason the top lid with the brush won't stay shut ...and I've only used it once. Pops up really easily. Maybe in my excitement I pulled it apart too fast and damaged it...I don't know.

Haven't tried Warm Light yet, and am hesitant to as it's very pinky looking judging by the sticker...but it seems other olive-toned gals have used it so I can't wait to see the difference.

Anyways, not so much a review, as a heads-up, as to where to buy the product for those who desperately want it --- grab it while you can.

You're welcome :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like this product. Just wish it had been packaged better since loose powders can be very messy to work with. Gives a nice glow to skin...just have to make sure you don't over do it to look like a 8 year old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought this product 7 years ago in Warm Light because a friend was using it with great looking results. I always mixed it with blushes, bronzers etc to mix up the end results. I love this product so much and was disappointed when it was discontinued.

I haven't found anything with the exact coloring and texture. So I've been hoarding it a bit but I really don't need to. I think maybe I am a quarter of the way through. It did come with a brush but over the years it's become cruddy. The cap to the seperate compartment has come off but after so many years I wouldn't be surprised.

I wish they would bring back this line! Revlon is currently making an illumimator in their Aging line but it's not the same! Bring back what the people want!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was wandering the clearance aisles at Walmart talking to my mom on my cell and actually done with my shopping so was passing the time talking by wandering. I would pick up something and tell her about it and then put it down. When I picked this up in Golden Light for $5, I didn't put it down. I don't have a loose powder as my 11 year old daughter took mine away (but it was a good 4 years old and I hardly used it anyway). I have golden light skin. I could use this! But maybe I should check reviews on Makeupalley first. But this is the last container, it could be gone if I leave it now. My mother wasn't helping when she said Revlon is a good quality brand. I already knew that mom. So I put it in my cart. When I opened the package at home, I liked the fact that the brush was in a separate compartment, but it wasn't a brush I would use. When I opened it up to see the powder, all I could see was glitteriness. I can't wear THIS as a loose powder! I couldn't return it either because I lost the receipt. I decided I could use it as a highlighter and put it in the bathroom on the counter. A couple of nights later I was going out and very very lightly used this all over and it looked great! I'm talking just a smidgeon. The openings on my package weren't even uncovered, so it was just a little that had leaked into the compartment. At night, this makes me look amazing as long as I use very very little all over my face. Yes, if I look at it close up by the mirror, I can see the glittery particles, but no one gets that seriously close to me to see them. During the day, it can be used as a highlighter, although I don't really do anything special that I feel like looking good during the day so I don't use it then. Since I doubt I will ever finish this, I wouldn't buy it again. Besides, it seems to be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by anne2886

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. You can purchase it 'dirt cheap' on:
    A mere $1.99, when it normally sells for $9 and above. Hurry a limited number of colors are left. This is the lowest price I have even seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Mahal_Princesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the powder version which I purchased over 7 years ago. To date I probably used less than 1/4 of the container. This will last me for ages....a little goes a long way. The shade i have is Natural Light. I take a tiny amount and mix the powder with my face moisturizer for daytime. During nights out I apply the highlighter to my arms, clevage and legs. I also have the lotion version which I use more often since it's eaiser to apply. The powder version gets very messy --- I end up with powder all the bathroom counter. However for qty you receive the powder lasts way much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by vandael

I bought my Skinlights in Golden Light about three years ago and I still have almost an entirely full container. This stuff is uber shimmery. Being a makeup newbie back then, I didn't know what exactly to do with it... so I brushed it over my entire face. DUMB, I know. But as a cheek highlighter and body shimmer, this is fabulous! I don't use it during the daytime because I found it to be way too shimmery, borderline freaky on my skin. However, it is a night-time staple for me. Gives me the prettiest glow on my cheekbones. The actual container could use some work... too bad it's already been discontinued, so no room for improvement. The holes were way too big, so whenever I traveled with it, the product spilled all over the inside lid. After awhile I had to confine it to plastic baggie status. I do not wanna deal with a shimmery mess. As for the brush... um, kinda janky. I just use a powder brush for application. Overall, kinda sad I won't be able to re-purchase, but I'm sure mine will last nearly forever.