November 29, 2014 | 1534 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Narcisse

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I remember when this came out in 1992. I was in high school and remember it being a scratch and sniff in the magazine. I thought it was the most amazing scent. I saved up the 40 bucks to buy a 1.7 ounce in the department store. It was worth every penny. I received so many compliments it was ridiculous. This continued to be my fragrance for another 12 years, until one day. All of a sudden, I put it on one morning and I hated it. It actually made me nauseated. I kept the bottom a while and it didn't change. Throughout the years I have used other fragrances. Just recently I found a bottle of it for 15 bucks in TJ Maxx. My first thought when I sprayed it was that it brought me back. My other thought was how disgusting. I guess your tastes change throughout the years.
Even still, if you have never tried it and see a bottle somewhere, it is now very cheap and you will probably get compliments wearing it so it is worth giving it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

I first bought a bottle of this perfume the first time I travelled to the States in duty free, I don't think I have ever had a holiday where I received so many compliments about a perfume. Its very floral but has a darker undertone which lasts and lasts even with the EDT. I have never had the EDP but I guess it would last all day. I never ever tire of this perfume and will wear it forever, its one of my husbands favourite perfumes and he always knows when I am wearing it. I have just run out of my current bottle and would definitely purchase again. The bottle is a bit strange and has this annoying plastic flower lid which I usually just throw away. I would recommend this to any lady who likes a summer, flowery fragrance with a bit of punch!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by addikted

This is another fragrance that totally depends on your chemistry to determine if it smells great vs 80's has been.

Sometimes I spray this and want to wash it off. You do need to let it settle and give it a chance. A quick spray a whiff is not telling enough.

Now, here's what I found interesting. The same bottle, the same day..once OK so-so nothing amazing. Then AFTER BEING IN THE SEA with the saltwater and probably still some sunscreen on my skin, after being outside in the sun, I sprayed it and IMMEDIATELY both me and my friend were overwhelmed by how stunningly gorgeous this smelled! it was grab the bottle, spray more and inhale type goodness.

So try it out properly because it is ridiculously affordable and if it works for you, it'll really work. It's a head turning fragrance on the right skin. Oh and a huge bottle I've had for years (kept out of direct sunlight and what not) still smells exactly the same. So there's some quality in the ingredients to keep it so stable.

I've just given it another go at home and I'm going to see how long it lasts and what the dry down's like after having not used this one for a while. (I have so many perfumes to choose from in a day that this one doesn't get much use, but I'm going to see if that should change. Sometimes you forget why you bought certain perfumes and it's good to try again.)

The bottle is fairly plain, huge with a tulip shaped frosted cap. But for this one it's all about what's inside. Would I repurchase? Prob not and not because i dont think it's worth owning, but just as this bottle is huge and I doubt I'll run out anytime soon. And I have so many others I'd like again that'd be on the repurchase list before this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Spicy, mysterious heaven, that's what Chloe Narcisse is all about. In a hardly subdued way. Wear her in the cooler weather, in the fall or winter, on the week-ends, outside, with the turn of the leaves, and this perfume is just right. Powdery with an undercurrent of fruits, spices, florals and woods. Swirling notes of orange blossom, violets, peach, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar continue to tantalize those who surround the wearer and dance heavily with clicking heels in this deep perfume. Tolu balsam encompasses all to give a sweet amber finish.
The Chloe family always reminded me of dark clothing, misty jazz clubs filled with smoke, art galleries off the beaten path filled with eccentric odd paintings and street photography. It's for the woman who wears silver and gold jewelry at the same time, long vintage earrings, 1950's bangle bracelets and 1940's suit jackets with her just right capris and ballet slippers. Her lips are stoplight red and she arches her brows. She turns heads wherever she goes but not because she wants to, rather, because she is a composition of classics well put together and she does it right, although mysteriously and not many can. She stands alone and cannot be duplicated. That's what Chloe Narcisse is all about.
Top Notes: Pineapple, Apricot, Orange Blossom, Violet, Peach, Marigold.
MIddle Notes: Spices, Carnation, Gardenia, Jasmine, Rose Oil, Rose, Narcissus.
Base Notes: Tolu Balsam, Sandalwood, Musk, Vanilla, Cedar.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Massively sweet floral. A scent that is utterly 'itself', that you will never confuse with another (like Lou Lou, Poison...referencing other BIG fragrances here)!
Chloe Narcisse has what I think of as 'spores', meaning that it leaves traces of itself on any and everything in your vicinity, and also lasts either endlessly or interminably, depending. A careful hand with application is a must.

It brings to mind clouds of blue incense, a maelstrom of florals, and is a very present character. It's perfect with the right mood or setting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Gorgeous, gorgeous, one of the best! Floral, powdery, a touch of sweetness withplum and peach, syrupy but dry at the same time like a late harvest wine. perfect Narcissus the smell of spring with a crisp wintry edge. Hot and cold at the same time. I cannot help feeling glamorous and powerfully seductive when wearing this one. Men will fall, you will recieve compliments galore. When you are in the under 30s bracket wearing this like me you are going to stick out in the crowd like a sore thumb but in an amazing way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by RestlessYouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, my mom bought this and absolutely loved it! When she came into my room and left I could still smell the strong beautiful scent. I was so happy when she gave it to me even though she loved it herself. Everywhere I go people ask about the scent. I Also love it because it is kind of an older unique smell. Just a great perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I prefer this floral fragrance to others such as Red Door or White Diamonds. Although, I feel like this fragrance is suited older and not in my age range. My Mom does like this though. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by crysna

I almost cry last week when I was shopping and I found this jewel! It was one of my grandmas favorite fragrance, I remember when she put some of this frag over me! I ended buying a gift set for me, and it's definitely a FLORIENTAL fragrance, romantic, feminine and timeless; with sweet undertones. It's loud and a little goes a long way! Lovely package will buy it again and again! Love u Grandma wish u were here ;)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised when I saw this in Walmart months ago after not seeing it in ages! It was always my friends favorite and I had never wore it so I got the 1.7 oz for $22 and was very pleased with the price. Its a strong floral that packs a powerful punch. I can see how this might be overpowering or gross if someone sprayed too much, but is subtle and sweet if used carefully. Ive enjoyed it and love the pretty bottle too.