Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

These eyeliners are not as smooth as high end ones, but they are decent. I got several when they were 4/$10. I think they are a good buy for every day use, but I got fancier ones for nicer occasions. These do last me 16+, don't fade, but sometimes run to my eye socket if I forget to put powder on my lids first. It's worth it to me since that doesn't happen often.

on 2/14/2015 1:47:00 PM

OMG ! IT'S MY FAVORITE EYELINER LAST 4 YEAR ) I have black all the time in my bag and other color buy time to time. color stay in eyes about 12 hour ! it's the best eyeliner for me.

on 2/8/2015 1:41:00 PM

SADLY, I cannot use the bulk of Avon products. I do not know what it is, but almost everything I've ever used from them irritate or bother me. This one is no exception.

This made my eyes water, and not many eye products cause that.
In fact, it has been years-and-years since I had an eye product bother me, and I use and try a wide variety...I do not wear contacts, so that was not an issue. But this made my eyes water something bad...So that was a deal breaker.

I wish I could use Avon products, they have some great-looking ones. But I am not sure what they do or use in their products, but often their scent or the product itself wreck havoc on me and for me.

I can't say I would not recommend these, but I certainly will not re-purchase. I only bought this to help out a friend. But never again!! Ended up tossing this. Yes, I should know better by now..;)

on 1/18/2015 1:24:00 PM

The colours are not as pigmented as they advertise them to be. It smudges pretty easily and does not last very long. The price was incredibly inexpensive but I would rather spend a little more dollars for something that actually stays.

on 1/13/2015 11:21:00 AM

I am just not a huge fan of these eyeliners. I wish I was because they are pretty inexpensive. The colors I have purchased haven't wowed me and they seem to smudge too easily. Maybe a good back up liner to keep at work or in purse.

on 10/12/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE these! They never dry out, even if you don't wear it for weeks on end (I go in and out of makeup phases). The glitter is subtle enough so that it's noticeable but not trashy. I've had no experience with smudging like some reviewers had. Honestly, if I go to bed with it on (I know, I know..that's a no no) I wake up and it looks exactly the same. Overall this is the only eyeliner I buy and will ever buy again. Priced right too..wait for it to go on sale or for a b1g1 and you'll be set!

on 8/19/2014 7:36:00 PM

Not for me. I usually use pencil liner and I like a sharp tip on lower lash line. This doesn't have a sharp tip at all. Smudged as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I own at least 10 shades of Glimmersticks. I sing in a band and DJ and even in our humid beach air they stay put through a whole performance. I have several neutral colors and some brights. I'm most impressed w Blue Shock. It's a blue teal. I've never had a bright blue stay put and not migrate in our heart and humidity. This liner is wonderful.
I read one comment about them breaking. I've only had that happen w the shimmery ones. They are a little softer then say black or brown so you have to be careful. Otherwise they apply smoothly and are easy to make a cat eye with. They smoothly angle and flick up on the end. They are also twist up so no sharpening. I don't line my waterline a lot but when I have it stays put as well. They are buildable and can go on subtle or be built up dark.
The price is also good especially when Avon has their mega sales. I've gotten them at $2 a piece but I would pay regular price for my staples like brown if I needed it.

on 3/23/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Glimmersticks are my go to eyeliner. I've owned just about every color and they all work wonderfully. The colors are great, the texture is creamy but does not feel heavy on the lids, and the product stays on all day. The packaging is very handy--retractable liners are always great. The only con I can think of is that the liner does break sometimes, usually if I'm pressing down a bit too hard. Those instances, however, are few and far between. Overall, this is a wonderful eyeliner for everyday or formal looks.

Pros: Versatile, pigmented, creamy, comfortable, retractable

Cons: A few breaks here and there

on 3/5/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE these eyeliners. I have all of them. They go on smoothly, last all day and give a great color pay-off! They are not over priced and last forever with proper care. Avon can be hit or miss for me; these eyeliners are a definite hit for me! I've been using them for years.