April 16, 2014 | 989 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by xoshayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and this is the only toner I've found that doesn't break out or over dry my skin. I use it before I apply my makeup, after I removed my makeup and any time I feel like my skin is a little oily. Definitely worth a try, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

This is an amazing product, I have a really oily t zone with black heads and large pores and have found nothing that worked. After seeing how cheap this was I decided to buy it not expecting too much but wow! After the first week of using this it had minimised my pores and cleared up my black heads, it hasn't dried my skin up and it leaves my skin feeling fresh. Absolutely love this toner and will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for YEARS. I use it for everything. I use it to disinfect my fingers before putting on skincare; I use it to clean my brushes; I use it on acne spots, rashes, etc. This is just all purpose for me. It takes the place of rubbing alcohol. I did try using it as a toner before, it just gets way too harsh, I would probably only do this if I had some serious breakouts. I actually don't mind the smell of this, better than rubbing alcohol at least.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

when i first began using this, i though i had found my HG!! but over time i think it was just too harsh for my skin, so while my acne had cleared up a bit, my skin was so dry and rough and just didnt look that healthy! good toner for people without sensitive skin i guess

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by LoveTheShinyAisle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

LOVE LOVE LOVE here's the story Up to about 2 months ago i thought i was getting my skin clean enough out at work and not just my face I'm talking in particular, the back of my neck. I have to wash twice and use a deep cleanse mask i also scrub the hell out of my neck with a loufa thingo. I came home one day and was looking over my shoulder in the mirror and there it was, a fine coating of black...so after washing twice and scrubbing till my skin hurt there was still coal so i grabbed some witch hazel that my mum uses for cuts and stuff and went over the back of my neck and no joke the pad came back black as spades, so i did my face (which i would never normally do because it looks clean) and the pad came back a light grey.

so after a year of thinking my skin was clean enough i was wrong!. So if anyone ever had any doubts about the effectiveness of this toner you really shouldn't and also its gentle as I use it everyday at night as a toner and in the morning as a cleanser because i don't really have a morning routine.

My skin has improved 10 fold, less blackheads looks more glowy and feels so refreshed I just kick myself for not even considering this toner before but its all good now better late then never!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by shinylipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, let me just say, Dickinson's Witchhazel is FABULOUS. Before I launch into a rave review, let me give you some background on my skin. I have combination skin which is both ridiculously dry & moderately oily on a daily basis. Adding to that, I have very, very mild acne on my cheeks. A girl at the pharmacy recommended Dickinson's Witch hazel as a toner to me because I was on the hunt for a new one at the time. I have been using it for over a month and it is great! It is very refreshing, gentle, soothing & does not sting AT ALL. It gets rid of any excess dirt/oil after cleansing and is just really great. It costs me around $6 a bottle at the supermarket (I live in Australia so prices may vary elsewhere), and it is great value. The packaging is great too. I absolutely recommend this product and will be repurchasing ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Stephie27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to start off by saying that I love pretty much everything about this product! It has really made a huge difference to my skin and I cannot imagine using anything else!
A lot of people think that all toners do is dry up all the moisture in your skin but Witch Hazel actually leaves your skin feeling fresh and still having a hint of moisture in it. The first time I put it on, I knew that this product would be in my everyday skin routine as it's so soothing.
I love how it's clear so it won't be an issue if I accidentally spill it anywhere! It also takes off ALL the excess makeup that is left on my face after I've used my makeup wipes which is amazing. Overall this toner is the best I've tried and it's very cheap! It has been nothing but good to my skin! :)

xo Stephie

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by couchlyf

I honestly have no idea what astringent or toner even means; I just play by the rules and use toners blindly. I never thought that they cleaned my skin, or controlled my wild pores. However when I picked up this product off the trust-worthy shelves of Walmart, I was completely blown away! First of all, it is well known that witch hazel smells horrid, rotten seaweed horrid. Even with this knowledge, I was unprepared for the stink of witch hazel. Secondly, and on the most positive note, my skin became a cherub's bottom! I haven't had it for long, it's only been a week, but my face is so much softer, my moisturizer stays moistrizin', and by the careful eyes of an insecure female, my pores might just be shrinking!
Yes, I'll be purchasing this stink bomb again after I'm finished the bottle (though that might be a long, long time)
But what can I say; beauty is pain, my friends.
Stay beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Sms815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this stuff! I dont actually use the dickinson's brand but the stuff they sell at dollar tree. The ingredients are the same, i prefer the packaging on the dollar tree stuff...& its only a dollar :) I use this stuff at night on a cotton round to remove my makeup(im lazy & this is better than doing nothing) it works great ...like a prepackeged wipe but cheaper. I also use it in the morning as a toner...it seems to help reduce and soothe any blemishes and redness as well as removing excess oil. The brand i use(swan.) has no odor to speak of and has a nice flip up top that squirts the product out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I was going to wait a while before reviewing this, as I am recovering from a major breakout. I was compelled to write one because in the four days I have been using this I haven't had any new breakouts and I see my acne drying up. I've scaled back on my routine because I used to bomb my face with salicylic acid. After reading a ton of advice tutorials on YouTube I decided to calm everything down. I wash with Cetaphil, tone with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and moisturize once a day with the Cetaphil lotion. I this routine is definitely working! I know a lot of people have a problem with the scent but I have no problems with it. It is also great to use on mosquito bites! This is definitely a HG type of product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No