November 1, 2014 | 924 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sometimes I don't get the hype for Mac brushes, but I always end up buying them for eyeshadows because they work so much better than other brands I've tried. This one along with 242 and 217 are must haves. It's so soft and firm that the eyeshadows goes where I want it to go without fallout and it packs on the color a lot! With these three brushes I am done with eye makeup in half the time than when using other high or low end brushes, they just work very well, and the size is right for normal-sized eyelids.
My 2c, after looking into brushes intensively for the past two months..if your budget allows it get these three, esp 239. I looked into dupes (i.e., sigma) and other higher end brushes (okay, not the 80$ ones) and still these are the best.
Plus, I've had mac pencil and eyeliner brush for the past TEN years and they still work like new!!! They do last a life time (and I only started taking care of them well this year, imagine).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I need to buy 3 more of these. HG shadow brush. Dense and the perfect size. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush! IMO this and the 217 are must have brushes, and every girl should have them. This brush is white, and has natural bristles. It is a great brush to pack on color, and that's what I mainly use it for. Over time this brush may stain, but if you clean it regularly (I recommend once a week) it won't get too bad. I use baby shampoo to clean, and rinse it with conditioner. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent for packing on eyeshadow. I love it and use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I formerly relied mainly on my 242 to apply my base eyeshadow colors, but I'm finding myself reaching for the 239 more frequently in recent times. Not to say I don't love the 242, it's a great synthetic brush, perfect for packing on powder or cream shadow, but the 242 is a tad fluffier and rounded at the tip, so it allows for a softer, more diffused application - if that makes sense. It is also quite excellent for laying down an opaque application of eyeshadow as well, just pat as opposed to sweep.

I typically use lighter or neutral-toned mattes with this brush as I've notice it is prone to staining. However, MAC Brush Cleaner seems to adequately clean the brush. I've had this brush for several years and it has held up well. Not sure that I would repurchase it as I can likely achieve the same results with other more inexpensive brushes, but it's a good brush and it's one of my currently favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful brush. I have it in the regular size and the travel size. The regular size seems a little bigger and flatter, while the travel size seems slightly thicker and dense. Either way, I love them both for applying shadow on my lid. It works great to pat the shadow in and also to carry it up into the crease. I use this for my brow highlight. If you just use the tip, you can smudge liner on the bottom lashline or put shadow there, too. This is a multi-purpose brush and something worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite mac brushes. Easy to apply product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A must-have eye brush, the best in its category for packing compact eye shadow. It never sheds and even after years of use, I can still use mine, although the bristles are quite shorter but not hard. Don't be put off by their white colour, a few drops of Brush Cleanser and even the darkest shadow disappears without leaving the brush stained. I have 6 or 7 of them and will keep buying and buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best brush for packing eyeshadow in my opinion. I own the Sigma and Sedona lace shader brushes, but they don't compare, they are too big, and don't pack shadow the same way. I still like them but they arent as good as this one. This is the only MAC brush I feel there is no dupe for and so I will be getting another one ... eventually, it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a brush to pack on color on the lids, this is the best brush for that. I've had this brush for about 5 years and it's still going strong. It never sheds or loses its shape and it applies intense color directly on the lids without you having to go back into your eyeshadow pot for more color. This brush is well worth the price along with the 217.