Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 8/26/2015 6:32:00 AM

I'm 14 and I've recently been introduced to this product by mom mother. She had always used it for redness around my sisters and mine eyes growing up and now its just a comforting product I love so very much. I'm glad to have a bottle of my own and I have noticed my skin being tighter and smooth, yet haven't used it long enough to know whether or not its giving me the small clogged pours throughout my face. overall I love this product and always have. it takes away redness and tightens your skin while giving it a soft smooth glow. luv.

on 8/22/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awful for me!!1 Every inch of my face gets tiny acne/hard small acne. It took me months to recover. Same goes for Stridex red pad.....Awful

on 8/22/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HOLY GRAIL TONER! I have been using this product continuously since I was 12 and learning about skincare. It is a perfect toner, it is gentle enough not to irritate sensitive skin and strong enough to remove excess oil and cleanser without being drying. I use this after cleansing in the morning and in the evening and it leaves my skin feeling clean and my pores feeling tight. It has helped me treat breakouts also. My mother has been using this product for years and now at the age of 58, is still mistaken for a 40 year old. I have also used it on my acne-prone boyfriend and it stops his skin from getting excessively oily and calms his breakouts, reducing redness and size of pimples. This is truly loved in my family. I will continue to repurchase this product and have gone through countless bottles. A nice, natural product.

on 8/20/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've used this for years. I don't use it as an all over face toner though. I use it to disinfect pimples, spots, and things like that, it works a treat. I think it would be too harsh to use as an all over toner on my skin, it may be drying. I will give it a go during times that my skin is super oily and see what happens. The smell isn't bad at all either, although I could see that some people may not like it because it's not perfumed.

on 8/18/2015 9:33:00 PM

This makes my skin feel so soft and clean but it doesn't dry my skin out like clean and clear toners. I didn't notice a smell but I use so many other products it doesn't matter. It actually works in its favor, hate the chemical smell you usually get with toners.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff gets it done. Tones the crap out of my face which is why I bought it.

on 8/5/2015 8:05:00 PM

The first time I started using it, the effects were excellent! My skin totally cleared up, it got smoother, firmer and more even as well.

However that did not last very long......soon, my face went back to its normal condition with my occasional breakouts returning. This toner didn't really do anything for my skin afterwards. Now, it simply does its job of keeping my skin's oiliness in balance. I have tried stopping my use of the toner just so I could 'reset' my skin and start using the toner again to recreate the initial results but that didn't work either. I would probably try a different brand of witch hazel toner next time.

Initially, the smell was weird but after a while, I got used to it and the smell did nothing to affect my skin either. The bottle cap isn't very good at keeping the liquid flow consistent so it will leak if you try to pour it in your palm. I recommend pouring it into a spray bottle and spraying your face with it so less liquid would be wasted trying to get the liquid straight from the bottle.

on 8/3/2015 7:05:00 PM

I love this product. I use it as a toner for my acne prone skin and since i started using it, I've noticed a huge difference. My face feels more soft, less oily, and a lot less acne. Because my skin is really sensitive I can't use normal toners as they dry out my skin. This product is one of the best i have tried.

on 7/21/2015 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'd never previously used a toner, but based on the reviews on this website and advice from friends I decided to try out this product to see if it would help my skin that was suddenly breaking out and extremely oily (I later discovered that this was due to changing face wash from Cetaphil to a Neutrogena Naturals face wash).
The toner itself had a pretty neutral smell and felt nice and refreshing on my skin. I began using it after washing my face morning and night and I felt it really take the excess cleanser/dirt off my face, leaving a nice smooth surface for moisturising.
To begin with, I noticed my face becoming less oily when using this product. BUT, and it's a big one, it made me break out like C-R-A-Z-Y. My chin/jaw went from having 1-2 pimples to literally 20+. The breakouts ranged from small whiteheads to gigantic red cysts that would take weeks to surface. My forehead suffered equally as much, and I knew something was really wrong when I started getting breakouts on my cheeks (which are usually 100% clear) !!!
Friends and family started commenting on how bad my skin was getting - something they would only do if it was REALLY bad!!!
I used this product for approximately 3 months, but after that I was OVER IT and stopped use before the bottle was even close to empty. Now only 2 weeks after ditching it my skin has almost cleared up completely, however I'm still left with some scarring from the mass of breakouts.
This product clearly works for a lot of people but sadly it didn't work for me :-(

on 7/15/2015 5:31:00 AM

This truly is my life saver! I'm happy that I found this product. After 2 days of using this, my face is almost clear! Btw, I have cystic acne because of my PCOS. If you're hormonal imbalance, try drinking supplements as well. I am now taking Vitex (Agnus-Castus Chastetree Berry) and so far it's really effective. Dickinson's Witch Hazel reduced my pores and my horrible cystic acne. If you have oily and acne prone skin, you should really try Dickinson's Witch Hazel. :)