OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 9/3/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guess there is really nothing new to say about this polish other than to say it is perfect! (IMO) I started using this color several years ago when I was wearing acrylics, and naturally, it looked amazing on 10 perfectly squared, longish nails. Then I decided to lose the acrylic habit and go with my natural nails. Needless to say, they never make it to the length of my acrylics, and sometimes they are uneven if one breaks...BUT this color still looks absolutely wonderful! It covers well, wears well, and is a nice darkish red, without looking like Vampira! I have used this color year around, and I can't begin to count the number of bottles I have used up. My HG red, for sure. I only buy OPI polish now. I have used Essie, Butter, China Glaze, Chanel, CD, etc., etc. I've never found a better polish, at any price!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this nail polish so much! I have a lot of reds but this is very unique and nothing like I own! The formula goes on super smooth and evenly with two coats and the lasting power is surprisingly good considering it's dark. It looks great as both a manicure and pedicure and I would wear this all year around. OPI is a bit expensive for some but you get why you pay for...it's worth the money for such a great quality! I will definitely repurchase if and when I run out!

on 5/6/2015 8:51:00 AM

This is such a beautiful colour: cream deep red with a hint of berry. I love all shades of red, so I am a big fan.

I marked it down slightly because I found the formula I little more difficult to work with than most of other OPIs I own. Difficult to get around the edges, so ended up quite messy around cuticles.

on 5/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Can't believe I've never stumbled across this gem before. Dark blue-red wine colored and perfect non-streaky and even application. Looks even better on than in the bottle, one of the best reds I've ever seen. Really fantastic in all regards. Trust the raves here and look for this one - it's so perfect.

on 2/14/2015 8:52:00 PM

Not sure I can contribute anything original here; all the reviews sum it up and then some. This is a stunner, IMHO, and I'd definitely buy it again. So flattering, vibrant, smart-looking & sophisticated-just a gorgeous ruby red to me-and a cold weather one at that. Despite it's cool undertone, I agree that it would probably look great on just about any skin tone out there. Try it if you haven't!

on 2/14/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this polish. It is so smooth, classy and regal on the nails. Absolutely fell in love with this polish. Another success from OPI it is a true wine colour red which i think looks great on all skin tones. It is opaque in 1-2 coats depending on a thick or thin application. Another bonus is that it doesn't stain your nails which most dark colours tend to do. This is a perfect polish to add to your nail arsenal!

on 1/10/2015 4:35:00 PM

Love, love, love this nailpolish. Best deep red nailpolish ever. My favorite!

I found this little gem when looking for a dupe of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu nail polish, because I needed a cheaper alternative. With OPI's extensive colour range, I knew I would find something. This is it! With two coats, this polish produces a deep blue-toned red that is creamy with a slight jelly-like sheen. Many people have told me that they actually prefer this colour than the Guerlain one that I was looking for. The colour is more rich and is more berry-like than brown-toned. On my pale skin, it is stunning to say the least. I think I will be wearing this quite frequently this fall and winter.

on 9/16/2014 7:15:00 PM

This is the perfect red to transition into fall. As others have said, it's a blood red, and in sunlight it looks cherry. Opacity can be achieved with one good coat, if you like. For my pedi, I did a single coat since I didn't want it TOO dark, then I used Sally Hansen Super Shine topcoat....I am at ten days without a chip. And as usual with OPI, application is a breeze.

on 7/30/2014 10:40:00 PM

This polish is a true blood red. Indoors it's definitely darker and more sultry. Outdoors, it takes on a maraschino cherry hue. Malaga Wine is classic and it should feel right anytime. The texture is very jelly-like but adds to the shine and overall mood.

Popular Polishes