December 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Nataliedubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed by this product, I usually love everything I get from MAC. I found that I had to press hard to get it on my eyebrows, and it actually snapped off a couple of times. The colour wasn't even (it looked spotty somehow), which made it look really obvious that I had filled in my brows. I used a spoolie to help blend it, but overall it was a lot of effort for not a lot of payoff. Also, there is no spoolie on the end of it! What the heck! I prefer a pencil with a spoolie attached. The overall quality of it was extremely similar to the Maybelline Define-a-Brow, and at more than double the price, just isn't worth it. The only good thing about it was that I found it had good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Nazmin93

I absolutely love this! I'm on my 7th one now I know I'm never going to look back lol. I did try other brow kits inbetween but my brows never come out a perfect as it would when I use this! It's so slim and pigmented so no pressure is needed and it's the most natural dark brown ever. You need to get used to it and know how to make it look good when you're using this brow pencil and the best thing for that is a spoolie to blend then you're sorted! Obviously you will need a precision brush and your favourite concealer to neaten up the edges and you're done, prefect brows! Only downside is the price but it hasn't really stopped me from repurchasing and also if you have oily skin it can get blotchy around the at the beginning if the brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

I love love love this! I've purchased Anastasia Dip brow and Brow wiz because of the rave but it does not compare to this! This shade is absolutely perfect for dark brown brows. So quick and easy to fill my brows in too! My only complaint is it doesn't seem to last that long for the price so I wish they'd have more product inside of it. Also, I read that Maybeline version of this in Dark Brown is the exact same but it is not! Very good but still not as good as this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Flirted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've gone through THREE of these within the past year and a half. I fill in my eyebrows everyday, even on the days where I'm wearing absolutely NO makeup - I need my brows at least filled in. The color is nice, but I find that if I sweat or absolutely touch/rub my eyebrow, this product will come on. If I don't touch my face or eyebrows at all, the color and staying power will be there. There will be times where I accidentally touch or hit my brow and I'll notice the color transfer of this product. I don't set my brows with anything, I only just use this - which may be why.

Overall, I like this a lot. Just wish it had a spooly end!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by hannahskm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect Eyebrow pencil!
Wasn't born with lots of eyebrow so I literally cant live without it...

I have both colours Spike and Stud.. Spike suits me much better
on my skin tone!

Runs out quickly so I am looking for an alternative cheaper brand ..
haven't found one so far so I'll keep on buying this till I find one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

C3 AAB black hair with very sparse brows Ė I mean they are going bald to the point that I was considering permanent makeup for a minute. Luckily I like my brows on the thin side, but this is not from over-plucking bc I am missing hairs in weird areas which have never been tweezed. I have a good many hairs that you can see have some minute growth and then have just stopped right there, in itís little stubby state.

I have been using spiked pencil for over 5 yrs. This pencil has allowed me to perfect my brows. When I want that perfect, structured brow look, I start my brow routine by outlining the upper and lower borders of my brows with spiked. Iím very careful to just barely touch the pencil to my skin as it is very easy to apply more product than is desired. So I go carefully and with as light a touch a possible, outlining top and bottom. I then take my angled brow brush to blend the lines inward toward the body of the brow, then finish by filling in w Mac Coquette eyeshadow. Spiked is perfect for extending the non existent tail of my eyebrow. I finish by cleaning up edges with what is left on my concealer brush. Since I have incorporated spiked into my brow regimen, I have received many many compliments from other women. It has a slightly waxy texture which makes for easy precision and lasts and lasts.

When I choose not to do such a structured brow look, I just fill in with coquette and finish with Mac Brow Set in Beguile which I just reviewed and am loving.

I completely identify with previous reviewerís frustration at not being able to tell how much is left!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by jfrsr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first product i ever bought from MAC. my hair is very dark, almost black, and most ordinary pencils/powders are not dark enough for my eyebrows. I previously used Spiked but this was too light for me so now I use Stud.

Whenever this product is delivered the box it comes in is always squashed but i've never had any issues with the pencil itself. When i first received this pencil i was worried that it would not last very long due to the size of it (my first pencil only lasted a couple of months), but now i've become a bit better at applying it they last a lot longer now. I definitely get more natural looking results with this pencil than i have with other brands i have used before. My skin never reacts badly to it & it stays put all day. I do sometimes put MAC Brow Set gel over the top if im going out but usually i don't and have no issues with the product staying. Only downside in my opinion is that it doesnt take a lot of pressure for the pencil to snap (the colour inside, i mean). you have to be quite light in your application, especially if you wind it up too far (as you cannot wind it back down)

Overall, love this stuff, gives a much more defined look than other products i have used in the past. Only thing that could be done to improve it would be to be able to wind the product back into the pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by erinlee86

This product is amazing, it's not over the top and it's quite natural looking. One thing I don't like is when you can really tell that your eyebrows have been drawn on, to me there is nothing worse then that. I think this is really nice as you can get the perfect shade without looking tacky. The product doesn't run and stays put on all day. At first I wasn't sure what the product would be like as the product is quite thin and doesn't look like it will go far, but surprisingly is. At first I tried lingering, but because my hair is darker it was too light for me, spiked was the perfect shade so if you have darker hair then this is perfect for you. I would purchase again, in fact I have bought the product about 4 or 5 times

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ash10twenty

Very precise!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really disappointed here. I was making a purchase for lipsticks in a MAC shop, and asked if I could look at anything for eyebrows, as I was using a MUA brow pencil and looking for something else. The sales assistant instantly picked this up and told me this is what I wanted.
Paid something like £13 for it.
I went home and opened it up and realised just how TINY it is. not much product at all. I was told it was super sharp so I could draw individual hairs. After the first use the end obviously got blunt.
To be honest, I've been using this for two weeks now and its no better that the £1 MUA pencil I was using. Gonna try Urban decay's Brow box in my ongoing quest for nice eyebrows.