October 25, 2014 | 1444 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Redrose1414

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am taking Accutane, a very serious but effective medication for severe acne. The meds completely stop your sebum (skin oil) production while on it. Your lips get VERY VERY dry and most products including chap stick do not work. Aquaphor is a life saver! It is the only thing that has helped sooth my dry lips and even helps very cracked lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by quiltrunner

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an 18 month breast cancer survivor. After 5 months of chemotherapy I had 38 radiation treatments. Radiation is 5 days a week for 7 1/2 weeks and it burns the hell out of the skin - all the way through including the skin on the back!!! I can only imagine what it's doing to the inside. The radiation oncologist says that Aquaphor and calendula (a natural ointment from the health food stores) are the only products that are scientifically proven to promote healing of the radiation burns. In preparation for radiation to begin at the consultation they give a bag of products - including many tubes of Aquaphor. I literally slathered the Aquaphor on 3x a day. I wore old t-shirts to keep it moist and also because it will leave stains on clothes. I was a complete grease ball!! Several other patients at the radiation clinic gave me their Aquaphor because they didn't like the greasy feel, and refused to use it. Those people burned to a crisp and some had skin peel off in layers, open wounds and risked infection. A few required silver nitrate treatments or had to discontinue radiation so they could heal for a bit. I didn't finish completely unscathed but I did finish in far better condition than anyone else I know. By miles!!! I am now doing breast reconstruction and my plastic surgeon said my radiated skin looks amazing. On the cellular level it is damaged but on the surface it looks no different than the radiated skin. I am a complete believer now! Aquaphor is the bomb!!!!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually purchased this because my tattoo artist said it worked really well. I had just gotten my ribs done and in the past always used Lubriderm. So, I picked up a tiny pot to give it a try. It is fantastic because I only put this on when my ink really starts to itch and you only need the tiniest amount! I'm shedding like a lizard but this is working so well on the tiny spots that did scab. All I do is touch my washed hands to the ointment and I dab the spots that itch the most.

I gently rub it in or pat it in on the more sore areas and it's amazing! My colour is super vibrant and it's healing soo fast. The ribs heal fast by nature but this is making it so much easier. Also it works great to give my other tattoo's some life. I figure I share my experience with this for those who like ink. It works fantastic and makes the healing process so much easier! Definitely Recommended:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent for dry skin and dry lips! There is no better product for my chapped lips, and dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

I received a sample in my livbox. Been ignoring this in my stash until the use of the body shop seaweed dried out my cheeks noticeably that my foundation starts clinging onto the dry patches. I was initially afraid that this would break me out rather badly since the gel consistency is really thick and spreads out oily. But glad that I gave this product a try. Works better than any face cream, and my make up still slides evenly on it without looking greasy. And since it has the healing agent, it does wonders solving my cracked cheek in quite a short period of time. Would buy the real product after sample runs out <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mandaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been my go to lip balm since I was on Accutane nearly 10 years ago. Nothing is as moisturizing and soothing as this. Also works great on my hands when they get rough and scaly in the winter. I don't know why people waste money on other lip products, a tube will last forever and is a great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by alienshe13

This product is great for taking care of new tattoos. It's pretty goopy and sticky, but nothing works better for keeping fresh ink moisturized. I've even used it as a lip balm in a pinch, and it worked wonders on my boyfriend's hands when they were raw from washing dishes at work. For the price, it can't be beat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found this to be good for moisturizing very dry skin in the winter, but I don't like the greasy texture. I use it for a quick fix when I haven't kept up a good moisturizing regimen. It doesn't leave my skin especially soft, but when it gets so dry that it itches, this works quickly to take away the itch and heal the dryness. I use gloves and socks so the greasy film doesn't get on anything I come into contact with. It doesn't take much, so a tube lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate it. too sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gonna have to join the party on this one. great versatile MUST HAVE in every household. Let me just add this that I haven't read yet, mainly for mommies, it's a great diaper rash ointment. safe for babies, way less chemicals, heals a lot faster. It's so great I'm shocked more moms haven't discovered this, especially the humanitarians) We use the walmart knockoff which we discovered works the same (just in a white tub, "equate advanced healing ointment"), and my mom uses this on my baby sister, I will also use this on my children in the future. AWESOME for tattoos, my whole family uses this for that purpose! My grandma uses this on her psoriasis, she claims it's better than every prescription she's ever used. Everyone needs this!