July 26, 2014 | 1468 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by adriannee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Probably the only foundation i've found that isn't wayyyyy off my skin tone! Usually there is never a pale colour for me that doesn't turn my face a completely different colour from my neck.
I use 03, the third lightest shade i think (it was a wake up call to how pale I've really gotten haha!), and since it doesn't have pink tones in it, it actually suits! Buuuuut, today my face was pretty red this morning for some reason, and when I applied my makeup, my skin literally turned a pale white/pink! I looked shocking the whole day, considering i have very pale skin on my neck with yellow undertones. I was hoping this makeup would overcome the pink in my face that sometimes occurs, but it seems to worsen it :( But, oh well, common occurrence for me and this is a lovely, light, matte makeup. The only downside is my skin has been drying out quite a bit around my mouth since I started using this, but again not a huge problem as it's easily fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite products ever!! Great texture,great coverage,plus it feels like you are make up free! Doesnt set into pores,and has great staying power!I love it,especially in summer,when i want something extra light for my face!In winter,i use this to set my bourjois cc cream and it awesome!!I will keep on repurchasing for life!Better than other high end powders!And in a goos price too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by arimbii

it's good product althoung the oil control is so-so. I am just a little bit dissapoint about the packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by asha890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is so far the best foundation for me.. i use shade 02.. the lightest.. and it suits my skin very well.. i have a combination to oily skin and this is just perfect for my skin condition. does not break me out at all which is a huge plus! before this, i used to buy Mac foundation but it totally broke me out badly maybe cause its clogging my pores, change to bodyshop foundation and its the best decision i've ever made!

the coverage is superb and looks so natural on my face.. some people thought that i have not put anything onto my face when using this. non oily and suitable for any type of skin including acne prone! eventhough the price is quite expensive but its worth every penny.. :)

totally repurchase once i ran out of this amazing stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice product. Good heavy coverage. Caters for paler complexions too which is good. Great cream to powder formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

My 2nd purchase. I use this to set my make up. Medium coverage for me - it does cover the redness on my t-zone. For a thicker coverage, you can wet the sponge. You can use a brush to set your make up too. It is pricey so i usually get mine when they are having a storewide promotion. I replace the sponge with a new one when it gets really dirty but i think this is normal. Do remember to replace your sponge! You dont want to get break outs from not doing so.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by nyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven use a powder foundation for years and I don't know what strucked me to buy this. The finish is alright, it gives off a natural satin finish, but sometimes my face can look overly powdered. I apply it with their extra virgins minerals brush. Doesn't conceal any blemishes but does even out my redness well. I don't know if I'd buy this again because this makes me shiny after 4-5 hours and it's pricey considering it doesn't come with refillables.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation. Very high quality for its price. Nicely packaged with a separator for the sponge. Goes on smoothly without caking. Covers pores well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG powder foundation. Not only is the price pretty great ($22 considering this acts like a high-end powder), but the coverage is amaz-a-zing! Great on my oily skin, even though the ingredients include moisturizers and a leaf oil. Somehow it keeps me matte, doesn't settle on any of my problem areas, and still looks pretty natural and fresh. Can be worn alone for a lighter look or on top of foundation for an airbrush type of application. However, the one flaw I have with this is it goes fast! There isn't a whole lot of product in the casing, but not to fret. The Body Shop usually has some sort of promotion on their makeup, such as buy 2 get one free, so I have enough to last me awhile. Also, I am usually allergic to drugstore powders and break out, and this one luckily leaves my skin acne-free. You should definitely give it a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by frckls

I hesitated to purchase this product for quite a while, thinking that I should look elsewhere. But 'elsewhere' means either ordering online or waiting for someone's generosity to send one for me. So, I took the plunge.

To start of, I like the finish. One reason among others I waited to get this was the matte finish. I hate matte, flat finish. This does not have matte, flat finish. It's more like velvet satin matte finish, which is quite beautiful really.
It doesn't hold back my oil for too long, but it doesn't make me look like a greasy mess, either. I'd say, if I'm not sweating my ass of in this tropical land, I'd get a good 4-hours. I can only blot with a tissue paper afterwards and looks fine. But even if I spend time outside and get quite a bit of the humid air, it still looks beautiful on my skin.
It also doesn't give whitecast on pictures, which is actually great.

It doesn't cover any marks on my face used dry. But it does tone down the look quite a lot. I still use my concealer underneath it.
In fact, it is super amazing as a setting powder, used in tandem with my trusted Inglot Under Eye Concealer used as a foundation. The concealer gives a light coverage, then this powder adds it up making my skin looks like porcelain without looking overdone. And that has NEVER happened before. Ever. And I didn't even need to spot conceal!

I tried numerous foundation in the hope of achieving that smooth porcelain looks but nothing works on me. Powder foundation is what works, but finding a color match is not easy. The one with vast shade-range is not available here.
I'm around NC30 and I use number 06. Quite yellow but not overly so.

The packaging is not amazing but it serves its purpose while still looking quite pretty. The sponge also works well for me, though I haven't tried it wet. So far I've got no complaint.

The price is quite a lot for a powder foundation that I know I can get in other brands for much cheaper. But then again, most of them are not available here. Not including the headache of finding a color match.

With all that said, I still give the powder its deserved 4-lippies. It's pretty much close to HG. Not good price-wise, but it's easily available all-over the world with consistent pricing. Plus, TBS holds quite a lot of sale and I can always stock up.

I'm going to keep it on my note in case I don't find any other powder with better value. :)