Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Nice soap! It has a light smell and is a very gentle soap. It leaves skin soft and clear.

on 2/17/2015 10:48:00 PM

It's so nice and moisturizing.It has fragrance...ugh Even though It doesn't irritate my skin now doesn't mean it won't sensitize it.I was allergic to my facewash ive been using for 2 years.Yes,it took that long!.Thankfully I only bought one bar.After I finish it im gonna start using aqueous cream as a substitute for emollient soap!

on 2/17/2015 11:31:00 AM

This is the only bar cleanser that works for both face and body. It just works well!

on 2/16/2015 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I alternate between the regular and Sensitive Skin/Unscented versions. I prefer the latter for my face, and the former for my body, but I have also used the scented version on my face without any problems. I have combo skin, a super oily t-zone, but dry flaky cheeks, and this little bar takes care of both issues better than most traditional facial cleansers I have tried. Also, I tend to break out both on my face or body from most cleansers/body washes, and when I use this consistently, I never break out anywhere. I'm always trying out other cleansers, but this is my fall-back when they let me down. This is effective, gentle, and very cost effective for this mama on a budget!

on 2/12/2015 9:54:00 AM

I use the regular and the sensitive version which basically takes out the minimal amount of fragrance the original bar has. Both are good. I was hesitant to try it at first, thinking it would dry my skin out. I'd been using Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming or Purpose/Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming. I tried Dove once for a day or so and it seemed drying. But I used it for a week and my skin looked and felt so much better! It's really helped simplify my skincare routine. I use it for my body and face. It keeps my skin balanced, soft and nice. I'm sorry I hesitated using it in the first place. It really is a great basic facial and body cleansing bar and good for sensitive skin that's prone to breaking out.

I have been using Dove soap for 30 years and will never use any other soap. I love the pure smell and the way it makes my skin feel. I started using it in 1984 when my daughter was 9 months old. The Dr. told me to use it on her skin along with Eucerin lotion because she had a severe case of eczema covering every inch of her poor little body. It immediately started working and within a week her skin was baby soft again. She sill uses it to this day as well.

on 1/18/2015 10:19:00 PM

I used to like the Dove bar, but I find it too drying for my skin type. This soap is definitely much more moisturizing than other soaps, but I still cannot use this for extended periods of time. I like the variety of fragrances that this comes in and the price is right. I would not repurchase this for myself.

on 1/18/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best bar soap on the market. Gentle enough to use on your face and your lady parts. Love the clean soap smell, too.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used this many years, and I also like the smell of it, it is very refreshing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A classic multi-purpose beauty product! This is the only thing Ive been using in my shower for years for everything - cleansing, shaving and intimate hygiene. In case of emergency I can use it as a face cleanser or even as a shampoo (tried it and it worked fine). Love it.