October 21, 2014 | 1594 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by makeuplife2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this foundation only bc I already bought it. It is soooooooooo oily and gets on everything my face to touches. Like seriously who wants to be talking on thier White Iphone get off and see foundation all over the screen and white part. Its horrible and I will never be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by snazzyjazzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I saw the reviews for this product, I was a little horrified. I'd managed to snag some online without realizing how damming the reviews were. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The coverage isn't that full, which I quite like because it appears quite natural too me. I found it easy to apply with a stippling brush, and it outlasted my MAC concealers I'd used previously, as well as my NATIO foundation. It didn't run, or oxidise, despite my oily skin. If you can, I'd recommend getting a tester before you buy this, as it appears to be very hit and miss!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

This foundation is no good. Trust me..
This was actually my first foundation ever, and back then I thought that only highend foundations were the real deal. I was wrong. At least I was with this one. The only thing I like about it is that the colour matches me perfectly (love MAC's colourrange).
This foundation feels so so sooo heavy on the skin. One of those foundations you wanna remove the second after you've put it on. Also it tends to set into my dry patches, which looks really cakey and just not good at all! There's so many better foundations out there, even drugstore. (L'oreal True Match is good)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Henab

This foundation always makes me look more yellow by the end of the day. I choice the shade recommended to me by 2 mac reps but the colour never seems natural to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To be honest, I hate this foundation. My friend gave it to me because she just couldn't work with it. Giving away a mac foundation says enough already ofcourse but alright. I tried it. Our color is rather similar so I could. I've used this foundation 3 times in total. Every time I just HATED it. It just made me angry walking around with this foundation and that mac would make a foundation SO bad. Now I don't want to offend the people who love this foundation, they might have another skin type or use it differently.

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin that looked like reaaaally dry and dead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or anything. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- doesnt cover enough
- weird formula
- has poor staying power
- annoying packaging since it doesn;t have a pump
- dries weird, ugly finish

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by gheenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in NC30 (as suggested by the Mac MUA). First off, i had to buy a pump for it, which costs like 7$+ (that's a good sale price for DS foundation already). Nevertheless, I gave it a go. The MUA said that this gives a lighter coverage than the Studio fix, and since it's summer I thought i'd give the lighter coverage a go.

The foundation had a thin, almost runny consistency, not creamy or thick at all (unlike MAC Studio Fix or Revlon Colorstay.) Light to medium coverage, but you can build it up. However, It sits weird on my face, and it stings pretty bad! It has a weird scent to it too. I dont put foundation immediately around the eye area, but it still stung my eye. My face is not very sensitive, and no acne at all to begin with, so the sting was a huge surprise.

A few hours after applying, the color oxidized on me, and my face became a patchy orange-y beige. The dry patches on my skin also became visible. I used it alone over moisturizer, and tried it over my Sephora Primer as well. both times, the foundation did't really do anything.

I find that if you don't use this product for 3 days, the liquid film kinda "sits" on top of the pigmented liquid, and you'll see it when you pump. SO i had to give it a nice shake so that the color mixes in with the oily liquid. Pretty bad, for just 3 days of no use.

I tried SO hard to finish the bottle content as i felt bad throwing it out (i've never swapped ever, have to learn!)... but the sting and oxidation were both too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by rachama2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin like reaaaally dry ead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or something. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- doesnt cover enough
- weird formula
- has poor staying power
- annoying packaging since it doesn;t have a pump
- dries weird, ugly finish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by michkal

This is one of few foundations that I have repurchased. I find this to be a good combination of good coverage without looking too heavy. It looks best if your skin is well moisturized first, as it can look obvious over flaky areas. I have normal to combination skin with some breakouts at times. I find that when I wear this foundation, I don't break out as much. There are so many shades that you are bound to find one that fits you. I spread this on with my fingers because it can look streaky applied with a brush. It is long wearing and actually seems to look better as the day goes on. I definitely recommend giving this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by KathyyD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a big fan of this product. When i first discovered the Mac SPF 15 foundation, i was in love with it. My sister wore it and i loved the full coverage it gave her. I started using the foundation and wore it daily. I started noticing that the foundation was patchy on my skin, which made it look really cakey and many people noticed this too. As little amount as i applied it still made my skin look dry. I already have dry skin, so this did not compliment my skin whatsoever.

Mac products contain alot of chemicals, and i only noticed that the chemicals became effective when i washed and cleansed my face. My face was so unhealthy to what it used to be. I was starting to break out and my skin was no longer smooth. My skin could not breathe under the heavy weight foundation, and i knew i had to stop wearing it. When my sister takes off her makeup i see that her skin is so unhealthy and that makes her wear more foundation to cover up the imperfections and then results to even more poor skin.

I only recommend this product for a night out one every week or so. Its lasting power is the best ive seen on any foundation lasting nearly up to the next day and the coverage will definitely cover any acne and pimples.

Its a dewy finish, so if you have oily skin you need to really powder this up, which makes it even more cakey, if not then you will have a nice finish.

Not for everyday wear, because of the results it leaves for your skin, but weekly wear is something worth having.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is not for those with acne scars. It barely covers anything. the coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer. I would recommend for those with clear skin.