December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was given this by my mom when she ordered the wrong shade on accident, and it happens to be my perfect shade-03- so I took it. I wasn't really sure what to expect from it, because all I knew about it was from what my mom told me but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

You can use this powder wet or dry, which I quite like because I can use it dry over a liquid foundation for some added coverage or by itself when wet when I want a more natural, not so made up look for the day but I still want some coverage. When dry, it has a very light coverage and when wet the coverage is more medium. Usually I don't like the poofs that come with powders, but this one comes with a sponge and I quite like it because it works well to apply the powder wet and dry-it's a pretty dense sponge as well, and it's easy to clean if you're worried about germs and bacteria.

I've been using this powder a lot lately, particularly since my skin is breaking out quite a bit and I want to give my skin a break from the heavier makeup I tend to wear. I find this works pretty well, particularly when wet, because while it doesn't completely cover up my blemishes(which isn't at all what I'm looking for)-it does cover up the redness of them and even out my skintone.

Another thing I really like is that I don't feel like I have to touch it up much. I've never been in the habit of wearing primers under powder when it's all I'm wearing and this really does last me the majority of my long days without it, even though I'm someone that, sadly, tends to sweat quite a bit and gets hot pretty easily. I've only found myself wanting/needing to touch it up once throughout the day(keep in mind, this is when I've been using it wet) which I really like because I'm a full time theatre student and downtime isn't something that I have a lot of.

The packaging is pretty bulky but, as another reviewer mentioned, I do find that it protects the product pretty well.

It is pretty pricy for a powder, but The Body Shop does have store wide/site wide sales fairly often so if you like it or want to try it, I would keep my eye out for those sales and jump on them when you get the chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by silurian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great value foundation. In texture and finish, I find it to be similar to Studiofix (dry, matte) although it doesn't have quite as good coverage or lasting power. There is a great range of natural-looking colours (I'm C2/3 and wear #4). The coverage is easily buildable to medium, doesn't oxidise but does start to wear off over the course of the day, especially if it's hot. I have extreme combination skin and it works fine on both the oily and dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for over a year now and have already repurchased once, so I guess it's time for a review! When I first ordered, they were out of the lightest shade, so I ordered the color 035 for my very pale skin. 035 is slightly pink-toned and it matched my skin very well, but I eventually moved onto shade 2 because it's yellow-toned and covers my redness a bit better. There are a lot of great shades to choose from, so that shouldn't be a problem for most people.

The formula is a very dry powder. In my experience, it will NOT stick to dry skin. When I try to apply it without something underneath, it looks chalky and patchy and I feel like I have to apply 500 layers to get ANY coverage. Over a good moisturizer, it's perfect. The coverage is good and buildable. I've found that the best method of application is using a flat-top brush (I use one by e.l.f.). They give you a little sponge withe the compact, but it applies way too much product and makes it more difficult to spread. I also feel that I use much less product when I use a brush.

After applied, it lasts most of the day and remains pretty smooth. It's mostly a matte finish, but it's not "dead" matte. It's almost satin-matte. Be the end of the day, it has definitely worn off some. My skin feels a bit dehydrated and "gritty" when I remove it, but that may just be my skin type. I have oily, dehydrated, acne-prone skin that is prone to both rosacea and eczema ( a winning combo!). I'm positive that powder foundations don't help with the eczema, but I find them to be the most comfortable. This formula also doesn't aggravate any of my skin conditions, so that's a huge plus!

All in all, I would definitely recommend this powder foundation to anyone who wants a quick and easy foundation. TBS has sales constantly, so you can usually get it for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by leighiaj

I really like this product, but I'm not sure I would really call it a foundation. It is too sheer to be on its own for me as I like to have a bit more coverage, but it works well as a powder, however, it's too pricey for me to warrant buying it just as a powder.

The packaging protects the powder from breaking so easily (however, I did manage to break it once), but it is bulky.

TL;DR: Very nice, but a little too sheer as a foundation and too pricey as a powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by leighmegb

Great powder foundation. Gives an even complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was disappointed when i got this product and used it because it is so raved on makeupalley

i have oily combo skin, and this was a good powder foundation.
when applied dry it was TERRIBLE. every little patch of dry skin was amplified by like 10000x
places that i didnt even know was dry came out...and it had light coverage

when applied wet, the coverage was probably medium and then it made the dry patches better i guess, not as noticeable

however after a couple of hours, i did start to get very oily around my forehead T zone and my nose area...

expected a lot more out of this product :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ladygoodman16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good quality foundation, I've been using this for nearly a year after switching from Mac's studio fix, which is a great foundation but now I find is a bit too heavy for me. I like that the face base is a light-medium coverage, I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation but it has a good mattifying effect on my T-zone. I still have to wear a concealer on scars or blemishes.

The colour match is excellent - I use shade 02 on my fair skin with yellow undertones (in the summer months it does seem slightly too pale, but the next shade up is a bit too dark for me).

I apply with a brush so the coverage is light, but you can use a sponge for a heavier coverage. Sometimes I've used the face base as an ad-hoc concealer by wetting the sponge and dabbing the powder on a blemish, it actually works quite well.

I still have to touch up my T-zone half way through the day, but I've found that I get less oily using this as opposed to other powder foundations I've tried - I always had to use shine blotting papers before, but now I don't find that I need them with this face base.

The compact is nothing special, just a cheap shiny plastic, and the sponge is kept in a compartment above the powder rather than underneath, which I find not very user-friendly.
I always buy this on promotional price, as it's not very long lasting, it would be too expensive at full price. Overall no problems and good value for money when it's on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by adriannee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Probably the only foundation i've found that isn't wayyyyy off my skin tone! Usually there is never a pale colour for me that doesn't turn my face a completely different colour from my neck.
I use 03, the third lightest shade i think (it was a wake up call to how pale I've really gotten haha!), and since it doesn't have pink tones in it, it actually suits! Buuuuut, today my face was pretty red this morning for some reason, and when I applied my makeup, my skin literally turned a pale white/pink! I looked shocking the whole day, considering i have very pale skin on my neck with yellow undertones. I was hoping this makeup would overcome the pink in my face that sometimes occurs, but it seems to worsen it :( But, oh well, common occurrence for me and this is a lovely, light, matte makeup. The only downside is my skin has been drying out quite a bit around my mouth since I started using this, but again not a huge problem as it's easily fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite products ever!! Great texture,great coverage,plus it feels like you are make up free! Doesnt set into pores,and has great staying power!I love it,especially in summer,when i want something extra light for my face!In winter,i use this to set my bourjois cc cream and it awesome!!I will keep on repurchasing for life!Better than other high end powders!And in a goos price too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by arimbii

It's nice. It's lightweight. Cons: the packaging is so bulky and the oil control is so so