July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent for packing on eyeshadow. I love it and use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I formerly relied mainly on my 242 to apply my base eyeshadow colors, but I'm finding myself reaching for the 239 more frequently in recent times. Not to say I don't love the 242, it's a great synthetic brush, perfect for packing on powder or cream shadow, but the 242 is a tad fluffier and rounded at the tip, so it allows for a softer, more diffused application - if that makes sense. It is also quite excellent for laying down an opaque application of eyeshadow as well, just pat as opposed to sweep.

I typically use lighter or neutral-toned mattes with this brush as I've notice it is prone to staining. However, MAC Brush Cleaner seems to adequately clean the brush. I've had this brush for several years and it has held up well. Not sure that I would repurchase it as I can likely achieve the same results with other more inexpensive brushes, but it's a good brush and it's one of my currently favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful brush. I have it in the regular size and the travel size. The regular size seems a little bigger and flatter, while the travel size seems slightly thicker and dense. Either way, I love them both for applying shadow on my lid. It works great to pat the shadow in and also to carry it up into the crease. I use this for my brow highlight. If you just use the tip, you can smudge liner on the bottom lashline or put shadow there, too. This is a multi-purpose brush and something worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite mac brushes. Easy to apply product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A must-have eye brush, the best in its category for packing compact eye shadow. It never sheds and even after years of use, I can still use mine, although the bristles are quite shorter but not hard. Don't be put off by their white colour, a few drops of Brush Cleanser and even the darkest shadow disappears without leaving the brush stained. I have 6 or 7 of them and will keep buying and buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best brush for packing eyeshadow in my opinion. I own the Sigma and Sedona lace shader brushes, but they don't compare, they are too big, and don't pack shadow the same way. I still like them but they arent as good as this one. This is the only MAC brush I feel there is no dupe for and so I will be getting another one ... eventually, it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a brush to pack on color on the lids, this is the best brush for that. I've had this brush for about 5 years and it's still going strong. It never sheds or loses its shape and it applies intense color directly on the lids without you having to go back into your eyeshadow pot for more color. This brush is well worth the price along with the 217.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This necessary brush (and the necessary blending brush #217) is about $70CAD total -ridiculous but sooooooooooooo well worth the investment. Ok yeah, if I lose them, my wallet would cry because I definitely NEED this pair in my drawer. Always!

(my salary is really low, so I have only one pair and wash them daily)

The #239 brush is amazing for compact eyeshadows. Most of my eyeshadows are compact anyways. It's not so good with loose powder, but if you're careful (and if you're broke like me lol) this will do.

The hairs are short and dense, but also quite soft to touch and stiff enough to pick up eyeshadows. You have total control with this brush -you decide how much shadow goes on the brush, you decide how light/dark you want to apply your makeup, you decide where the colour is going.

NOTE: It cannot blend. That is why you'll need her sister, the #217, especially if you start playing with smokey eyes or rainbows!

P.S. totally unrelated but, can I just share this story? I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and asked if Quo (Shoppers brand) has a similar brush to #239. She looked at me (bitchy look btw) and said, "I don't know that brush. I don't know what you're talking about." Kidding me, right? I expect her to know this popular brush if she's called "Beauty Expert." I'm sorry but yes, that's my expectation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I feel like the only thing this is truly good for is packing on color. It is natural hair and I use it for my pigments. It washes well, but don't think you can use it in many ways. I've had it for over a year and a half and no shedding, ferrule is still intact and I use it almost daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover1110

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think it's a good eyeshadow brush. Better than drugstore ones: definatly the best high end brush out there: I don't think so. It packs a lot of color, it's a nice brush, it's MAC. No complaints but I don't think it's extrodinary.