Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used this for years on my body, as my skin is pretty sensitive and can get dry, and never had any issues using this.
Lately, my face has been a bit meh, not really looking great, a bit of acne coming up, just feeling a bit ugly, so I tried the Dove on my face before bed. The next day, my lumps had reduced considerably. I have used this for the last week, and so far so good. I do like the feeling of washing with a soap, I kinda like the clean feeling, which is probably just tightening of my skin to be honest, but I moisturise afterwards with some coconut oil and all seems good so far. I will updated in a few weeks to see if this has continued to impress, as normally I am impressed with something early on, then it upsets my skin.

on 7/11/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's a good bar of soap. Doesn't irritate or dry out skin. Doesn't cause breakouts either. Actually, this soap is recommended for patients to use before having surgery.

on 7/11/2015 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Dove soap dried my skin out and make it feel like a residue was left behind and seeing that i wash my whole body 2 full times in the shower i know im clean so after 3-4 days of using this it got grated and sprinkled under my back porch to keep the p!ss ants away lol but true.

on 6/26/2015 8:06:00 AM

I tried this as a face cleanser but found it a bit drying

on 6/21/2015 10:52:00 AM

Dries my skin out so bad it hurt to put moisturiser on!

on 6/16/2015 4:16:00 PM

This works great as a substitute for shaving-cream. It leaves the skin feeling smooth & unlike most soaps this does not strip your skin of moisture making it dry & prone to razor burn.. Even people with sensitive skin can use this product on their body as it is really gentle.
One thing that I don't like about this soap is the smell, but then again everyone likes different scents therefore it's not a problem in general.

on 6/12/2015 12:30:00 AM

I have literally used this soap fo 5+ years now and will never ever change.
WHY??? it makes your skin feel great, honestly takes all the dirty and grim off and any smell, leaving you happy when you leave the shower or bath!! it honestly is so great..

on 6/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

I lovvvee this product I use the white bar for really really sensitive skin. I tried sooo many different things. Cetaphil burned and left it so dry. I wash twice a day and immediately after I apply the brand simple sensitive skin lotion which was amazing. I literally broke out so bad which I never do from using Neutrogena soap bar really damaged. I switched to this and in two days I saw a huge difference my cheeks looked way better. It helped with the drying as well. My aunt suggested toothpaste on them but they were already dry and made the part of skin flake off and burned. I only suggest toothpaste on fresh pimples. Sorry for this book I just typed but a lot of people come and read these and like tips as well. I never suggest scrubbing or anything else. And my skin will rash up if I change using and this really cleans. Thanks!

I've used this as:
1. Facial wash- did not break me out, but I did not like the 'film' it leaves on my skin after, & I've always preferred using liquid facial washes, so I stopped using it.
2. Body soap- I had a bad bout of atopic dermatitis 7yrs ago & my dermatologist recommended I use this. Very moisturizing but I've always preferred liquid body washes so after my AD completely healed, I switched back to liquid.
3. Shaving cream- quite effective, left my legs nicely moisturized after.
4. Feminine wash- My sister, who's a Physician, told me her OB-Gyne recommended this as a daily wash. I was surprised to find that I liked it for that purpose, but after a couple of months, I switched back to liquid feminine washes out of habit (& laziness, I guess!)
Overall, I'd say this is a good multitasking product that gives great value for the price. I wish I can find the super tiny ones they used to sell previously, I'd definitely buy those again!

on 5/27/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used this soap for year and I still love it works well for me. It's gentle but I feel like they changed the formula cause back then I'd get out of the shower and go back in again cause I felt like I didn't rinse well, it felt creamy if that makes sense. I use this when I don't wanna moisturize but I don't want my face to feel dry. I live in a very hot region of Africa and sweat and moisturizer is just ugh... I tried switching to the other types and the liquid soap, the green one smells like irish spring which I don't like too strong and there's a pink one I think which didn't make any significant difference and the liquid one smells so darn strong it's choking. So I came back to the original bar. I'll keep repurchasing this its nice and affordable. Even blogs and dermalogists recommend this.