The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/4/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As someone who has an obsession with keeping my lips soft (as well as an obsession for yummy lip balms), I seriously love this product!

I got the pink grapefruit lip butter. It melted into my lips, made them so hydrated and soft, and they stayed that way for a while. I felt that I didnt have to reapply for at LEAST four hours, and it's the winter, so my lips are getting really dry. A lot of people seem to be having issues with a white cast, but I got the pink grapefruit so I am not having any issues like that.
Will definitely buy again.

on 2/4/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really don't understand this product. It doesn't moisturize my lips. My lips actually get chaffed with this! It leaves a white cast so I always must use a lip gloss or something over it.

I gave it two lippies because I love the jar. It's great for homemade lip treatments.

on 1/7/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first thing: you open the lid, and the smell overwhelms you. ITS SO STRONG I GET HEADACHES. I was a little apprehensive, so I tried it. It left a white cast, and did not hydrate nor did it do anything positive. It didn't dry out my lips, but it certainly did nothing. Two lippies because it makes a great solid perfume LOL

I've got the Strawberry flavored Crisco! Just sits on top of your lips. Horrible product!

on 4/4/2014 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just an awful product...Korres makes Lip Butter waaaaaaaaay better

on 3/29/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is a good product all n all but the body shop does another lip butter but with aloe vera that is seriously amazing ! I prefere the other one much better

www.prettology.com

on 3/29/2014 1:18:00 PM

Really nourishes my lips, it's great to use under lipstick as well. Only downside is the packaging, hate when it gets on my nails.

on 2/24/2014 3:59:00 AM

I got my second mini jar of this and I absolutely love this product.

Nothing nourishes my lips better than this lip butter. I always go for the chocolate scent and use it overnight for best results in the morning.

No matter how dry or chapped my lips can be - this product works miracles. I guess the key is the rich natural formulation it has; the texture is nothing like those vaselyn products - so feels very nourishing and moisturizing.

Whenever I use this lip butter - I have no problem at all with my lips' skin. When applied overnight - it leaves a smooth soft canvas for the lipstick application next morning.
Absolute love here!
For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

on 2/8/2014 3:18:00 AM

I can't help myself I have to buy any beauty product with "butter" in the title. I'm also constantly using lip balms because my lips are naturally dry so I'll try any brand I come across. I got this in the coconut scent. Worst lip moisturizer I've tried. This stuff has a really weird texture and consistency and it made my lips white when I put it on. Ew. It also did nothing for hydrating my lips which is the whole point of a lip butter. I used this maybe twice and threw it away.

on 9/18/2013 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first lip product I bought from TBS. I had a very serious chapped lips so I decided to try the sweet lemon one. I can't tell if it's really moisturizing or not but it didn't heal my chapped lips. I really like the smell and the taste because I love sweet lemon, and that makes me want to lick it off all the time. I ended up buying other lip products from TBS which really helped.

This is more glossy than other lip cares I use. The packaging is okay, sometimes I get bored putting on chapstick, but it could get dirty especially if I need to use it when I'm outside and my hands aren't clean. I don't remember how the texture was when I got it, but I think it melt a bit, especially because my room gets really hot during the day without an AC.

I don't regret buying this because I love wearing it because of the taste and the smell, but for moisturizing my very dry and chapped lips I prefer other products.

Popular Lip Treatments