October 22, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Christaaal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this fabulous Mac lipstick at nordstroms recently. I was looking for a nice deep red that I could wear in the fall and winter months. This color us a beautiful deep red wine color ! I pair it with Mac burgundy lip liner , it is very close to the Diva color. This lipstick looks fabulous matte or with a gloss over it ! I would recommend this color if you want something a bit sexy for a night out on the town !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Diva is described as "intense reddish-burgundy" & that's exactly how it looks on the lips. It costs $16 at MAC stores & on their website; I got it two weeks ago & never wore it until today. This is my fourth lipstick from MAC, but my first Matte. Most of us know matte formulas typically dry out your lips & draw attention to them if they're chapped or split. After applying a medicated lip balm, I put this on & had no issue. If you have a lipstick primer or sealer, I'd use that. I did notice a little bleeding. In regards to lip liners, I'd use a matching burgundy one or brown.

Wearing Diva today, I actually received two compliments & now I'm borderline obsessed with it. I hardly ever wear red (much less such a dark one) lipstick so finding one that looks this good on me is great. I can already tell I'm going to wear it all fall & winter. This is the dark, sexy red that I need now that it's season. In my opinion, this is too I don't want to say vampy, but too dark & edgy for everyday wear.

Note: Dupes are Revlon Raisin Rage & Wet N' Wild Cherry Bomb

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Shannanleanneeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful colour, brilliant for winter. Would suite an array of skin tones. The only down fall is the lasting power, the finish is matte and although it does stain the lips, the product wears off fairly quick.
The packaging is typical MAC, which is simple and efficient - it holds up well. The packaging doesn't 'wow' me however I'd rather the product make me go 'wow' than the packaging.

This will be my winter go to lipstick (although i'll need a heavy duty lip balm!) :)
(The lipstick cost me 15.50)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by MACdiva24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product!!! It's gorgeous for fall/winter. It's a deep burgundy red it goes really well with MAC night moth liner. It's long lasting and has a beautiful matte texture. I hope they never discontinue this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by FancyMeBrit

My very first lipstick and purchase from MAC. I absolutely swear by this lipstick! OMG it was matte, it applied so nicely, and the color! 😍 definitely worth the hype!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

First lipstick from MAC. Beautiful color. For a matte finish, this doesn't dry out my lip. I wore it as stain once and it lasted the whole morning. Definitely long wearing. Is it weird that I like the smell of this?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by missmorganbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lippy is so rich in color and its beautiful! Only reason why i dont think I would buy again is because I found a Revlon color that very similar that I like better, plus its half the price. My besties introduced this color to me and I really like on my brown skin. I'll probably use it more now since the weather is getting cooler.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by arabiannights

MAC SA: "Is this your first lipstick from MAC?"
Me: "Umm, yeah..."
SA: "Are you sure you don't want something like Creme Cup or Angel?"
Me: "No, I'm a vampire. It's ok."
SA: "..."

Since, it's almost Autumn, I decided to go and get myself a dark lipstick. This was my first MAC lipstick (not typically what you'd probably go for, but I HATE baby pinks), and after I got it I spent about ten minutes just holding it and running around my house singing Madonna's "Like A Virgin" at the top of my lungs.

The name of this lipstick does things to me, guys. I can't help myself.

AND THE COLOR IS SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T

It's a deep, vampy wine or burgundy color, and even though it's a matte, it's not a Retro Matte, and therefore more of a cream finish which is comfortable on even my Sahara desert-dry lips. The price is alright, definitely more affordable than some other HE brands, and the packaging is shaped just like a bullet ITS SO CUTE I LOVE THIS TOO MUCH TO USE IT. It's definitely perfect for fall and winter, and I'm sure it'll look really nice on top of a deep brick red liner, like Plush Plum from Jordana or MAC's Brick.

This looks seriously amazeballs on my super yellow-toned NC25 skin. If you don't already have this, or you want to step out of your comfort zone, BUY THIS. The hype around this is real. <3

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally, I had my heart set on trying and buying Dark Side. However, once I applied that in person, I found it too purple and sheer for my taste (I'm used to opaque, matte finishes). The next one that caught my eye was this, Diva. More red-brown-burgundy and appropriate for my warm, fair skin. The lasting power is great. A couple swipes over a thin layer of chapstick lasted me a whole 6 hour work shift (included eating and lots of talking). I use clear lipliner, but this would probably be beautiful with a burgundy or even brown liner as well. My usual lipstick is actually Viva Glam I, but I will want to use this during Fall and Winter.

Currently I still have my summer tan, but in a month or so, I expect this shade will look even better when I pale out to about NC20. It brightens up the face and really brings out the whites of my eyes and teeth =]

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AN ESSENTIAL to anyone's lipstick collection.

This is exactly the not-cliche-Marilyn-Monroe-red-and-more-dramatic red I've been looking for. It has a matte finish, especially when applied with Burgundy Lip Liner by MAC.
The two make a stunning combination.

Lasts long! I could go two meals without having to reapply.

Amazing coverage. Does not leave empty spots on your lipsticks like other MAC lipsticks tend to do and looks great even when applied without lip liner or a brush.

Definitely a MAC classic.