December 19, 2014 | 831 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Definitely another one in the bandwagon! Love this stuff! Petrolatum is the base so in that way it's like Vaseline but the difference ends there. The other ingredients are mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol, glycerin, bisabolol. It's these other ingredients that put it over the edge and make this such a wonderful product. They are lubricants, emollients, humectants and even anti-microbials. Panthenol is provitamin B5. It does have a greasy, oily feel to it - much more than even Vaseline - but I'm ok with that. Aquaphor is made by Eucerin which is a part of Beiersdorf - the German company primarily famous for Nivea.

How does it compare to similar products like Homeoplasamine (only available online in the US) or Yu-be? Homeoplasamine is made by Boiron (France) is an ointment with a matte finish so that might be preferable for some but it is a LOT more expensive and hard to get (at least in the states). Yu-Be is a cream - so that makes it very different - and is available at Nordstrom, Sephora, etc. It's a Japanese product that's part of a skin care line. The cream is moisturizing enough but I don't like using it on my lips. I also don't think it lasts as long as an ointment would - and I don't think it's as efficient on healing as Aquaphor.

Love Aquaphor! Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sherrys87

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can not tell you how many times that I have lost my little portable that I carry with me!!!
I don't know what I would do without it, me and my retina A. However, sometimes in the summer, I do back off to: ta da- Eucerin Moisturiser for Intensely Dry Skin! Probably not supposed to be used on the face, but I didn't read that closely.....it works like a dream.
Can't do without it....ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by serenas87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favourite lip balm. I apply it at night on to my lips and they feel super hydrated in the morning. Beats all the other lip balms like eOS, nivea, and chapstick. I add/mix in a little of blistex on my lips with it just because I like the refreshing feel that blistex leaves on my lips. I wish the texture wasnt so much like vaseline. Other than that it functions amazing as a lip balm. Looking at other reviews I may try to apply it on other areas and see if it produces the same results. Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

totally awesome. everybody should try it. ..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by NatGavran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aquaphor is amazing. I am currently on the acne.org regimen. I was about to quit because I could not stand how dry it made my under eyes and eyelids, even though I have never directly applied the acne. org benzoyl peroxide there. It has healed the skin around my eyes and I am continuing with acne. org. At night, I apply the benzoyl peroxide everywhere avoiding eyes. I then wipe under my eyes with a baby wipe and apply aquaphor all around my eyes. The next morning my eyes are moisturized, soft and makeup applies better. I hope this helps someone on the regimen or simply if you have extremely dry under eye skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by skittlemesweet20o5

First thing, yes this product is greasy, the main ingredient is petroleum so essentially it is just like vaseline so I don't get how people are complaining about the greasy feeling check the ingredients before you buy something, as for myself I have extremely dry skin all year on my face especially around my t zone so I am used to putting vaseline on my face, after a shower is best because my pores are more open so I'm not as greasy, but these past few days nothing works, my pharmacy recommended aqauphor which I had heard about but figured it's just like vaseline what's the difference, well that would be the added ingredients the mineral oil, an bisabolol which is what makes it different, those two ingredients is what helps PROMOTE HEALING, the bisabolol is what helps heal an the mineral oil is the moisturizer, petroleum is what helps some what moisturize, an protect your skin from further damage, its greasy because your skin cannot actually absorb it completely, petroleum is to thick, but for people like me with severe dry skin it's great for a light moisturizer if used in moderation, and a great overnight treatment. So far it has helped an this is day one of me using it, makeup also goes on smoother no dry, flaky patches, for someone addicted to Vaseline I will buy this again because Vaseline doesn't have the healing promoters like aquaphor, an its roughly the same price I would recommend this product although it's not for everyone.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very healing, nice occlusive :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by mayberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a skin care staple for me. I have dry skin, and I use this this ointment-like moisturizer to spot treat dry/irritated areas on my face/body. I use it every night on my lips, but I can't use it everyday all over my face because it clogs my pores. It seems more moisturizing and more occlusive than Vaseline. It's a great after a laser procedure or to spot treat dry sensitive skin because it's ultra moisturizing and it's made with simple ingredients. I do like the fact that it's unscented, but it would be so luxurious if it came in a soft rose scent too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Redrose1414

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am taking Accutane, a very serious but effective medication for severe acne. The meds completely stop your sebum (skin oil) production while on it. Your lips get VERY VERY dry and most products including chap stick do not work. Aquaphor is a life saver! It is the only thing that has helped sooth my dry lips and even helps very cracked lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by quiltrunner

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an 18 month breast cancer survivor. After 5 months of chemotherapy I had 38 radiation treatments. Radiation is 5 days a week for 7 1/2 weeks and it burns the hell out of the skin - all the way through including the skin on the back!!! I can only imagine what it's doing to the inside. The radiation oncologist says that Aquaphor and calendula (a natural ointment from the health food stores) are the only products that are scientifically proven to promote healing of the radiation burns. In preparation for radiation to begin at the consultation they give a bag of products - including many tubes of Aquaphor. I literally slathered the Aquaphor on 3x a day. I wore old t-shirts to keep it moist and also because it will leave stains on clothes. I was a complete grease ball!! Several other patients at the radiation clinic gave me their Aquaphor because they didn't like the greasy feel, and refused to use it. Those people burned to a crisp and some had skin peel off in layers, open wounds and risked infection. A few required silver nitrate treatments or had to discontinue radiation so they could heal for a bit. I didn't finish completely unscathed but I did finish in far better condition than anyone else I know. By miles!!! I am now doing breast reconstruction and my plastic surgeon said my radiated skin looks amazing. On the cellular level it is damaged but on the surface it looks no different than the radiated skin. I am a complete believer now! Aquaphor is the bomb!!!!

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No