The Body Shop Foundation brush

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2015 9:23:00 AM

It gives even and smooth finish but you gotta find the way.

on 6/17/2014 12:19:00 PM

This brush was the first foundation brush I bought and it was bad enough to put me off them for awhile! It feels soft and doesn't shed, but the result it gives is awful. I gave it three tries, applying a different liquid foundation each time varying from quite viscous to thin in case one particular formula just didn't work with the brush.

It's not the shape that's the problem but the bristles, which soak up most of the product.

Like others have said, this brush streaks like crazy. The bristles quickly clump together so it's useless for buffing and when this happens it has a grotty, icky feel. It's quite difficult to clean too. I just threw mine out.

I suggest Bobbi Brown's foundation brush (which has the same paddle shape, if you like that), the high coverage foundation brush by Dior or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

on 3/29/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So at first I didn't like this brush at all! But I later figured out that I wasn't using it right, and now am LOVING it!
So at first I pump a little amount of my foundation in the back of my hand then I dot it on my face and use the brush to blend it in. It works like magic.
Though you need to wash it after every use but it dries quickly.

on 4/1/2013 10:26:00 PM

Left my foundation streaky even after trying different primers and moisturizers underneath. Sturdy handle and the bristles don't fall out or anything but I was disappointed in the performance of this brush.

on 1/20/2013 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've had this brush for years. Not sure why but it makes my foundation streaky. Never use it much.

For what it's worth, the brush in itself is sturdy, soft and good. For the price it is actually great. Just doesn't do it for me, though.

on 11/17/2012 10:52:00 PM

I don't understand the negative reviews for this brush! I actually really like it. :)

It's soft on the skin, it doesn't soak up too much product, it doesn't shed, and it doesn't make my foundation too streaky. I tried a stippling brush beforehand to apply makeup but I found that I like a good old foundation brush better.

It's a little expensive but it seems like it will last a while. Would definitely buy this again.

on 6/8/2012 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had never owned a foundation brush before this one but had expected good things from The Body Shop. While I still do like the shape, size, and softness of this brush (plus it has never shed), it just doesn't cut it for me. I usually have to do a fair amount of extra tweaking with a makeup sponge and/or my fingers for my foundation to look decent; otherwise it's just too streaky and too difficult to blend with this brush. It has also been a pain to clean and as some reviewers have said, it starts to lose its original shape. Not worth the price. I'm in the market for a different brush.

on 6/4/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation brush is a traditional foundation brush for creamy and watery foudation. It doesn't shed, feels good on face with soft bristles, but stiff enough to sculpt my face. It doesn't streak too, so the application has been smooth. However, after 2 years of using it, it begins to change in shape, and that's the problem with all The Body Shop brushes - they are not very durable. One side of the bristles all goes to the other side and now it is very uneven. weird!

Overall, I think it's a brush for beginners and would be a good choice if you don't put on makeup that often!

on 11/30/2011 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This one isn't worth it, it's the only Body Shop brush from my collection - and I own most of them - that lost its shape overtime. The finish was streaky too. Meh.

on 11/27/2011 8:07:00 AM

its amazing, i use little quick strokes and it applies my liquid foundation just perfect although
it gives a much nicer more natural finish and more coverage :)

Popular Makeup Brushes