Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 4/15/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't speak for it's effectiveness in removing waterproof makeup, but it removes all of my mascara and eyeshadow super easily. Only thing is there is a bit of an oily residue, not significant enough for me to give it up though. I'd been using makeup remover wipes for the past few months, but I found them to be too irritating. If you don't use waterproof mascara and want a cheap makeup remover, this stuff is great.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I received this product (waterproof version) for free for testing purposes. While it's not oily, which I like, and doesn't irritate my eyes, it's not really good for removing waterproof eyeliner. It works ok on eyeshadows and regular mascara. I definitely won't purchase.

on 1/29/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This doesnt remove waterproof mascara very well. I've used other eye make up removers that are better. I only bought this because I wanted something cheap and I didnt want to have to research which one is good in the drugstore. I wont buy this again. I'm going to use it up then use a different drug store brand since I dont want to buy high end eye make up remover. Disappointing.

on 1/24/2015 2:23:00 PM

I have tried many eye makeup removers lately and this one is my favorite! It is amazing at removing any kind of eye makeup espically waterproof makeup. Probably the best waterproof makeup remover I have come across. It doesn't leave any oily residue at all which one is one of my eye makeup remover pet peeves. The price is right too!

I received this product free for testing purposes in my #FrostyVoxBox from Influenster. While there was no oily residue and the makeup remover did not irritate my eyes at all (as some makeup removers can do), it did not actually remove makeup very well. I had to rub my eyes pretty roughly and it still did not come off very well. Check out more on this and other items in the #FrostyVoxBox at http://www.artofthriftiness.com/the-1st-voxbox-experience-frostyvoxbox/.

on 1/13/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this complementary from Influenster in a VoxBox. It didn't work for me. I soaked the cotton ball with this stuff because I thought I was the problem. It still wouldn't get the mascara off. I used Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof mascara, so it wasn't a brand problem! When I was cleaning up some application smudges from my Rimmel Volume Accelerator (not waterproof), I gave it another shot. Unfortunately, it didn't even work as well as plain water. I tossed it.

on 1/6/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I always wear waterproof mascara because anything other kind smudges... and this removes it perfectly. I have sensitive skin around my eyes and this doesn't irritate or sting at all. I've repurchased a bunch of times already.

on 12/14/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is good for getting everything off EXCEPT waterproof mascara. It takes a lot of work to get waterproof mascara off and in fact starts to irritate my eyes. I'm sure it would be good with washable though.

This is one of my favourite eye makeup removers. It feels just like water but breaks down all my eye makeup (and I wear a lot of it). It doesn't burn or sting and it doesn't leave an oily residue on my eyelids. It even removes remnants of built up lash glue as I wear false lashes daily. I'll always repurchase as it's cheap and works perfectly. The only downside to this is that it isn't really readily available where I live.

on 9/27/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This product is fairly unique in that it isn't a dual-phase remover and pretty much feels like water on the skin. I have sensitive eyes and this product does not irritate them at all. I find that it doesn't work as well when using a cotton pad as suggested on the bottle. I actually pour a bit onto a microfiber towel and hold it against my eye for a few seconds before wiping away. All of my eyeshadow comes off and another swipe ensures my eyeliner and mascara are gone. It's not magic, but it gets the job done.

My only gripe with this product is the packaging. It's very basic and I find it a bit hard to only pour out a small amount. However, for the price this isn't really a big deal. Definitely a winner.