Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-in Conditioner

4.2

on 6/15/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff is my HG leave-in conditioner! I spent almost a year cheating on it and boy was that a mistake. I tried to so many different leave-in products from creams to sprays to serums that just weren't working. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong but then remembered that my hair never felt so dry and damaged when I was using this stuff. My fine and damaged hair is really picky when it comes to leave-it's. Either they make my hair soft but weigh it down or are too light and leave my hair feeling dry and easily tangled. This stuff doesn't weigh my hair down, truly smoothies and moisturizes my hair to where it doesn't get tangled, and somehow makes my fine strands feel thicker. The bottle also lasts a long time for me so it's a great bang for your buck. The only thing is that I wish it smelled better. It has a sort of floral scent that I don't really care for but it doesn't linger so it's fine.

This was used on my hair at the salon and I couldn't stop touching my hair afterwards because of how soft and silky it was! I have really thick, long, dry, over-processed hair that tangles easily and this keeps my hair soft and smooth for days without weighing it down at all (this is very light, not greasy). I just comb this through towel dried hair and blow dry and I'm able to run my fingers through my hair (which is something I usually can't do without running into a knot). As if my hair wasn't soft enough, flat ironing with this makes it feel as soft as silk! I've been using It's a 10 (original formula) before this one, which I still love, but I think this works just a little bit better as a leave in conditioner considering it is very light. I feel like I can't put too much of this product on my hair, where as with It's a 10 I had to be mindful of how much i put on so that my hair did not end up feeling like "dirty hair". Not to mention this smells beautiful. Very happy with this product

on 1/9/2015 10:55:00 PM

This was used in my hair when I was getting a cut and blow dry at the salon. I was in awe about how smooth my hair came out and how my hair stayed straight for 3 days. The hair stylist sweated by this product so I went out and purchased it. I love it. I used a dime size amount on towel dried hair and combed through. My hair comes out much smoother and prolongs my blow out. I am very happy with product and regret purchasing it's a 10 so many times. That weighted down my hair and made it look greasy.

on 12/14/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also bought this a little over a year ago due to a YouTube video I watched. I love the gel-cream texture and the light fresh floral scent. It's not expensive at all considering how little product you need and the sheer amount of it you get. I apply it right out of the shower on towel dried hair from about the ears down and rake the last of it onto the tops a little bit. It works for me whether I air dry or blow dry. If I air dry it gives me a soft textured look as it brings out more of my wave pattern and if I blow dry it makes it sleek, shiny, soft, and yet full of body. It's a major plus that it has sun protection in it as well. I have tried many leave-in conditioners and this one is one of my favorites for sure. Others make my hair too sleek and too straight but this one manages to add body and control to my styles almost like a style prep. Also, with my amount of hair I go through bottles and bottles of leave-ins super fast but this one is almost never-ending! It's also versatile: sometimes I like to use it as a styling product to scrunch for frizz control and more definition and texture on my air dried hair.

I watched a video on YouTube and a girl was raving about this product. I'm a hair product junkie so I figured i would give it a try. I found it at Marshall's for 6.99 so I couldn't pass it up. After I shower I spray a little bit of my leave in conditioner and then I apply a pea size amount to my ends! My hair has never felt so soft, and when I blow dry it and flat iron it feels so amazing. I also feel like this product can help with dry time. I highly recommend this product. And it'll last forever, a little bit goes a long way!

I have fine hair, down to my shoulders, letting color grow out. I was looking for something to protect my hair from my everyday blow drying habit. I read great reviews about this and decided to try it. I just can't get the hang of how to use it! I tried a pea size amount on my towel dried ends and my hair felt creamy and gross all day. I diluted a table spoon of it in 1/4 cup water in a spray bottle and sprayed it on my hair. It left my hair soft and shiny but did nothing for the frizz. Don't think it was worth $12. Maybe I'll try it as a regulate conditioner in the shower.

on 1/28/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best leave-in conditioners I have tried. Leaves hair super smooth and shiny. It also contains sunscreen so it protects hair from sun too. Love it.

on 12/1/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. It made my hair feel really nice, and it seemed to tame the frizzies (I have curly hair). The smell is wonderful! When I was out of this kind, I actually bought the kind specifically for colored hair, which is good, but the texture is more runny and the smell isn't as yummy, but its still nice. Overall, this is a great leave-in conditioner. Not too heavy and does a good job.

on 4/21/2012 5:09:00 PM

I saw a YouTube video a while back from someone who adored this product. I just happened to come across a HUGE bottle of it on sale for $10 so I just had to give it a try. At first I did not like the product. I thought it made my hair feel waxy, tangled and greasy. I buried it in the bathroom closet for months but then I decided to give it another shot. I've grown to like this product, but it took a while to figure out what works best for my hair. First of all, I only apply this if I'm washing my hair in the morning. I don't know why, but if I wash my hair at night, then apply this, it becomes waxy and tangled, impossible to deal with in the morning. Another thing is that I find it works better if I blow dry my hair. If I let my hair air dry, again, it get's waxy and tangled. You really only need the tiniest amount, a dime-sized squirt is more than enough. And make sure to only apply to the very ends of your hair, and only on damp hair. Otherwise it's a greasy mess. When used properly it really makes my hair soft, smooth and shiny :) So overall, I'm satisfied with the product now that I've figured out what works best for my hair type. But it definitely is a finicky product and I don't use it everyday for that reason. I only use it every few days, I use a regular conditioner the rest of the time. I'm pretty sure I will not have to repurchase for a looooooong time. I've been using the 1L for a year now and I've barely made a dent in it!

on 12/14/2011 11:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I use it every time my hair starts to feel like straw. I wash and blow dry my hair every single day (I know I'm not supposed to but my hair feels gross if I don't), so it's pretty damaged. If I use my flat iron like 3 days in a row, my hair will feel like straw on the 4th day (even though I use a heat protectant). However, after I use Rusk's Smoother my hair is super soft and smooth and will stay that way until I over-use my flat iron again. It really is a miracle product. I love it and recommend it to anyone with dry damaged hair.

Top Rated Rusk Products